Author Topic: this gimmick situation is getting retarded  (Read 4178 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
this gimmick situation is getting retarded
« on: April 17, 2007, 05:46:22 PM »
okay, i give up. i can't keep track of all these accounts. between minuteman, gimmic, noc, professional, enigma, apparently heckler, who knows who else, only a few of which do i know the users of, i just can't keep up with things any more.

this is almost as bad as back when getbig let guests post, there's no way to know who the fuck you're talking to.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: this gimmick situation is getting retarded
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 06:09:03 PM »
Yes it is highly dickish.

I actually created a gimmick account a while back, posted like 5 times and came to the conclusion it is a retarded concept.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 06:24:33 PM »
Yeah, it's fkn stupid. The V sucks now, the best part was that we knew who the fuck we were arguing with. Now people come after us on their first post. I can't complain too much though, I actually feel bad for the poor fucks that go to the trouble to make up these gimmicks to "settle their online scores". ::) Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to make sure that one "handle" doesn't know that another "handle" doesn't like them.  :-\
E

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 06:27:03 PM »
Yeah, it's fkn stupid. The V sucks now, the best part was that we knew who the fuck we were arguing with. Now people come after us on their first post. I can't complain too much though, I actually feel bad for the poor fucks that go to the trouble to make up these gimmicks to "settle their online scores". ::) Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to make sure that one "handle" doesn't know that another "handle" doesn't like them.  :-\

That's exactly what I felt like when i attempted a gimmick.........a pussy.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 06:32:36 PM »
about a month ago i had an idea for a gimmick that i would have enjoyed. and then i realized that it was stupid and there was no reason i couldn't just post the same shit under this name.

danny nailed it, it blows when you have no idea who you're talking to. even faceless accounts are better adversaries than gimmicks that show up and dive right into the fray on their first post. you know it's a gimmick, but you don't know whose it is and it's just annoying.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 06:33:33 PM »
I have my imposter 'CaribbeanQueen' back posting now :-\

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 06:36:35 PM »
I must reiterate a Magoo/Groink/Rude modship is perhaps the only way to fix this problem. Kiwi once had a policy of no gimmicks on the V, which he only used to keep Bluto out under the pretense that he was actully BSB, now those two are not the same person, but his idea wasn't bad if enforced fairly.
E

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 06:36:37 PM »
Good thread. I think Benjamin Pearson has one or two. The eye-rolling and "oh brother" usually give him away.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 06:43:15 PM »
If Adonis would just stop having gimmics, we'd get rid of half of them.

Alex23

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 06:44:19 PM »
I have my imposter 'CaribbeanQueen' back posting now :-\

Yea and She's actually fat and ugly; very bad imposter ;)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 06:45:17 PM »
If Adonis would just stop having gimmics, we'd get rid of half of them.

I'm not convinced they are him, he is not a big V board poster actually. I can't remember ever seeing him post here tbh.
E

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 07:03:52 PM »
I'm not convinced they are him, he is not a big V board poster actually. I can't remember ever seeing him post here tbh.

Oh, he has posted on the V trust me on that. Alot. I have, how shall I say, the "ear" of someone. Been here 5ish years, and I'm a chick ;)

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »
you sound like kiwiol  ::)

im not a 'gimmic'

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 07:09:06 PM »
I must reiterate a Magoo/Groink/Rude modship is perhaps the only way to fix this problem. Kiwi once had a policy of no gimmicks on the V, which he only used to keep Bluto out under the pretense that he was actully BSB, now those two are not the same person, but his idea wasn't bad if enforced fairly.

Fully agreed...if kiwi is stepping down, I will back this ticket, or a combination thereof...

I don't care if someone posts pics or not, you don't have to be a hardcore lifter to impress me or to get me to acknowledge you or whatever, not sure what idiot founded that concept.

I never understood the concept of a gimmic ever and I've been accused of being one hundreds of times.

Magoo, Groink, RB, let's get this shit cleaned up...   :)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 07:11:58 PM »
I call it Internet Multiple Personna Disorder (IMPD). It's probably a sign of childhood trauma.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 07:16:35 PM »
I call it Internet Multiple Personna Disorder (IMPD). It's probably a sign of childhood trauma.

Couldn't we call it Pathological Internet Multiple Personalities Syndrome  (PIMPS) ?  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 07:34:42 PM »
gimmicks are for pussies.......

??? ........
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

neverending

• Getbig I
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 07:37:07 PM »
gimmicks are for pussies.......

Yes they are. Take superstarbillygrham, what is he 12 ::)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 08:03:44 PM »
Couldn't we call it Pathological Internet Multiple Personalities Syndrome  (PIMPS) ?  ;D

Fuck no!!!!!!

PIMPS smack bitches, not act like them.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 08:33:20 PM »
look at some of the threads going right now. gimmicks talking to gimmicks? are you kidding me?  ::)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 08:51:52 PM »

because you lack the grey matter required to decipher such a cryptic post, ill write and easier version.

gimmick=pussy
the ???... is because someone already has claimed  the owner as their gimmick. Now if I could remember who... >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 09:43:04 PM »
Fully agreed...if kiwi is stepping down, I will back this ticket, or a combination thereof...

I don't care if someone posts pics or not, you don't have to be a hardcore lifter to impress me or to get me to acknowledge you or whatever, not sure what idiot founded that concept.

I never understood the concept of a gimmic ever and I've been accused of being one hundreds of times.

Magoo, Groink, RB, let's get this shit cleaned up...   :)

Don't bother wasting your time M. You will barely remember the V in a months time!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 09:47:03 PM »

Notice how we never had that problem before while I was modding? Do you think that was a coincidence?

I made the most noise about every new comer after sending them a welcome PM, just so everyone would either back or trash them, so they'd be part of the family in no time.

A mod's job shouldn't be about housekeeping at all, like merging/deleting threads etc. A mods job is to generate traffic for the board and a good mod will never lose a regular - they should only gain new ones. When your biggest intention is to get as many people to enjoy and you do a good job, the board will never die or go stale / dead.

Of course, there's an element of creative talent that you need to work into it 8)

Alex23

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 10:04:30 PM »
Notice how we never had that problem before while I was modding? Do you think that was a coincidence?

I made the most noise about every new comer after sending them a welcome PM, just so everyone would either back or trash them, so they'd be part of the family in no time.

A mod's job shouldn't be about housekeeping at all, like merging/deleting threads etc. A mods job is to generate traffic for the board and a good mod will never lose a regular - they should only gain new ones. When your biggest intention is to get as many people to enjoy and you do a good job, the board will never die or go stale / dead.

Of course, there's an element of creative talent that you need to work into it 8)

You lost us all weeks ago..  ???  ???

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 10:22:25 PM »
If you got rid of gimmick accounts, the Getbig membership tally would fall to 27.