Author Topic: THe JoKe ends-----hahaha  (Read 1930 times)

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
THe JoKe ends-----hahaha
« on: April 17, 2007, 08:33:24 PM »
so the mark has finally realized the con-------------

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=142434.0

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: THe JoKe ends-----hahaha
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 08:40:24 PM »
unsurprisingly, tweeter realized adonis has no fucking clue what he's talking about and is opting for the methods that have worked over and over again.

good for the tweet. he'll be a lot happier in the long run. eating 1800 calories worth of calorie dense shit food amounts to things like a half cup of ice cream. i'd much rather eat a huge bowl of oatmeal and a bunch of white-meat chicken. it might not taste as good but i'm a hell of a lot less hungry and i don't get the inevitable blood sugar crashes that would happen following adonis's bullshit.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:44:09 PM »
unsurprisingly, tweeter realized adonis has no fucking clue what he's talking about and is opting for the methods that have worked over and over again.

good for the tweet. he'll be a lot happier in the long run. eating 1800 calories worth of calorie dense shit food amounts to things like a half cup of ice cream. i'd much rather eat a huge bowl of oatmeal and a bunch of white-meat chicken. it might not taste as good but i'm a hell of a lot less hungry and i don't get the inevitable blood sugar crashes that would happen following adonis's bullshit.
hahaha-----------------hey Magoo I think when Tweeter referred to Adonis "doing research" I think he was referring to Adonis stalking random anonymous dudes personal info online------------------not gay at all ::)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 08:48:48 PM »
hahaha-----------------hey Magoo I think when Tweeter referred to Adonis "doing research" I think he was referring to Adonis stalking random anonymous dudes personal info online------------------not gay at all ::)

you know you have a point.

adonis has no credentials, no degree, and his ideas sound like he just pulled them out of his ass. he poses as a "nutritionist" and gets guys to send him half naked photos of themselves so he can "help" them. except his "help" is basically picking an arbitrary number and then saying "eat whatever ya want!" then periodically getting them to give him new photos.

yeah, that doesn't sound like a closeted homo conning guys into sending him jerkoff material. nope. doesn't sound like that at all. :-X

on a side note,  strange that adonis has an extremely customized formula, yet his calorie totals are even hundreds. you'd think he'd end up saying someone needs 1927 calories per day or something.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 08:51:54 PM »
you know you have a point.

adonis has no credentials, no degree, and his ideas sound like he just pulled them out of his ass. he poses as a "nutritionist" and gets guys to send him half naked photos of themselves so he can "help" them. except his "help" is basically picking an arbitrary number and then saying "eat whatever ya want!" then periodically getting them to give him new photos.

yeah, that doesn't sound like a closeted homo conning guys into sending him jerkoff material. nope. doesn't sound like that at all. :-X

on a side note,  strange that adonis has an extremely customized formula, yet his calorie totals are even hundreds. you'd think he'd end up saying someone needs 1927 calories per day or something.
very perceptive Magoo--------------------ya know the first trick the IRS finds out people who commit fraud-----------big round numbers----------you would think people would be smarter-but no its the biggest indication of fraud that is substantiated and proven true

you my friend are on to something

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 09:01:41 PM »
i'm a scientifically minded person and get bogged down in details easily. so things like that i notice immediately.

if adonis actually had a formula that could calculate to the calorie what one needed, then it would calculate it to the calorie. the body has so many variables it's impossible to always end in -00. theoretically speaking only 1% of his subjects should get even hundred calorie totals.

furthermore, he claims that he can tell what calories will do to the body minute by minute. if this were true, then the amount of calories taken in per meal would also have to be clearly delineated and it would actually mean there's no need for a daily amount. rather, he'd be giving the time of day to eat meals and how many calories should be in each meal.

he might say that it's hard to take in such specific numbers of calories. hard to break from even 10s to be sure, but i have a 190 calorie slim fast here beside me, a bag of chips with 210 calories in them and a bag with 130 calories. that's 530 calories, it's easy to calculate them to the 10.

unless you take his other advice and start eating things like a big piece of fish with any kind of sauce on it and a glass of wine. that's severe ballparking on caloric amounts, unless we take a scale, tea/tablespoons, and a measuring cup to restaurants. so now we're not even close to exact amounts, we're just guessing in the vicinity.

and if we're ballparking caloric amounts to get somewhere near an improbably-calculated even to the hundreds calorie total, doesn't it start to seem like adonis is just blowing smoke to sound like an expert so he can trick guys into sending him pictures of them in their underwear?

