Author Topic: Score one for 240...  (Read 2204 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Score one for 240...
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:31:59 PM »
Senate Judiciary Committee postponed Tuesday's questioning of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales on the firings of eight federal prosecutors, saying the proceedings would be inappropriate in light of the Virginia Tech shootings.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070416/ap_on_go_co/fired_prosecutors_34;_ylt=AmOY89I0XfvYZnTo2EQ7HNuWwvIE

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Score one for 240...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 02:55:33 PM »
huh ??? so our governenment body is not setup to operate when bad things happen?

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 02:56:10 PM »
And 240 did say he didn't think it was a conspiracy.

coincidence.

Sandra

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 03:01:04 PM »
That makes him 1 for 240. :D

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 03:08:42 PM »
huh ??? so our governenment body is not setup to operate when bad things happen?

I won't say I'm not disappointed. But it's probably a smart move on Leahy's part.

Re-schedule for next Monday... by which time everyone will be sick to death (as it were) of this story after 6 days of non-stop coverage.

Then Seedy Gonzales's tap-dancing exhibition can receive our relatively full attention.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 03:11:44 PM »

good point.  Looks like AG just bought himself another few weeks.

Now, as far as the conspiracy talk, I'm sure it's definitely out there.  Look at the events.  Almost 8 years to the day from Columbine, new slew of anti-gun legislation primed to come out for a lame duck president with 20 months left in office.  ATF had been in those buildings the last 2 fridays for bomb scares (we all know their role in other events), and the incredibly uncanny ability of this kid to be crazy/emotional enough to shoot his GF in a domestic fit of rage, then gather 12+ clips of ammo and chains and locks within 2 hours on foot and calmly fire hundreds of rounds into strangers without being challenged upon reloads.  With a 9 and a .22 - 60 hits and 30 kills is damn near impossible.

But from what I see, it's just a kid who lost it and got incredibly lucky, coupled with a group of kids whose reaction to a gun was to lay down and wait to be executed.  Saddest thing I've seen in a long time.  

(And yes - watch the news tonight and you see the exploiters already.  "national school safety assoc" demanding more money for school safety research.  Monster tlak of new gungrabbing legislation, etc).

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 03:30:56 PM »
wow 240 where did you come up with this? so you watch the news of the delay and post it here.. wow your a fucking genius..

so this was all planned by the government? they forced that guy to do this. you need to step out of that doublewide and do something with your life.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 03:32:18 PM »
wow 240 where did you come up with this? so you watch the news of the delay and post it here.. wow your a fucking genius..

so this was all planned by the government? they forced that guy to do this. you need to step out of that doublewide and do something with your life.

He wasn't ever saying that.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 03:36:06 PM »
He wasn't ever saying that.

when 240 talks about "other" peoples ideas, you know exactly what he's talking about..

even to suggest this is a government operation is fucking insane

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 03:36:56 PM »

240 never claimed it to be a conspiracy, just awfully convenient.

Even if he did, why would it be so absurd anyway?
Many accused Clinton of bombing an entire country to divert attention away from his legal woes.
And we all know how Gonzales feels about human rights. Given what we know about 911...
why would such a premise be so farfetched? Desperate men do desperate things.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 03:39:12 PM »
when 240 talks about "other" peoples ideas, you know exactly what he's talking about..

even to suggest this is a government operation is fucking insane

What's insane is believing 19 men with box cutters led by some guy in a cave had the ability to transcend the laws of physics, and direct operations at Norad. THAT's INSANE!
w

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 03:40:41 PM »
What really honks me off is that I added a paragraph about the delay to the Wikipedia article on the shooting and it was deleted as being "not relevant"!  >:(

Observing a moment of silence is apparently relevant. The White House "monitoring the story" is apparently relevant. But the delay of widely-anticipated testimony by the Attorney General concerning possible perjury in a hearing that is expected to end with his being forced to resign in disgrace... that's not relevant.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 03:42:31 PM »
What really honks me off is that I added a paragraph about the delay to the Wikipedia article on the shooting and it was deleted as being "not relevant"!  >:(

Observing a moment of silence is apparently relevant. The White House "monitoring the story" is apparently relevant. But the delay of widely-anticipated testimony by the Attorney General concerning possible perjury in a hearing that is expected to end with his being forced to resign in disgrace... that's not relevant.

