Author Topic: My Dog Climbs Ladders  (Read 1532 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
My Dog Climbs Ladders
« on: April 16, 2007, 05:58:16 AM »
He can go up but he can't go down again, which means I get to carry him down.  ::)

Curb this behaviour in your dog!  Just a word to the wise.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: My Dog Climbs Ladders
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 06:04:31 AM »
He can go up but he can't go down again, which means I get to carry him down.  ::)

Curb this behaviour in your dog!  Just a word to the wise.

Tapeworm, please inform us as to the first time you discovered he could climb ladders ;D
R

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: My Dog Climbs Ladders
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 07:11:14 AM »
Thanks for the bump Stella  ;)

For years he came to work with me on building sites.  He was always content to just hang around... maybe have a bit of lunch.  One day I heard scratching on a ladder and saw he was half way up.  I didn't have the heart to yell at him so I just let him carry on.  He made it to the second floor after about 10 minutes.

Now he knows how, he'll do it unless I remember to tell him not to.  He's so much quicker that he's usually near the top before I notice what he's doing. 

He also knows what wet concrete looks like (to stay away from) and knows "stay back from there" like for freshly laid floor tiles or anything else - he won't go in the room even days later unless invited.  There's other stuff too, but he always refused to learn "pass me the screwdriver."  ::)