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 09:10:27 PM »
i'm a scientifically minded person and get bogged down in details easily. so things like that i notice immediately.

if adonis actually had a formula that could calculate to the calorie what one needed, then it would calculate it to the calorie. the body has so many variables it's impossible to always end in -00. theoretically speaking only 1% of his subjects should get even hundred calorie totals.

furthermore, he claims that he can tell what calories will do to the body minute by minute. if this were true, then the amount of calories taken in per meal would also have to be clearly delineated and it would actually mean there's no need for a daily amount. rather, he'd be giving the time of day to eat meals and how many calories should be in each meal.

he might say that it's hard to take in such specific numbers of calories. hard to break from even 10s to be sure, but i have a 190 calorie slim fast here beside me, a bag of chips with 210 calories in them and a bag with 130 calories. that's 530 calories, it's easy to calculate them to the 10.

unless you take his other advice and start eating things like a big piece of fish with any kind of sauce on it and a glass of wine. that's severe ballparking on caloric amounts, unless we take a scale, tea/tablespoons, and a measuring cup to restaurants. so now we're not even close to exact amounts, we're just guessing in the vicinity.

and if we're ballparking caloric amounts to get somewhere near an improbably-calculated even to the hundreds calorie total, doesn't it start to seem like adonis is just blowing smoke to sound like an expert so he can trick guys into sending him pictures of them in their underwear?
this single argument alone completely destroys Adonis's so called principles and formula-----------not to mention the countless other inconsistencies in his arguments

Adonis=completely and utterly owned-------------------and not even worth mentioning again

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 09:20:22 PM »
this single argument alone completely destroys Adonis's so called principles and formula-----------not to mention the countless other inconsistencies in his arguments

Adonis=completely and utterly owned-------------------and not even worth mentioning again

anyone who follows his BS would be greatly aided by actually paying attention to what he has to say.

tweeter claimed he was in constant contact with adonis helping out for the diet. what in the world was he getting help with? all that i can tell is adonis told him to eat 1800 calories a day. since sources and ratios (or meal timing/frequency) don't matter, there would be nothing left to ask. there's no cardio involved, no foods are off limits and as long as he was in the area of 1800 a day, from what he's told me AVERAGING 1800/day is all you need to worry about, and weight training doesn't change.

from what we've seen, it's an entirely hands-off procedure. you get your calorie total, and that's the end of it.

there's only one possibility: the daily calorie total changes as the dieter loses weight. at 250 pounds, he needs more calories than at 220 pounds. so how does adonis calculate the new numbers? why, with new pictures. once again, the only thing that happens is tweeter sends adonis half-naked pictures of himself and after "using the formula," adonis spits out an arbitrary number of calories.

and 1800 per day for tweeter? no one needs that few per day. good lord.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 10:17:21 PM »
Well, 1800 wasn't the number that Adonis calculated with the formula. This is just a standard amount that he gives almost everyone to start with so that he can determine a constant to be used in his formula. The problem was I never found out what that constant was and the timeline for calculating the formula kept getting further and further drawn out. Also, I began to realize that the argument that all food is basically equal in terms of building muscle is a little weak.

hate to break it to you, but there's no way he can determine a constant based on that. it's like having someone rep-out with 225 and only using that to determine their 1RM. just don't work.

you got hosed man, but on the bright side you figured it out.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 04:05:40 AM »
so the mark has finally realized the con-------------

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=142434.0

You know about 5 'professional' aliases are gonna pop up to heckle, don't you? :)

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 04:20:08 AM »
You know about 5 'professional' aliases are gonna pop up to heckle, don't you? :)

And he will also discover that numerous workmates who have never heard of Getbig have been PMing Nordic Beasts information to these "Gimmicks" because he forgot to offer them a cream cake at Christmas  ::)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 07:07:41 AM »
Whether you agree with him or not, I think that what TA has done to Tweeter and the case study is pretty uncool in general.

Tweeter is a good guy, and he put himself out there and committed to the case study, and TA appears to have totally bailed on him.  I would be disappointed if I were Tweeter, but at least he's learned some stuff along the way, and he did lose a good amount of weight.

:)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 07:11:43 AM »
Whether you agree with him or not, I think that what TA has done to Tweeter and the case study is pretty uncool in general.

Tweeter is a good guy, and he put himself out there and committed to the case study, and TA appears to have totally bailed on him.  I would be disappointed if I were Tweeter, but at least he's learned some stuff along the way, and he did lose a good amount of weight.

Ripster,

Feeling bad for someone gullible enough to blieve "a calorie is a calorie" just isn't within my capacity. :)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 07:19:52 AM »
Ripster,

Feeling bad for someone gullible enough to blieve "a calorie is a calorie" just isn't within my capacity. :)

The only thing I feel bad about for Tweeter is that it seems that TA kind of fucked him over.

Other than that, though, I am glad for him because I think that he learned alot, and I dont think that he necessarily believes that, at least not anymore.   :)
:)