Author Topic: Final thoughts regarding The Adonis Principles...  (Read 10866 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: Final thoughts regarding The Adonis Principles...
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2007, 09:26:01 PM »
I actually liked a high fat/ protien low carb diet because the water just drops off of you. I also didn't have any trouble with lifts or anything like that and you stay dry. The fats are also good at keeping your stomach full. I also think it is the quickest way to lose weight as i have seen it in action in people other then myself.

Well, the loss of water makes you appear leaner definitely.  That doesn't mean you actually lost more fat with the low carb diet though.

You could diet with high carbs, lose the fat, then lower carbs for 2 weeks and be ripped and dry.

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2007, 09:26:42 PM »
wow...i just got respect for you, you told the truth

so whats the best method?  just eat less..lol
In the end that is all that matters.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2007, 09:27:12 PM »
no dipshit, that's not the point of contention. the argument is that everything we know about "bodybuilding" diets, from meal frequency to calorie ratios to nutrient sources, is all wrong. it's an argument between if you think eating two meals of pancakes with syrup and sausages to get 2300 calories per day or four meals of vegetables/chicken/oats/fish to get 2300 calories per day will yield the same effect on the body or not.

adonis says yes, every speck of evidence and every accredited nutritionist says no.

So do you think those Wendy's hamburgers you love and ate will permanently and negatively effect your body composition?

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2007, 09:28:23 PM »
Well, the loss of water makes you appear leaner definitely.  That doesn't mean you actually lost more fat with the low carb diet though.

You could diet with high carbs, lose the fat, then lower carbs for 2 weeks and be ripped and dry.
Exactly... thats why i said weight hahaha. You will drop weight quicker on a keto type diet but it isnt neccesarily fat you are dropping. I like looking dry. I also do not believe in looking "flat". This simply doesn't exist. The good thing about that whole cut is i figured out how i am going to cut for my first show. I think this along with a combination of 3 gallons of water daily and i will come in very dry.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2007, 09:30:03 PM »
Exactly... thats why i said weight hahaha. You will drop weight quicker on a keto type diet but it isnt neccesarily fat you are dropping. I like looking dry. I also do not believe in looking "flat". This simply doesn't exist. The good thing about that whole cut is i figured out how i am going to cut for my first show. I think this along with a combination of 3 gallons of water daily and i will come in very dry.

Yes, if you simply want to drop weight fast low carbs are they way to go.  That's the main reason people think low carbs are necessary for fat loss.  They are fooled by the water loss.

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2007, 09:30:56 PM »
no dipshit, that's not the point of contention. the argument is that everything we know about "bodybuilding" diets, from meal frequency to calorie ratios to nutrient sources, is all wrong. it's an argument between if you think eating two meals of pancakes with syrup and sausages to get 2300 calories per day or four meals of vegetables/chicken/oats/fish to get 2300 calories per day will yield the same effect on the body or not.

adonis says yes, every speck of evidence and every accredited nutritionist says no.
You do realize that there is very little vitamins in vegies right? You are better off taking pills.... Infact im sure they make pancake mix that have more vit's and minerals in it the 4 meals with vegies.

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2007, 09:32:18 PM »
Yes, if you simply want to drop weight fast low carbs are they way to go.  That's the main reason people think low carbs are necessary for fat loss.  They are fooled by the water loss.
Indeed. I know a guy who looks like shit his whole contest prep and the last 2 or 3 weeks he really picks up his cardio and drops his carbs to nothing and he manages to come in shape and look great everytime.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2007, 09:33:14 PM »
So do you think those Wendy's hamburgers you love and ate will permanently and negatively effect your body composition?

permanently? no. negatively? just a bit, yes. however, i was aware of it at the time, and i discovered i respond better to a "dirty bulk" because getting 5000+ calories per day from clean sources is a) expensive, and b) difficult to stomach that much food since it's not very calorie-dense.

on the flip side, trying to diet with calorie dense fast food would be absolute hell. the tiny amounts necessary would always leave you starving, and your blood sugar levels would be all over the place. i may not enjoy the foods i eat, but eating cleanly leaves me more energetic and keeps my mood elevated.

You do realize that there is very little vitamins in vegies right? You are better off taking pills.... Infact im sure they make pancake mix that have more vit's and minerals in it the 4 meals with vegies.

i do both, actually. but the vegetables leave me more satisfied than taking in the same number of calories from another source, even if it doesn't taste particularly good.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2007, 09:55:30 PM »
vodka is fine to diet on along with food with nutrients.  cardboard doesn't have calories.

Actually.....you may be wrong....I think the "Mythbusters" guys proved that wrong.....

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2007, 09:57:54 PM »
Did you lose muscle?

If you recall.....Adam says this is not possible!

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2007, 10:45:13 PM »

eh.....that's becuase you don't need a very great amount of vitamins. The key is to eat a variety of nutritent rich foods.

The problem with "pills" and fortified foods is that you can get TOO MUCH vitamins which is actually a bad thing.

You will lose weight with the adonis principles, but in the long run, it is very unhealthy.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2007, 11:36:24 PM »
One other thing, I like to train with high volume which is very difficult with 1,800 calories a day. I feel that if I eat a little healthier and consume more calories, combined with cardio I can still lose weight and have more energy.

