Author Topic: Hate Crimes (hijacked by homosexuality)  (Read 1918 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Hate Crimes (hijacked by homosexuality)
« on: April 18, 2007, 01:07:51 PM »
Exodus president leads effort against 'hate crimes' legislation
Jim Brown
OneNewsNow.com
April 18, 2007

Conservative black leaders and former homosexuals are teaming up to fight a bill on Capitol Hill that would expand the definition of supposed hate crimes to include "thought crimes" against the homosexual agenda.

A coalition of black pastors and former homosexuals with the group Exodus International gathered in Washington, DC, on Tuesday for a news conference opposing hate crimes legislation in Congress. The event was canceled, however, out of respect to those mourning the killings at Virginia Tech.

The coalition has united against a bill (HR 1592) sponsored by Congressman John Conyers (D-Michigan) that would include crimes against homosexuals, bisexuals, and transgenders in federal hate crimes statutes. The measure carries the title "Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007." Last week, Senator Ted Kennedy (D-Massachusetts) introduced a companion bill in the Senate.

Exodus International (www.exodus.to)president Alan Chambers calls the Conyers and Kennedy bills "slippery slope legislation." He expresses his concern that what has occurred in countries like Denmark, Canada, and Australia, where pastors have been fined for speaking from the pulpit against homosexuality, could happen in America as well.

"We believe that under this type of legislation, we would begin to see our religious liberties and freedoms erode, unable to share our own testimonies at some point, because of people deeming what we say as hateful or hate speech," says Chambers.

The White House has not indicated whether it will veto a hate crimes measure.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Hate Crimes (hijacked by homosexuality)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 02:28:29 PM »
Former homosexuals????????????????????????????????
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 02:30:17 PM »

C'mon, ...can't you humour them just a little?  ;D
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 03:56:36 PM »
Jim Brown
OneNewsNow.com
April 18, 2007

Conservative black leaders and former homosexuals are teaming up to fight a bill on Capitol Hill that would expand the definition of supposed hate crimes to include "thought crimes" against the homosexual agenda.

A coalition of black pastors and former homosexuals with the group Exodus International gathered in Washington, DC, on Tuesday for a news conference opposing hate crimes legislation in Congress. The event was canceled, however, out of respect to those mourning the killings at Virginia Tech.

The coalition has united against a bill (HR 1592) sponsored by Congressman John Conyers (D-Michigan) that would include crimes against homosexuals, bisexuals, and transgenders in federal hate crimes statutes. The measure carries the title "Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007." Last week, Senator Ted Kennedy (D-Massachusetts) introduced a companion bill in the Senate.

Exodus International (www.exodus.to)president Alan Chambers calls the Conyers and Kennedy bills "slippery slope legislation." He expresses his concern that what has occurred in countries like Denmark, Canada, and Australia, where pastors have been fined for speaking from the pulpit against homosexuality, could happen in America as well.

"We believe that under this type of legislation, we would begin to see our religious liberties and freedoms erode, unable to share our own testimonies at some point, because of people deeming what we say as hateful or hate speech," says Chambers.

hmmm, interesting C-500.   If this passes people in this country will run too far with something they already go overboard with now.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 07:01:03 PM »

LMAO.... that's like saying, "I'm not gay. Tried it and didn't like it."

Once you drive a new car off the lot it's no longer a new car.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 10:49:25 AM »
Jim Brown
OneNewsNow.com
April 18, 2007

Yep.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 11:03:19 AM »

hmmm, interesting C-500.   If this passes people in this country will run too far with something they already go overboard with now.

