Author Topic: Sharpton recieves massive amounts of death threats in response to Imus  (Read 15940 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
ABC news reported that since Sharpton called for the firing of Imus he has revieced massive amounts of death threats and has had to hire additional security teams. The NYPD has also pitched in and taken on securing rhyme master Sharpton.

Is it right that tax dollars are going into securing Sharpton?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
ABC news reported that since Sharpton called for the firing of Imus he has revieced massive amounts of death threats and has had to hire additional security teams. The NYPD has also pitched in and taken on securing rhyme master Sharpton.

Is it right that tax dollars are going into securing Sharpton?

He's an American citizen isn't he? He's plagued by death threats isn't he?

If it's right that American tax dollars are going into securing politicians plagued by death threats, why not Sharpton?
w

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

If it's right that American tax dollars are going into securing politicians plagued by death threats, why not Sharpton?
Because he's a poison to this country.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

Because he's not an elected public official.

This smells like a publicity stunt from someone who sees the spotlight about to fade.

24KT

• Getbig V
Because he's a poison to this country.

You say that like some of your politicians are not.  :-\
w

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
why, are they not your politician's too?

24KT

• Getbig V
Because he's not an elected public official.

This smells like a publicity stunt from someone who sees the spotlight about to fade.

Neither are potential witnesses in trials, ...or many other citizens provided with protection.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
why, are they not your politician's too?

you tell me? what would make me say such a thing?  ::)
w

youandme

• Getbig V

He's not a politician. He might be an american citizen but why should tax dollars be wasted in securing someone when they incite hate only on themseves.

Hundreds, thousands of people recieve death threats they don't recieve special protection. The majority of people in witness protection programs don't even get security, and they are usually helping put criminals behind bars, helping america.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
he can afford his own private security i'm sure.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Ding ding ding!  We have a winner.

And I am betting Sharpton was just drooling at this Imus thing as a chance to get lots of TV time before announcing his 2008 Presidential run.  How soon until we see him, "victorious" in getting a man fired and surrounded by NYPD "because he is so important", declaring he will run for president to defeat "all the Imuses in the world!"

And the media, as you know, will be all too happy to cover it.  Sharpton is not a threat to the status quo - he's a sideshow.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Ding ding ding!  We have a winner.

And I am betting Sharpton was just drooling at this Imus thing as a chance to get lots of TV time before announcing his 2008 Presidential run.  How soon until we see him, "victorious" in getting a man fired and surrounded by NYPD "because he is so important", declaring he will run for president to defeat "all the Imuses in the world!"

And the media, as you know, will be all too happy to cover it.  Sharpton is not a threat to the status quo - he's a sideshow.

Sharpton is such a jackass.  It's people like him that give his causes a bad name.

OzmO

• Getbig V
::)
and to my post being removed  ::) ::)

When you use racial slurs such as "gook" That's when i start yanking threads. 

Post what ever you like just keep racial slurs out if it.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
When you use racial slurs such as "gook" That's when i start yanking threads. 

Post what ever you like just keep racial slurs out if it.
;)

but you know he is pushing back the race 50 years, right?
he should be put in his place as an extremist, not an activist.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
He's not a politician. He might be an american citizen but why should tax dollars be wasted in securing someone when they incite hate only on themseves.

{cough} Bush {cough}

Actually, he is a politician, ...and  I pose my original question again

Hundreds, thousands of people recieve death threats they don't recieve special protection. The majority of people in witness protection programs don't even get security, and they are usually helping put criminals behind bars, helping america.

How many of those threats come in en masse and are credible?
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
;)

but you know he is pushing back the race 50 years, right?
he should be put in his place as an extremist, not an activist.

hey, i'm not a Sharpton fan in any way.  I believe he's not helping the situation with those Basket Ball players.

It was a public insult and Imus apologized for it and paid a price for his error.  End of story, time to move on.

24KT

• Getbig V
hey, i'm not a Sharpton fan in any way.  I believe he's not helping the situation with those Basket Ball players.

It was a public insult and Imus apologized for it and paid a price for his error.  End of story, time to move on.

ditto
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
I hope he dies.

chaos

• Getbig V

what??? price for his error? How much should he pay in his life? losing his livelyhood because of a comment. that's too much. do you think sharpton and jackson uproar and pushing the subject into the limelight constantly had no effect on this?

c'mon, you can't be that f'd up.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
he did pay a heavy price.  Made $10+ million a year.  All gone now because of one tasteless comment.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
i sewar it wasnt me...i just said i hated the guys guts and he is an blood sucking opportunist...and i reallyreally really hate him....but no death threats from big mal...and i would kill sharpton in a debate over this...absolutley kill him

chaos

• Getbig V
he did pay a heavy price.  Made $10+ million a year.  All gone now because of one tasteless comment.
tastless, but should he have been fired?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
what??? price for his error? How much should he pay in his life? losing his livelyhood because of a comment. that's too much. do you think sharpton and jackson uproar and pushing the subject into the limelight constantly had no effect on this?

I never said i agreed with it. 

But i do understand CBS's thinking in the matter.  It was a business decision.

Frankly i don't think he should have got fired.

My point with that comment was that Sharpton needs to leave it alone because enough has happened.

OzmO

• Getbig V
I won't be surprised if gets another radio show soon.

24KT

• Getbig V

If it was good enough for Bill Maher, ...why isn't it good enough for Imus?
If you recall, Bill didn't slur anyone... or maybe that was the problem.  :-\
w