Author Topic: Sharpton recieves massive amounts of death threats in response to Imus  (Read 16206 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Imus received death threats for supporting a black senator in Tennessee, in return the senator turned his back on Imus and demanded he be fired.  I guess sharpton feels what Imus has felt in the past.   But good grief, a few words has turned into death threats, what a crazy society kids of today has turned this world into.

Harold Ford Jr.
Imus was one of his biggest supporters.  he conveniently was unavailable for comment in the week after the Imus line.  Then, once he was fired, harold was all about criticizing Imus.  I guess he'll support Imus as long as he can get tv time, but once political tide turns, he turns.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Imus received death threats for supporting a black senator in Tennessee, in return the senator turned his back on Imus and demanded he be fired.  I guess sharpton feels what Imus has felt in the past.   But good grief, a few words has turned into death threats, what a crazy society kids of today has turned this world into.

:o  Kids ?  You're gonna blame the crazy society on kids? ???
Adults created this mess. The kids are just living in it... and it's the kids who are most likely going to have to turn it rightside up again.
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Harold Ford Jr.
Imus was one of his biggest supporters.  he conveniently was unavailable for comment in the week after the Imus line.  Then, once he was fired, harold was all about criticizing Imus.  I guess he'll support Imus as long as he can get tv time, but once political tide turns, he turns.

I don't like disloyalty. 

body88

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

He looks like James Brown's illegit son. What an ugly mofo.
The House that Ruth built

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
sharpton is a great man.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
sharpton is a great man.
  ::) ::) ::)  That was a good joke.
Squishy face retard

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
  ::) ::) ::)  That was a good joke.

Im serious ???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
sharpton is a great man.
Great at what?  Sturing up shitstorms that bring him and Jesse into the center of attention?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Great at what?  Sturing up shitstorms that bring him and Jesse into the center of attention?

They are good at capitalizing on others misfortunes. Kind of like being a bloodsucking leach.
The House that Ruth built

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
Well if people act right(white people), then none of this will happen. I find it funny when white people say that a racist remark about a black person didnt offend them. It shouldnt, your not black.  ::)
Don Imidiot wasnt just talking about black women, but he was talking about all women. How would you feel if you had a young daughter athlete that was called that by Don Imidiot.

24KT

• Getbig V
Well if people act right(white people), then none of this will happen. I find it funny when white people say that a racist remark about a black person didnt offend them. It shouldnt, your not black.  ::)
Don Imidiot wasnt just talking about black women, but he was talking about all women. How would you feel if you had a young daughter athlete that was called that by Don Imidiot.

Many people are placing emphasis on the racist aspect of the slur, ...forgetting the sexist nature of it as well.
In many circles, people see nothing wrong with attacking a woman based on sexuality. Forget the nappy comment, ...he also called them hos, and he offended alot of women as well. Most of the people who I have seen get all bent out of shape over the firing have predominantly been white males, who for the most part, just don't seem to get it. Most cite their hatred of Shapton as their reason for their upset. Hello... the man did something very wrong. Whether it was Sharpton, or someone else who pressed the issue is irrelevant. The fact remains, he made a mistake and is paying the price for it. end of story. We should all now let the man rebuild himself in peace without his name being associated with even more useless hatred.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
You could say that about black people in any situation. 

Examples:
92 Riots
01 Lakers' Win

What did that accomplish but reinforcing stereotypes?

Imus was fine, it was who he attacked.  He made comments about MExicans and Asians and never had problems.  Go figure.

Many people are placing emphasis on the racist aspect of the slur, ...forgetting the sexist nature of it as well.
In many circles, people see nothing wrong with attacking a woman based on sexuality. Forget the nappy comment, ...he also called them hos, and he offended alot of women as well. Most of the people who I have seen get all bent out of shape over the firing have predominantly been white males, who for the most part, just don't seem to get it. Most cite their hatred of Shapton as their reason for their upset. Hello... the man did something very wrong. Whether it was Sharpton, or someone else who pressed the issue is irrelevant. The fact remains, he made a mistake and is paying the price for it. end of story. We should all now let the man rebuild himself in peace without his name being associated with even more useless hatred.
DO you EVER listen to rap music?  Good lord.  They say that shit left and right yet it is okay...F-ing Hypocrisy.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
DO you EVER listen to rap music? 

no.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
no.
well, look at the lyrics and see how YOUR own people degrade themselves and their women
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
well, look at the lyrics and see how YOUR own people degrade themselves and their women

Why would I look at the lyrics when I've already chosen not to listen to them.

as for the "YOUR own people degrade themselves and their women" comment, ...like I said I don't listen to rap, and I don't align myself with people based upon race. There are things people have in common that transcends things such as race, ...but small immature minds would probably not grasp such a thing.
w

Cap

• Getbig V

as for the "YOUR own people degrade themselves and their women" comment, ...like I said I don't listen to rap, and I don't align myself with people based upon race. There are things people have in common that transcends things such as race, ...but small immature minds would probably not grasp such a thing.