How did you word it?
w

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 03:43:24 PM »
some of you people are just incredible.. i can understand why you would spend all your time on the internet..

you honestly think the cia went up to some guy and made him go kill a bunch of people.. did they tell him to establish a relationship with a girl for a few years and then go kill her to make it look like he was pissed?

how is this convenient? what is going to change with gonzalez? and its not even a big deal..

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 03:45:21 PM »
What's insane is believing 19 men with box cutters led by some guy in a cave had the ability to transcend the laws of physics, and direct operations at Norad. THAT's INSANE!

you need a life

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 03:50:06 PM »
some of you people are just incredible.. i can understand why you would spend all your time on the internet..

you honestly think the cia went up to some guy and made him go kill a bunch of people.. did they tell him to establish a relationship with a girl for a few years and then go kill her to make it look like he was pissed?

how is this convenient? what is going to change with gonzalez? and its not even a big deal..

Did I say I think it was a deliberate attempt to divert attention?
I simply asked why such a premise could be considered so far-fetched.
It's not like similar allegations haven't been levelled before in similar situations.
w

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 03:55:09 PM »
How did you word it?

I'm always on good behavior over there with Neutral Point of View.

"Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Patrick Leahy postponed the scheduled April 17 testimony of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales concerning the firings of 8 United States prosecutors."

I put it back. Fuck 'em.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 04:18:09 PM »
kh300,

I MORE than clearly made it known I believed it was just some nut.

Your statements show that YOU are the one inventing multiple scenarios and conspiracies.

Grow the fvck up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »

YOU are the only one on this thread who said anything like that. 

YOU are the one who isn't making sense in this thread.

YOU are the one making up these insane scenarios.

YOU are the crazy one here.

How is this convenient? what is going to change with gonzalez? and its not even a big deal..

The date of his testimony.  And it did.  God you are dumb. 

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 04:21:30 PM »
good point.  Looks like AG just bought himself another few weeks.

Now, as far as the conspiracy talk, I'm sure it's definitely out there.  Look at the events.  Almost 8 years to the day from Columbine, new slew of anti-gun legislation primed to come out for a lame duck president with 20 months left in office.  ATF had been in those buildings the last 2 fridays for bomb scares (we all know their role in other events), and the incredibly uncanny ability of this kid to be crazy/emotional enough to shoot his GF in a domestic fit of rage, then gather 12+ clips of ammo and chains and locks within 2 hours on foot and calmly fire hundreds of rounds into strangers without being challenged upon reloads.  With a 9 and a .22 - 60 hits and 30 kills is damn near impossible.

But from what I see, it's just a kid who lost it and got incredibly lucky, coupled with a group of kids whose reaction to a gun was to lay down and wait to be executed.  Saddest thing I've seen in a long time.  

(And yes - watch the news tonight and you see the exploiters already.  "national school safety assoc" demanding more money for school safety research.  Monster tlak of new gungrabbing legislation, etc).

240 you have got to be kidding me
Valhalla awaits.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 04:27:02 PM »
240 you have got to be kidding me

about what?  I've made it very clear that I believe one crazy kid did this.

I looked at the points that CTers would have, but I don't see anything to it.

Then I pointed out those who are already exploiting it on cable news to grow their own budgets and agendas, but that is the norm for tragedies, the vultures eat.

Settle down. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 04:32:03 PM »
I'm always on good behavior over there with Neutral Point of View.

"Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Patrick Leahy postponed the scheduled April 17 testimony of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales concerning the firings of 8 United States prosecutors."

I put it back. Fuck 'em.  :)

You might instead want to say "The severity of this tragedy has had such a ripple effect throughout the nation, it has even led to Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Patrick Leahy postponing the much anticipated scheduled April 17 testimony of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, currently embroiled in a bitter battle to retain his post, amid scandalous allegations of professional misconduct concerning the firings of 8 United States prosecutors"

Worded thusly, it would be hard to argue no relevance to the shootings since it was directly impacted by the shootings.

Hope That Helps.  :)
w