Do you really think we will start targeting Pastors and other religious figures because of the rhetoric they spew from the pulpit? This sounds like a big fat non-story to me. The KKK still has the right to hold rallies and spew their hate with the current hate crime laws on the books. If the authorities aren't stopping White Power groups from saying what they want why would they stop established and respected religions from saying what they want? As long as it doesn't incite violence it matters not.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 02:05:04 PM »
Do you really think we will start targeting Pastors and other religious figures because of the rhetoric they spew from the pulpit? This sounds like a big fat non-story to me. The KKK still has the right to hold rallies and spew their hate with the current hate crime laws on the books. If the authorities aren't stopping White Power groups from saying what they want why would they stop established and respected religions from saying what they want? As long as it doesn't incite violence it matters not.
They Already Have!!!  California has been trying to pass legislations (they may have by now) that says when a pastor gives a sermon about how the Bible says homosexuality is wrong, the pastor can be brought up on charges for a so-called "hate crime".   So, it's a HUGE issue.  Might not be a big deal to you, but for those of us who believe in the Almighty God it is.  And to your point about the KKK, I would venture to say that one day in the near future (unless this pending trainwreck is stopped), will have more free speech rights than Christians. 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 02:30:18 PM »
They Already Have!!!  California has been trying to pass legislations (they may have by now) that says when a pastor gives a sermon about how the Bible says homosexuality is wrong, the pastor can be brought up on charges for a so-called "hate crime".   So, it's a HUGE issue.  Might not be a big deal to you, but for those of us who believe in the Almighty God it is.  And to your point about the KKK, I would venture to say that one day in the near future (unless this pending trainwreck is stopped), will have more free speech rights than Christians. 

Perhaps in California it's an issue, did the legislation pass but I don't think it is in other areas of the country. I respect your right to worship a God and the Bible and I respect your right to say homosexuality is a sin. I think the vast majority of Americans feel the exact same way. I think more is being made of this issue than needs to be.

I also don't agree with your assessment about the KKK having more free speech rights than Christians, it won't happen. Even though you Christians are always telling other people how to live their lives and trying to legislate your way of thinking into laws for the general public I still respect your right to think and speak about whatever you want. Just stop telling us how we're supposed to live.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 03:10:39 PM »
I also don't agree with your assessment about the KKK having more free speech rights than Christians, it won't happen. Even though you Christians are always telling other people how to live their lives and trying to legislate your way of thinking into laws for the general public I still respect your right to think and speak about whatever you want. Just stop telling us how we're supposed to live.
I feel like this is your perception, bro, not necessarily what is truth.  And I feel sad for you that this is the mindset that you have about Christians as a whole.  :-[ I certainly don't tell people how to live their lives.  Yes, you do find your self-righteous Christians out there.  Boy, do they exist!!!!  But for you to generalize all Christians based on the self-righteous, pharasitic people that you speak of is unfair. 

As far as the laws of this country, most of them are based on Judeo-Christian values.  Those values are what I believe to be steadily eroding.  How we define what life is nowadays, the hypocrisy of some state supreme courts ruling that displaying the 10 commandments being unconstitutional, efforts to remove crosses from military gravesites, efforts to have cities named with any similarity to what might be viewed as Christian-based (Los Cruces in New Mexico), attempting to stifle grass roots groups from reporting to those of faith, etc...the list goes on and on of how the theology of Christianity is under attack. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »
I feel like this is your perception, bro, not necessarily what is truth.  And I feel sad for you that this is the mindset that you have about Christians as a whole.  :-[ I certainly don't tell people how to live their lives.  Yes, you do find your self-righteous Christians out there.  Boy, do they exist!!!!  But for you to generalize all Christians based on the self-righteous, pharasitic people that you speak of is unfair. 

As far as the laws of this country, most of them are based on Judeo-Christian values.  Those values are what I believe to be steadily eroding.  How we define what life is nowadays, the hypocrisy of some state supreme courts ruling that displaying the 10 commandments being unconstitutional, efforts to remove crosses from military gravesites, efforts to have cities named with any similarity to what might be viewed as Christian-based (Los Cruces in New Mexico), attempting to stifle grass roots groups from reporting to those of faith, etc...the list goes on and on of how the theology of Christianity is under attack. 