So you are a regular Imus listener?  You talk about being a black woman and seem to think of yourself as empowered. Well, why not empower other black women to not be subjected to that crap and to fight against it instead of hiding discrimination under the guise of "CULTURE" because Rap is not cultured at all and makes blacks look ignorant.  If you want to transcend race and look at sex/gender then as a WOMAN fight against that shit with Imus and Snoop Dogg.  None of the Rutgers girls seem to want to take on the rap community but are willing to get an old white dude fired.

BTW, anyone that thinks Sharpton is a good guy or Jackson for that matter, look deeper and see their true colors.  Quotas for all, keeping qualified candidates out just to fill a Token Spot.
Squishy face retard

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

did you choose to listen to Imus' show? The opint is that he said nothing that isn't said 100 times on any rap CD, yet no one pressures rappers to change their lyrics. Constantly if a white person makes the racist remark it's a shitstorm, if the remark is made by a "minority" it seems to be OK. If you disagree, that's fine, but explain why Imus should be fired, when if he was black the comment would never have been given notice, he wouldn't even of had to apologize because no one would have cared.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Cap

• Getbig V
did you choose to listen to Imus' show? The opint is that he said nothing that isn't said 100 times on any rap CD, yet no one pressures rappers to change their lyrics. Constantly if a white person makes the racist remark it's a shitstorm, if the remark is made by a "minority" it seems to be OK. If you disagree, that's fine, but explain why Imus should be fired, when if he was black the comment would never have been given notice, he wouldn't even of had to apologize because no one would have cared.
Exactly.  One lib professor I have (not that I needed to qualify that) said it's because the black people saying them have no power.  I think Jesse Jackson has as much power as Imus and his Hymietown comment is more offensive than Imus'.  I don't see any Jews asking him to step down for past comments.
Squishy face retard

chaos

• Getbig V
that's my biggest issue. the fact that these guys (blacks) can go on CD saying any racial slur they want about any race or religion, and Sharpton/Jackson won't jump up and throw a fit. A white guy says nappy headed hos and he's got a target on his back a mile wide. Reverse racism at its finest.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Cap

• Getbig V
that's my biggest issue. the fact that these guys (blacks) can go on CD saying any racial slur they want about any race or religion, and Sharpton/Jackson won't jump up and throw a fit. A white guy says nappy headed hos and he's got a target on his back a mile wide. Reverse racism at its finest.
Tell me about it.  Rosie Freakin O'Donnell never heard shit but if she called Star Jones "Mammy" then she would have definitely heard some s_hit.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
There is a big distinction you seem to be forgetting... as distasteful as it may be, rap lyrics are not directed at specific individuals. Imus directed his comments at specific people. In any event, it was his employers who had the last word, not Sharpton. If you have a problem with that take it up with his employers not me.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
There is a big distinction you seem to be forgetting... as distasteful as it may be, rap lyrics are not directed at specific individuals. Imus directed his comments at specific people. In any event, it was his employers who had the last word, not Sharpton. If you have a problem with that take it up with his employers not me.
I thought you transcend race.  Anyway, it does target people.  It targets lower class Blacks and middle class Whites and tells them that women are sluts, bitches, hos and to devalue them.  Who is doing the greater harm?
Squishy face retard

chaos

• Getbig V
Just curious as to why most blacks find it acceptable for rappers/hiphop to use racist terms towards their own race/ women but it is offensive if a white guy says the same thing. rap lyrics are directed specifically at black women.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
Just curious as to why most blacks find it acceptable for rappers/hiphop to use racist terms towards their own race/ women but it is offensive if a white guy says the same thing. rap lyrics are directed specifically at black women.

Perhaps your question is best directed towards those who find it acceptable.
w