Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
November 28, 2014, 03:03:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UFC on HBO  (Read 1529 times)
*ChuteBoxe*
Getbig IV

« on: April 17, 2007, 06:04:47 PM »

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3796&zoneid=2

Word on the street is that Noguiera's first fight will be on HBO against either Brandon Vera or Tim Sylvia.  (I personally think it will be Vera)
Report to moderator   Logged

Predictions
 40/61
headhuntersix
Getbig V

Our forefathers would be shooting by now

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 06:35:15 PM »

One more sign that this is headed to replacing boxing. They guy that overruled the powers that be at HBO Sports has seen the writing on the wall. Two years ago all u had was UFC on Spike now its everywhere.

L
americanbulldog
Getbig IV

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 06:36:35 PM »

Vera will fight Big Nog.   Grin  The new Pride has fired "Twinkletoes!"  Lots of changes brewing. 
*ChuteBoxe*
Getbig IV

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 07:27:25 PM »

Vera will fight Big Nog.   Grin  The new Pride has fired "Twinkletoes!"  Lots of changes brewing. 

You would think Trigg would know what he was talking about being a fighter and all, but suprisingly most of his fight analysis and predictions were way off, or just plain dumb.  Plus, no more Jerry millen either,  I hope they rehire Bas.

Predictions
 40/61
americanbulldog
Getbig IV

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 07:51:22 PM »

You would think Trigg would know what he was talking about being a fighter and all, but suprisingly most of his fight analysis and predictions were way off, or just plain dumb.  Plus, no more Jerry millen either,  I hope they rehire Bas.

"Oh God!" was quite concise commentary from Frank!   Grin
dootle
Getbig II

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »

there would never be any better commentator than Bas!! I hope they Bring Bas back!!!
20inch calves
Getbig IV

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 02:39:47 PM »

i hope it comes to hbo. can't stand boxing now..long live mma

irongearco.com
Bluto
Getbig V

Well?

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 07:05:38 AM »

bring back bas!

Z
Thin Lizzy
Getbig IV

Thin Lizzy

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 09:15:12 AM »

One more sign that this is headed to replacing boxing. They guy that overruled the powers that be at HBO Sports has seen the writing on the wall. Two years ago all u had was UFC on Spike now its everywhere.

The reason MMA has remained illegal in New York State has nothing to do with the "brutality" and everything to do with the boxing lobby not wanting to lose its cake.

At this point, IMO, even a mediocre UFC card would sell out Madison Square Garden.
americanbulldog
Getbig IV

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 12:30:55 PM »

The reason MMA has remained illegal in New York State has nothing to do with the "brutality" and everything to do with the boxing lobby not wanting to lose its cake.

At this point, IMO, even a mediocre UFC card would sell out Madison Square Garden.

True dat. 
smoothasf
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 06:47:03 PM »

i live in the uk, 2 years ago no one knew who i was talking about when i said royce gracie, shamrock, tito....... 2 years on every mma fight venue here sells out and most people are up to date on ufc.  Not many are familar with Pride yet but it just shows how quick it has developed in popularity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!