I'm happy you made this decision.

That's all really. No gloating or shit like that. Just good to see you were able to see everything for what it is.

I'm sure you'll get good results, you seem to know a fair amount already about nutrition, but there are always more to learn.

Keep at it.

Good luck.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2007, 11:48:39 PM »

Not trying to put you down...

But actually, one of the reasons vegetables are recommended, are because of the moderate vitamin levels. If you eat a vitamin pill, it's easy to enrich vitamins in the body, some of the non-solulable vitamins, like Vit A, have a very bad effect on the health if in high levels for long periods of time.

Also, veggies contains 200-300 different kinds of traces.

That's why you should eat veggies and a mixed diet instead of a multi.

I stopped eating multi's two or three years ago, and started to pay more attention to a mixed diet. I would recommend it to anyone.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2007, 05:13:23 AM »
I'm happy you made this decision.

That's all really. No gloating or shit like that. Just good to see you were able to see everything for what it is.

I'm sure you'll get good results, you seem to know a fair amount already about nutrition, but there are always more to learn.

Keep at it.

Good luck.

-Hedge

I totally agree.  I've been following your progress Tweeter, and no matter what, you definitely dedicated yourself to it and you did well.  The most important thing about all of the people who have tried TA's approach is that they have learned something.

Who knows what the hell TA is doing, but best of luck to you Tweeter.

:)
:)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2007, 05:27:57 AM »
there is nothing wrong with restricting your diet for a given period of time to lose weight

whether or not it is the most effecient method for bodybuilding is debatable. But for losing weight it is the recommended way to go.

For the life of me I don't understand why this is called the adonis principle?

doesn't every weight lost program advise this?
Here comes the money shot

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2007, 05:28:38 AM »
You guys just can't stand people who don't think like you do (like sheep) can you?

oh, the irony of that post.
nasser=piece of shit

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2007, 06:14:33 AM »
1. I am no longer participating in the case studies.
2. I am now dieting using a somewhat modified version of The Adonis Principles. I still primarily eat what I like but try to get in more protein, eat between 2,000 and 2,500 calories, and do some cardio. I have also eliminated alot of the junk food and processed stuff.
3. I never received the formula from TA and do not feel that it is really necessary anyway; I can use the mirror and scale just fine. 4. To my knowledge, all the other case studies have ended so I don't really see a need to drag this on and post everything I eat everyday; no on cares.
5. I appreciate TA and all his help; I believe that while he goes a little overboard at times, he has many valid points and is an asset to this board.
Because there is NO FORMULA!
HOpe this helps.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2007, 08:59:48 AM »
I believe the formula is what is suppose to separate it from other diets. Supposedly, by using it one can determine how they will look down to the exact minute.

Man the assumption that you actually believed him is actually more questionable than anything else in this thread.  Nobody else on the whole board bought it like you claim to have.  I think you were looking to be made a victim in more ways than you may realize, so just drop it.  You're sure as hell not gonna get Adam to say he never had anything he really thought was novel with this thread, that much is certain...so just cut your losses and move on.  Yes, people will tell you anything provided you let them.  End of story.             

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2007, 09:05:17 AM »
Tweeter who are these multiple other "subjects" that Adonis has been working with, and why did we never hear about them, as we did you?  You act like you just take it as a given that he had all these other people working with him.  Who were they?  Got any names? 

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2007, 09:48:58 AM »
I haven't heard from Adam  since January...no formula. and I am doing more cardio now.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2007, 09:49:04 AM »
I believe the formula is what is suppose to separate it from other diets. Supposedly, by using it one can determine how they will look down to the exact minute.

how can there be an exact formula?
the human digestive system is more complex than that, the peristalsis process take different times in different people. You

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/basics/peristalsis.html

my girlfriend's sister eat alot more food than yet she is skinny as hell. I look at a slice of pizza and I gain two pounds

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2007, 09:53:03 AM »
the dieting/weight management business is a multi billion dollar business

there are tons of scams, fads and some valid things out there

NOT ONE PERSON HAS EVER CLAIMED TO HAVE A FORMULA such as Adonis..including people that have degrees in scientific area

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2007, 09:56:47 AM »
well since I'm doing cardio now, I guess my thread should close, because one of the "principles" is no cardio...and to be honest, I was getting zits like crazy from all the chocolate and other stuff.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2007, 10:02:52 AM »
well since I'm doing cardio now, I guess my thread should close, because one of the "principles" is no cardio...and to be honest, I was getting zits like crazy from all the chocolate and other stuff.

no offense to you migzi cause you seem like you're trying hard and I respect that but this is a BB board and if someone is gonna tout a principle that'll get you shredded and is so "easy" taking a guy who's 400lbs doesn't really apply.  Realistically any diet could work for you simply cause you have a bigger "plate" to work with.  Now if TA could take someone who is lean to begin with and bring them down to 3% like he claims then that would be something.  I understand that TA claims to be 3% but he's been dieting for over a year so he's more the exception to the rule IMO.  Not everyone is gonna diet for over a year like that.
nasser=piece of shit

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2007, 12:01:21 PM »

no answer from TA.................. Where is TA ???

my guess is....... gimmick  ........ not much news from him lately, maybe he's dead from giving bad advices... No, he's probably doing research........ yeah, right!

are you delusional?