Author Topic: Name that breed  (Read 3601 times)

body88

Name that breed
« on: April 16, 2007, 01:24:21 PM »
I posted about this topic in a different thread. I would like everyone on the board to guess how many pitbulls are included in these pictures. Keep in mind these days pitbulls can weigh anywhere from 35 - 120 lbs.  They can be white,  brindle, spotted, red , black, combinations of several colors or blue. Some have natural ears, some have cropped ears. Some are bred to have huge heads, while some are bred in the mold of the original pit and kept at around 36 - 60 lbs. Look at all 8 pictures and tell me how many of them are pits. I chose the pictures that would give you the best chance to find the pits. Many times you cannot tell.

body88

Re: Name that breed
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 01:25:13 PM »

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 02:04:33 PM »
i say 3 are pits. def can see some american bulldogs and some stafshire (sp) in those pics as well

body88

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 02:26:09 PM »
i say 3 are pits. def can see some american bulldogs and some stafshire (sp) in those pics as well

Guess again  ;)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 02:29:10 PM »
Dogo
Bull dog
Pit
not a pit
Pit
not a pit
american bull dog
bourdeaux/pit mix

body88

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 03:05:42 PM »
Dogo
Bull dog
Pit
not a pit
Pit
not a pit
american bull dog
bourdeaux/pit mix

You got the first two. There are no pitbulls amoung those pictures. My point was (to the pit critics) if any of these dogs bit a person, it would be classified as a "pitbull type" attack by a group like the cdc.  They include about 12 diff  breeds (including mix's) when they talk about pitbull attacks ::)

The dogs are

Argentinian Mastiff (dogo)
Female American bulldog (performance type)
Staffordshire mix (mut)
Presa Canario
Presa Canario
Bandog mix
American bulldog (hyrbid type)
Bandog

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »
i have read that physical traits and characteristics shared by "pit bull" dogs are also shared by 25 other breeds that are not even bully breeds.

this allows these bsl idiots and certain media people to run with these stories about pit bull attacks.

most of the time the dog in question is either a mix that may have some "pit bull" or one of these many other breeds who have some similar physical traits.

that is one of the many reason why this breed spicific legislation enforced against pit bulls is such nonsense.

body88

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 05:33:13 PM »
i have read that physical traits and characteristics shared by "pit bull" dogs are also shared by 25 other breeds that are not even bully breeds.

this allows these bsl idiots and certain media people to run with these stories about pit bull attacks.

most of the time the dog in question is either a mix that may have some "pit bull" or one of these many other breeds who have some similar physical traits.

that is one of the many reason why this breed spicific legislation enforced against pit bulls is such nonsense.

Very true.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 03:37:35 PM »
none are pits?! ???

body88

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 03:41:43 PM »
none are pits?! ???

Not a single one is a full fledged apbt.

1.) Argentinian Mastiff
2.) Female American bulldog (performance type)
3.) English Staffordshire terrier mix (mut)
4.) Presa Canario
5.) Presa Canario
6.) Bandogge
7.) American Bulldog (Hybrid type)
8.) Bandogge