Can we agree that an innocent little 4 yr old child who is out of the womb and breathing is alive? a life?
w

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 04:08:51 PM »
Can we agree that an innocent little 4 yr old child who is out of the womb and breathing is alive? a life?
Huh  ???  Uh, yeah, I guess so.   :-\

I'm speaking to the fact that we now argue the stage at which life begins.  In other words, there are those of us who believe that a so-called fetus is still a breathing, live human being even in the earliest of stages.  "Fetuses" (I like to call them babies  :) ) can feel pain at a mere 9-weeks in life.  At 9-weeks, babies are but a speck and a heartbeat in the womb.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 06:29:07 PM »
Perhaps in California it's an issue, did the legislation pass but I don't think it is in other areas of the country. I respect your right to worship a God and the Bible and I respect your right to say homosexuality is a sin. I think the vast majority of Americans feel the exact same way. I think more is being made of this issue than needs to be.

the problem cardio, like I said earleir is it only takes a very small percentage. In this country studies show that anywhere from 85-95% of americans believe in god, yet the other 5-15% are close to winning the battle on removing god from everything. I wish having people like you would ensure religious rights but the US is rapidly turning into a country that caters to the minority
gotta love life

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 06:43:53 PM »
Thing is you cannot legislate stupidity. You cannot pass laws againest being a raging moron. Some things just have to be accepted.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 07:39:47 PM »
the problem cardio, like I said earleir is it only takes a very small percentage. In this country studies show that anywhere from 85-95% of americans believe in god, yet the other 5-15% are close to winning the battle on removing god from everything. I wish having people like you would ensure religious rights but the US is rapidly turning into a country that caters to the minority

God is personal. I don't see what's wrong with not having ten commandments in a court house and not garbage like intelligence design taught in public schools. This is a secular country, so you and everyone else are entitled to religious views but you sure as hell aren't allowed to shove them down other people's throats. I pay taxes and I don't fucking want fairytales from the middle east carved into a granite slab anywhere near a courthouse that I payed for. I don't want something purely based upon belief being taught in schools.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 12:42:44 AM »
God is personal. I don't see what's wrong with not having ten commandments in a court house and not garbage like intelligence design taught in public schools. This is a secular country, so you and everyone else are entitled to religious views but you sure as hell aren't allowed to shove them down other people's throats. I pay taxes and I don't fucking want fairytales from the middle east carved into a granite slab anywhere near a courthouse that I payed for. I don't want something purely based upon belief being taught in schools.

I don't want my tax dollars payinf to only teach the unproven evolution theory. However I never once ask for it to be banned, go ahead and teach it, just teach the option of both.
gotta love life

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 08:33:19 AM »
I don't want my tax dollars payinf to only teach the unproven evolution theory. However I never once ask for it to be banned, go ahead and teach it, just teach the option of both.

That works for me. Expose people to ALL sides of an argument and let the make up their own minds.

Afterall, it's that what a free and open society is all about?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 12:19:33 PM »

"Unproven"? Go read a book or two man... It's not a theory anymore, it's absolute fact. Creation is just something made up by people.. Science is fact.

That works for me. Expose people to ALL sides of an argument and let the make up their own minds.

Afterall, it's that what a free and open society is all about?

Religion and god are personal things man.. When you teach people things that are based on fairy tales, then you might as well teach them about monsters and goblins.  :-\ School is about educating our children and preparing them for the emerging world economy. The US is already falling behind on math and science as it is, so do we really need to be teaching fairy tales or science and math?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 06:40:36 PM »
"Unproven"? Go read a book or two man... It's not a theory anymore, it's absolute fact. Creation is just something made up by people.. Science is fact.

Religion and god are personal things man.. When you teach people things that are based on fairy tales, then you might as well teach them about monsters and goblins.  :-\ School is about educating our children and preparing them for the emerging world economy. The US is already falling behind on math and science as it is, so do we really need to be teaching fairy tales or science and math?

It isn't a theory anymore? I challenge you to show me one item of proof that the we came from a single cell organism..it is all just theory my big friend...maybe you haven't heard of the missing link....why are you scared of hearing both sides? I listen to both...I am a creationevolutionist
gotta love life