Author Topic: Final thoughts regarding The Adonis Principles...  (Read 10836 times)

tweeter

• Getbig IV
Final thoughts regarding The Adonis Principles...
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:08:04 PM »
Decent idea but not for me.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Final thoughts regarding The Adonis Principles...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 06:08:53 PM »
WOW and this is the condensed version you say?
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 06:14:22 PM »
If you would like more information regarding my involvement with the principles, send me a PM.

You could start by translating the above paragraph that no one is going to read into before and after pictures of Jezebelle.
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 06:20:16 PM »
1. I am no longer participating in the case studies.
2. I am now dieting using a somewhat modified version of The Adonis Principles. I still primarily eat what I like but try to get in more protein, eat between 2,000 and 2,500 calories, and do some cardio.
3. I never received the formula from TA and do not feel that it is really necessary anyway; I can use the mirror and scale just fine.
4. To my knowledge, all the other case studies have ended so I don't really see a need to drag this on and post everything I eat everyday; no on cares.
5. I appreciate TA and all his help; I believe he has many valid points and is an asset to this board.

Good for you man. I doubt there was any formula to it. TA is misleading in the way that he wants you to need him. You are better off going on your own and making mistakes on your own. (that is when you learn)
just push some weight!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 06:25:51 PM »
 :D

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 06:28:40 PM »
The principles are average at best. They will never bring perfection, especially for naturals and competitors.
-

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 06:36:45 PM »
K

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 07:31:21 PM »
Can one cut on lard and ketchup? What about cookies and mountain dew?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 08:05:14 PM »
TA never sent you a formula because he himself doesn't have one. He's full of shit.
He is busy doing research, that's why he doesn't stay in touch with you via PM's or otherwise? Yeah, you believe that I have a bridge to sell you!!! If you are his research "guinea pig," then you should be in constant contact with him. PM's, phone, texting, whatever. This is of benefit to him as well as you. He should make sure you are staying on your diet and not cheating as to give his "principles" more credit. You should be getting the info from him, this so-called formula and whatever information that you being his subject SHOULD be privy to.
He took you hook line and sinker. But, at least you lost weight and got benefit from the project in some way.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 08:05:26 PM »
Can one cut on lard and ketchup? What about cookies and mountain dew?

cookies and diet mountain dew..probably

i am not sure of the nutrional value of lard and ketchup
Here comes the money shot

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 08:13:54 PM »
1. These are not "case studies"
2. He's not doing "research"
3. They're not principles any more than Weider's are principles
4. If it really worked, you'd still be using it (assuming you're not just another TA account anyways)

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
Hey guys, I just wanted to give everyone an update regarding my case study using The Adonis Principles and to let you know that I have decided to terminate my involvement. That being said, I have had great results following TA's guidelines and appreciate his willingness to help me and others. When TA first began all of these case studies in January, there seemed to be a great deal of uncertainty regarding the principles and what they were really all about. Now, it seems that the topic has been beaten to death and no one really cares anymore. Therefore, I do not think there is any reason for me to continue posting every item that I eat everday and what all my workouts are; no one really cares. Also, I have had a difficult time communicating with TA through pm's and never recieved the formula. Originally, I was suppose to eat 1,800 calories for 1 month in order to get the constant...that turned into 15 pounds of weight loss which turned into 2 months which turned into 20 pounds of weight loss. I do believe that TA has this formula but I really don't have the time to wait around on him, and feel that 1,800 calories is a little low to remain on for that peroid of time. I do understand that TA is very busy doing research and likely does not have much time available to constantly be reading pm's, so there are no hard feelings. To my knowledge, all of the other case studies have ended also, so I can see why it might not be on the front of his mind. I am currently still dieting but I have increased my calories to the 2,000 - 2,500 range, began to eat more protein and non-processed foods, and incorporated cardio into my workouts. That being said, I feel that TA has many great ideas and that he has had a very positive influence on this board and many members on the various boards that he posts on. He has changed the way I view dieting, and I will never diet or approach nutrition the same as I did before coming across TA's ideas. He has taught us to question traditional bodybuilding practices and look at the science behind them instead of merely accepting them at face value; this approach is always a beneficial one to take in all avenues of life. While I do feel that most of his ideas regarding nutrition are correct, I believe he does tend to take it a little too far in some situations (ex: I don't think he should necessarily say that trans-fats being unhealthy is a myth; I realize that there is opposing evidence, but the majority of medical professionals would agree that it is harmful). I am glad that I followed the principles as it has motivated me to lose weight and shown me a new approach to dieting. I, however, do not feel that I really need the formula all that much as I can gauge my progress by the scale and mirror and really do not have much of a practical need to know how to achieve an exact bodyfat percentage by a certain date. In conclusion, I would encourage others to give TA's ideas a chance and realize that you don't necessarily have to agree with everything he says or even like the guy; just realize that he does have many valid points and that there are things you can apply to your own approach to bodybuilding. I, along with many others I'm sure, are very appreciate of TA's presence on the board and his somewhat unique approach to bodybuilding. That is all.

