Author Topic: In other, much less important news, you're eating rotten food sold by China  (Read 686 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
The list of Chinese food exports rejected at American ports reads like a chef’s nightmare: pesticide-laden pea pods, drug-laced catfish, filthy plums and crawfish contaminated with salmonella.

Yet, it took a much more obscure item, contaminated wheat gluten, to focus U.S. public attention on a very real and frightening fact: China’s chronic food safety woes are now an international concern.

In recent weeks, scores of cats and dogs in America have died of kidney failure blamed on eating pet food containing gluten from China that was tainted with melamine, a chemical used in plastics, fertilizers and flame retardants. While humans aren’t believed at risk, the incident has sharpened concerns over China’s food exports and the limited ability of U.S. inspectors to catch problem shipments.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18078824

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
This issue plagues the nutrional supplement industry as well. That's one of the reasons I used and promoted Synergy products. It's one of the few nutrional supplement manufacturers with the ability to ensure their raw materials are not contaminated. All others are simply running on faith. I can't tell you how many raw materials they have rejected, ...only to have the supplier say "rather than send it back to us, ...we'll send you a shipping label. Just send it on to XYZ company, they'll take it" And sure enough, they do. It's scary to know the many way in which our food & supplement supply is adulterated.
w