Author Topic: MIchael moore takes 9/11 workers to CUBA for health care  (Read 655 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
MIchael moore takes 9/11 workers to CUBA for health care
« on: April 15, 2007, 06:44:54 PM »
April 15, 2007 -- Filmmaker Michael Moore's production company took ailing Ground Zero responders to Cuba in a stunt aimed at showing that the U.S. health-care system is inferior to Fidel Castro's socialized medicine, according to several sources with knowledge of the trip.

The trip was to be filmed as part of the controversial director's latest documentary, "Sicko," an attack on American drug companies and HMOs that Moore hopes to debut at the Cannes Film Festival next month.

Two years in the making, the flick also takes aim at the medical care being provided to people who worked on the toxic World Trade Center debris pile, according to several 9/11 workers approached by Moore's producers.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04152007/news/worldnews/moores_sicko_stunt_worldnews_janon_fisher.htm

I don't like it.  I understand Moore's point and I cannot argue it - in the US, the system tells these dying 9/11 heroes to piss off, but in Cuba they are given health care.  But it makes my stomach turn to hear it.

Mr. Intenseone

Re: MIchael moore takes 9/11 workers to CUBA for health care
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 08:17:21 PM »
April 15, 2007 -- Filmmaker Michael Moore's production company took ailing Ground Zero responders to Cuba in a stunt aimed at showing that the U.S. health-care system is inferior to Fidel Castro's socialized medicine, according to several sources with knowledge of the trip.

The trip was to be filmed as part of the controversial director's latest documentary, "Sicko," an attack on American drug companies and HMOs that Moore hopes to debut at the Cannes Film Festival next month.

Two years in the making, the flick also takes aim at the medical care being provided to people who worked on the toxic World Trade Center debris pile, according to several 9/11 workers approached by Moore's producers.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04152007/news/worldnews/moores_sicko_stunt_worldnews_janon_fisher.htm

I don't like it.  I understand Moore's point and I cannot argue it - in the US, the system tells these dying 9/11 heroes to piss off, but in Cuba they are given health care.  But it makes my stomach turn to hear it.

Michael Moore's a Liberal........right?

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
Re: MIchael moore takes 9/11 workers to CUBA for health care
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 08:41:53 PM »
at the end of the day - facts are facts