Did anyone else catch that one? HAHAHAH  ;D

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 08:22:04 PM »
Tweeter, 1800 calories is good for dieting.  No one ever said you have to eat that much year round.  Only if you want to lose fat quickly.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 08:23:09 PM »
Tweeter, 1800 calories is good for dieting.  No one ever said you have to eat that much year round.  Only if you want to lose fat quickly.

Do you believe Adonis has a formula, Bast? 

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 08:29:48 PM »
aka-----------------------TA used u in some coventional "gypsy" con-------------------give u a little info-----so get a little results-all the while promising u more and more--------------------------yet when you finally needed something beyond what normal or for that matter any idiot reading the back of the nutritional guidelines on a back of soup could gleam he runs and is nowhere to be found--------------or as you say "doing research"

you got played and used and exploited in his little internet manipulation "Joke"----------

lesson-----------------------u could have learned more and had better results had u read the nutritional section of some recycled Flex magazine

or u could have listened to the real people on here who would have given u sound and real advice and you would be 90% farther  in your BBIng progress

Adonis is laughing at you right now :'(-------------------and so are a lot of other people ;D

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 08:29:52 PM »
Do you believe Adonis has a formula, Bast? 

Yea, but the issue is if it's accurate not if he has one.   I don't know it entirely.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 08:30:48 PM »
yeah and if u want to lose muscle quickly too--- :-\

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 08:35:33 PM »
Too bad apenis didn't help you t'il the end, now how can someone take this guy seriously, he's yapping around about his principle and doesn't back it up!!!

hell, you could get better advices from old timer here! .............. and better results!

are you delusional?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 08:37:04 PM »
To my knowledge, all of the other case studies have ended also, so I can see why it might not be on the front of his mind.

pahahahaha!

dear adonis,

way to go dumbass, everyone's abandoning your shitty methods and no one looked much better.

sincerely,
everyone

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 08:39:57 PM »
pahahahaha!

dear adonis,

way to go dumbass, everyone's abandoning your shitty methods and no one looked much better.

sincerely,
everyone
like ur signature says Magoo--------------------"thanks for playing"

Bye bye Adonis---------------ur 15mins is up-----------------now go and get a degree in Exercise Science and Nutrition and then maybe you can hand out some advice ;D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 08:41:13 PM »
Oatmeal raisin cookies and sprite = great bbing food according to adonis.

Hey adonis experts.. Can I cut on cardboard and vodka?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 08:41:42 PM »
pahahahaha!

dear adonis,

sincerely,
everyone

Come back and talk when you're not 80lbs overweight.   Then you'll have some credibility on diet.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 08:43:08 PM »
please people, please, wait until you hear from The True Adonis before you make any decision on the efficacy of his program.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 08:44:26 PM »
You guys just can't stand people who don't think like you do (like sheep) can you?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »
please people, please, wait until you hear from The True Adonis before you make any decision on the efficacy of his program.

Will he advise me on my vodka and cardboard diet? A calorie is a calorie, right?