Author Topic: Final thoughts regarding The Adonis Principles...  (Read 10851 times)

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Final thoughts regarding The Adonis Principles...
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2007, 12:31:06 PM »
1. I am no longer participating in the case studies.
2. I am now dieting using a somewhat modified version of The Adonis Principles. I still primarily eat what I like but try to get in more protein, eat between 2,000 and 2,500 calories, and do some cardio. I have also eliminated alot of the junk food and processed stuff.
3. I never received the formula from TA and do not feel that it is really necessary anyway; I can use the mirror and scale just fine.
4. To my knowledge, all the other case studies have ended so I don't really see a need to drag this on and post everything I eat everyday; no on cares.
5. I appreciate TA and all his help; I believe that while he goes a little overboard at times, he has many valid points and is an asset to this board.

#6. Adonis is an ugly fucking arsehole and is full of shit

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2007, 01:48:30 PM »
All gimmicks and fads essentially prey on the same thing.  They prey on the lack of knowledge on a given subject by the majority of people. 
Very few people have a firm understanding of nutrition, and even fewer have a very firm grasp on the finer aspects of the physiology of nutrition, especially in regards to "bodybuilding" nutrition. 

That is all Adam did. 
He took a minor understanding of a few nutritional concepts, thought he had a greater understanding, and ran with it. 

People who don't have the background knowledge to understand where his ideas fall apart had no ability to decipher the difference between his false claims, and other's "true" claims. 

Most people with a firm grasp of nutrition stay out of things like this, as they're doing better things with their time. 
Some people with a decent grasp on nutrition did try to inform people how Adam was wrong.  But, as I said before, if you don't understand the background physiology, there is essentially no ability to understand who is being truthful, and who isn't. 

It's too bad that many people were scammed, and more will continue to be scammed. 
But, that is how gimmicks and fads work.

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2007, 03:12:52 AM »
Adonis Priciples = All BS.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2007, 08:50:37 AM »
I haven't really been on the boards all that much lately; anyone know why Adonis has quit posting?

He probably died from his unhealthy diet.  ;D

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2007, 08:52:42 AM »
If you would like more information regarding my involvement with the principles, send me a PM.

The fact you took part in the principles........speaks volumes.  ::) ::) ::)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
I haven't really been on the boards all that much lately; anyone know why Adonis has quit posting?

one would think you had an inside line to him. Didn't he give you a number or email?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2007, 10:19:25 AM »
All gimmicks and fads essentially prey on the same thing.  They prey on the lack of knowledge on a given subject by the majority of people. 
Very few people have a firm understanding of nutrition, and even fewer have a very firm grasp on the finer aspects of the physiology of nutrition, especially in regards to "bodybuilding" nutrition. 

That is all Adam did. 
He took a minor understanding of a few nutritional concepts, thought he had a greater understanding, and ran with it. 

People who don't have the background knowledge to understand where his ideas fall apart had no ability to decipher the difference between his false claims, and other's "true" claims. 

Most people with a firm grasp of nutrition stay out of things like this, as they're doing better things with their time. 
Some people with a decent grasp on nutrition did try to inform people how Adam was wrong.  But, as I said before, if you don't understand the background physiology, there is essentially no ability to understand who is being truthful, and who isn't. 

It's too bad that many people were scammed, and more will continue to be scammed. 
But, that is how gimmicks and fads work.

you forgot to mention the amount of time spent on google.

also his superior copy/paste skill...that has to count for something
Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2007, 10:21:28 AM »
I wanted to try it but when he told med to stay under 1800 kcal a day for a month I realised that there was nothing special about it and didn't bother. If you eat less than you burn you will lose weight, no shit.  ???

lol.....his research produced a scientific method for losing weight: eat less, brilliant
Here comes the money shot

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2007, 10:58:23 AM »

It's definitely not because he got a job.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2007, 11:09:56 AM »

Cause he was called out so many times to prove something and he never could.  Hopefully he "offed" himself.  Anyone read anything

