Author Topic: Drop that ginkgo biloba and clasp your hands behind your head!!  (Read 1098 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
<< When it comes to health freedom, this is the FDA’s end game. A new FDA “guidance” document, published on the FDA’s website, reveals plans to reclassify virtually all vitamins, supplements, herbs and even vegetable juices as FDA-regulated drugs. Massage oils and massage rocks will be classified as “medical devices” and require FDA approval. The document is called Docket No. 2006D-0480. Draft Guidance for Industry on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Products and Their Regulation by the Food and Drug Administration. >>

http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_4803.cfm

But don't worry...

Uncle Sam says genetically-modified-for-avian-flu-resistance battery chickens are A-OK!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Drop that ginkgo biloba and clasp your hands behind your head!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 07:25:39 AM »
A couple years back I screamed my ass off on the main G&O board after the FDA stated on their site they had reinterpreted laws to do exactly this.  I was pretty much told to stfu wasn't going to happen.  So many people are like beach bum and won't really give a rats ass until it smacks them in the face.  Of course it's usually to late to stop it at that point.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 07:35:46 AM »
Massage oils and rocks will need FDA approval!?!?!

That is retarded. Massage rocks are not 'medical devices', they are nothing more than regular old stones polished, they are not taken internally merely rubbed on the body. I own a spa, and I know prior FDA clampdowns have really affected the spa industry in the US negatively, this is just making it worse.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 07:41:22 AM »
My mother's second husband was a product developer in the health industry. Surface disinfectant sprays for surgical environments... stuff like that.

He used to say that getting FDA approval for things was the most time-consuming bureaucratic clusterfuck known to mankind. [He was French, so I'm paraphrasing here.]

If River and Robin Q. Newage have to get it for their massage rocks (of all things!), I don't think they're ever going to make it to market.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 07:44:54 AM »
Yeah this is a Republican plot to stop us all from making protein shakes. Uncle Sam has been doing dumb shit like this for years..its BS. Bills like this surface from time to time and everybody gets spun up, including myself. If its that bad WE need to do something...they have no right to do shit like this. Its neither a dem or repub issue..its the no it all civilian shitheads who have been firmly entrenched at the FDA who have nothing better to do. You can also blame all the fat morons that take handfulls of ephdra and get it banned for the rest of us. Its also idiots in sports media that lump in Creatine with juice. Lets not blame Bush for this one.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 08:37:30 AM »
Yeah this is a Republican plot to stop us all from making protein shakes. Uncle Sam has been doing dumb shit like this for years..its BS. Bills like this surface from time to time and everybody gets spun up, including myself. If its that bad WE need to do something...they have no right to do shit like this. Its neither a dem or repub issue..its the no it all civilian shitheads who have been firmly entrenched at the FDA who have nothing better to do. You can also blame all the fat morons that take handfulls of ephdra and get it banned for the rest of us. Its also idiots in sports media that lump in Creatine with juice. Lets not blame Bush for this one.
I agree, this is really something we should all have no problem getting behind regardless of party.  As far as I know, this BS was advanced under both Dem and Rep admins.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 08:52:48 AM »
The FDA is a f-ing joke. 

It's an corrupt agency that looks out for pharmaceutical companies first and people second.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 09:14:27 AM »
A couple years back I screamed my ass off on the main G&O board after the FDA stated on their site they had reinterpreted laws to do exactly this.  I was pretty much told to stfu wasn't going to happen.  So many people are like beach bum and won't really give a rats ass until it smacks them in the face.  Of course it's usually to late to stop it at that point.

Yeah I posted that a couple of times, and people mocked it ::) I also told everyone how xenical was going to be OTC, soon enough it was on the shelves 5 months later.People don't realize what's going on. The drug business is big business, imagine a pharmaceutical company selling vitamins and taking over that market, then taking on homeopathic medicine....

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 09:50:33 AM »
Thats what its all about...this didn't start with Bush..nature of the game and we should all be pretty pissed.
L