Author Topic: Dice K strikes out 10 against the Jays  (Read 1208 times)

body88

Dice K strikes out 10 against the Jays
« on: April 17, 2007, 07:01:30 PM »
Only problem was Chacin pitched a hell of a game, and only allowed one run tonight (2 - 1 loss) ::)  Pretty annoying since the sox just destroyed the angels over a 3 game sweep scoring 25 - 3. Dice K went 6 innings struck out ten, walked three, and allowed 2 runs. Only gave up three hits. The only blemish for Dice K was after a no call on a obvious strike, and then a botched double play ball by Julio Lugo which would have ended the inning. This seemed to rattle Dice, he walked three in that inning letting up a run. He then bounced back to strike out the side in the fifth and again mow down the side in the sixth, completing a strong pitching performance. This kid is going to be something when he fully adjusts to this league. So far 2.70 era, 24 k's and 5 walks. The sox pitching staff is looking dominant so far. This loss was extra annoying since on top of Dice's 10 strikeouts the bullpen continued to strike out/retire jays after Dice K left the game.  Dice is currently one strike out behind Santana to lead the MLB in strike outs (he has 24). The sox offense was on fire leading up to this game, tough loss. I like the team this year. The pitching is fantastic and the offense is starting to heat up (minus tonight of course). Jd and Lugo have turned out to be fantastic additions so far. Still a ton of ball games to play tho. So far so good, still have the one game lead in the division ::)

Props to Chacin on a great  pitching performance, he has owned us for years.

blinky

• Getbig V
Re: Dice K strikes out 10 against the best offense in the AL
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 10:18:22 PM »
GO JAYS  ;D

ya that kid dice k is gonna be amazing when he fully adjusts.

but more importantly it looks like chacin is gonna have another great year. now if they can just get burnett firing...him, chacin and the man "DOC" HALLADAY will make this a great team.....along with what looks to be one of the best offences in the league

body88

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 12:37:54 AM »
GO JAYS  ;D

ya that kid dice k is gonna be amazing when he fully adjusts.

but more importantly it looks like chacin is gonna have another great year. now if they can just get burnett firing...him, chacin and the man "DOC" HALLADAY will make this a great team.....along with what looks to be one of the best offences in the league

Chacin was awesome tonight! He has had our number for years.The Sox destroyed the angels pitching over the last three games. So for Chacin to shut them down like he did was very impressive. Statistically the jays have the third best offense in the league. That changes day to day tho. Needless to say it is a good offense.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 12:49:02 AM »
Statistically the jays have the third best offense in the league. That changes day to day tho. Needless to say it is a good offense.

and the scary thing is that wells and thomas havent done shit yet...wait til they get going  :D

body88

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 07:35:07 AM »
and the scary thing is that wells and thomas havent done shit yet...wait til they get going  :D

Looks to be a great team. Losing BJ for the 4-6 weeks is tough. I think you guys lost Romaro for the season correct? I know Brandon League and Thomson are on the 15 day dl. If the bullpen can step up and weather the storm until the pitching is 100 percent healthy, you guys will be def force for the division during the stretch. It really hinges on Frasor stepping up and being able to close on a consistant basis , which he is capable of doing.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 09:06:56 AM »
So basically the Red Sox have lost every game Dice K has pitched in right?  mmmmk, thanks.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

body88

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 09:21:48 AM »
So basically the Red Sox have lost every game Dice K has pitched in right?  mmmmk, thanks.

Well if you dont count the 10 strike out win in his debut, yes. The conversation was about how Dice K has a 2.70 era 24k's and only 5 walks as a rookie so far.The conversation was also about how he struck out 10 hitters against the best lineup in the AL last night. Dice k's two loses where not because of his pitching, they where because of guys like Felix Hernandez having a 0.00 era and throwing a no hitter through 8 innings when he pitched against the sox. Kind of hard to get a lot of hits against one of the top three pitchers in baseball ,when he is painting the corners with 101 mph fastballs. The sox just swept the angels 25 - 3 in a three game series. They are one game back for the lead in the al east. Not like they cant hit. Not really worried about a 2 -1  loss on a great pitching performance from Chancin.The guy has had the sox number for years. If Dice k continues pitching the way he has, wins are not going to be a problem.

Btw relax with the flame bait posts. Not sure I have seen one post from you on this board that was not worded to try and get a rise. You are welcome to voice your opinion and debate anything you like.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 01:45:29 PM »
Looks to be a great team. Losing BJ for the 4-6 weeks is tough. I think you guys lost Romaro for the season correct? I know Brandon League and Thomson are on the 15 day dl. If the bullpen can step up and weather the storm until the pitching is 100 percent healthy, you guys will be def force for the division during the stretch. It really hinges on Frasor stepping up and being able to close on a consistant basis , which he is capable of doing.

ya we've for sure got some injury problems right now. BJ being the biggest. then reed johnson is out for a couple months it looks like..plus glaus is on the 15 day too. romero in not too sure about. i know hes been transfered to the 60 day but thats as much as i know.

so far the bullpen has been great for us. but this will be the real test. frasor looks great( this and last year) but hes young and never really done the closer thing before so we'll see how he grasps it. i think he'll be good enough to keep us init until BJ gets back.

this year is looking to be a good race for the division between the red sox, jays and yankees. we're definately gonna have lots of games against each other to talk about  :D

body88

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 02:06:33 PM »
ya we've for sure got some injury problems right now. BJ being the biggest. then reed johnson is out for a couple months it looks like..plus glaus is on the 15 day too. romero in not too sure about. i know hes been transfered to the 60 day but thats as much as i know.

so far the bullpen has been great for us. but this will be the real test. frasor looks great( this and last year) but hes young and never really done the closer thing before so we'll see how he grasps it. i think he'll be good enough to keep us init until BJ gets back.

this year is looking to be a good race for the division between the red sox, jays and yankees. we're definately gonna have lots of games against each other to talk about  :D

At 100 percent the jays are a real force. There is no denying that.