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »
On the vitamin pill vs. vitamins from food issue, there isn't a lot proven on this for either side (much less than what most people think).  Vitamins often do great in test tubes but how well they do in human bodies is something else entirely.  There really isn't much evidence out there supporting vitamin supplementation for adults.  Part of the problem is that it is really difficult from a methodological standpoint to tease out whatever effect (good or bad) that vitamins give.  You can't just put adults in a cage and randomly assign one group multivitamins and another a placebo while keeping everything else constant (caged up for years).  The last major research article I heard about with multivitamins that had a large sample and was over several years in length and looked pretty sound methodologically was with women and had found that taking multivitamins had a significantly postive INCREASE in risk for some disease or another.  Personally, I think multivitamins may have been one of the biggest scams ever perpetrated and the scammers don't even know it.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2007, 12:25:30 PM »

you forgot to mention the amount of time spent on google.

also his superior copy/paste skill...that has to count for something

Further he says protein is not important and that a calorie is a calorie.. By his logic you could cut or gain with lard..

I dunno why he has so many nuthuggers on here as he already took an idea that had been in the books from the dawn of man. hahaha 

When he first started posting here, he couldn't type a sentence without making it seem like giant run on.. These days he's trying to come off as someone with superior credentials, when he's nothing more than a copy/paste punkass with short arms and a big ego.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2007, 12:37:36 PM »
There isn't much evidence out there supporting vitamin supplementation for adults. The last major research article I heard found that taking multivitamins had a significantly postive INCREASE in risk for some disease or another.  Personally, I think multivitamins may have been one of the biggest scams ever perpetrated and the scammers don't even know it.

If your expecting to get your nutritional needs met with supermarket food.......good luck. Dangerous to women?........total garbage.
Our bodies depend on both vitamins and minerals to SURVIVE.
Completely omit them and you die.
The word vitamin comes from 2 words........Vital Amines.
I assume the word "vital" sounds "kinda" important huh??   ::)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2007, 01:15:56 PM »
For Bast and others:

the reason it didn't work for me was that, even if you say it is, it wasn't practical.

If say I was to eat 1800 calories a day "eating anything I wanted", it would amount to one value meal at mcdonalds plus 200 calories.  So it'd be one meal a day plus a quarter of a chicken breast.  1800 calories a day would be a lot better spent on say 6 chicken breasts (don't quote me on these, i'm just using them as an example) and 5 slices of bread or whatever it came down to.

On the adonis diet, i'd get maybe 40 grams of protein a day.  With chicken breasts, i get over 200 without the trans fats.  Hmm, seems like an obvious choice. 

Now if we're to ignore the last  50 years of " bodybuilding science", which he seems to be doing, i wouldn't need more than 40 grams of protein a day.  But that's kinda silly.

When I asked him about insulin release that comes with his eat anything diet, he never responded.  I thought it was a pretty important point to clarify.

After speaking with a couple "bros in the know" about bodybuilding diets, here's what they had to say:
a. Adonis claimed he could get down to 4 percent bodyfat over 6 months ago.  He never did.  Here's why (answer from the other bro)
b. his body got used to however he's feeding it now.  since he dieted with a calorie deficit to begin with, his body's bouncing back now (starvation mode).  He's probably losing muscle and gaining fat as we speak.  He'll never get to 4 percent unless he starts a "bodybuilding diet".

And finally, Bast, you're carrying more muscle and less bodyfat on your horribly disfigured frame than Adonis.  Why would you listen to someone who looks worse than you?
Deep Tissue Massage

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2007, 01:29:18 PM »
It really isn't that difficult getting nutritional "needs" from solely food, and it's really easy if you include a daily protein shake or most mrp bars.  You don't even necessarily have to eat clean (for example a bic mac will probably provide more vitamins and minerals than most salads available).  I really don't get how people have problems getting a good amount of vitamins and minerals from food alone as long as you don't eat the same meals over and over.  But the benefits of the multivitamin just have not been proven; they sound great in theory but that's only the first half of the story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/healthmain.html?in_article_id=398853&in_page_id=1774&in_a_source

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/health/2003592944_vitamins280.html

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/16655168/