Author Topic: Bonds is getting TOO CLOSE!  (Read 37332 times)

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
Re: Bonds is getting TOO CLOSE!
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 04:42:11 PM »
And was jacked into his 40's with little or no slow down in speed? I'd like to know if he was natural.

No one that isn't his close friend will probably never know, but I know many natural people in their 40's that run the ironman triathalon in hawwaii and I also know many people in their 40's that use more stuff then I ever did and don't look good, don't run fast, can't hit a baseball, etc.

I'm sure most pro athletes used stuff in the 80's...by then the olympic swimming teams, gymnastic (male and female) teams and most other sports were using it.

A ny mets pitcher in the late 80 used steroids. 

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 07:08:22 PM »

If Bonds was a fat drunk, people would be holding prayer vigils hoping he breaks the record. 

no they would still hate him cause hes an asshole  >:(

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2007, 06:21:31 PM »
no they would still hate him cause hes an asshole  >:(

Too bad his personality is clouding the skills he exhibits.  The guy was a 4 tool guy.  Before the grand jury testimony, Big Mac was given a pass.  He, along with Sammy, were the ushers of the GH/AAS controversy.  Barry is just a jackass to reporters, so no one likes him.  He made careers for Jeff Kent, Bobby Bonilla, Matt Williams or anyone who hit in front of him or behind him. 

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 06:42:04 AM »
People choose who they want to be their heroes. Rickey Henderson owns the stolen base record, but no one has really commented on Rickey's physique when broke the record. Bonds is just hated by a lot of people exclusively the media because he refused to speak to them for so many years.

Henderson and Bonds are two of the best all-around players to ever play baseball, whether or not they ever used anything doesn't matter to me, you don't gain athletic ability from them and those two had enough talent to make 6 good players. Another old head who still plays is Julio Franco, dudes in his late 40's now (50 next year). He isn't the best ever and doesn't put up crazy numbers but he has the talent and ability of those much younger them him (sometimes 20yrs younger) while maintaining a great physique which enables him to keep up. Players like these guys a few and far between but drugs or not they were meant to be great ball players.
I

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 07:56:09 AM »
true....but bonds is still a bitch who like mike tyson will fade into bolivian when he retires after this year.
DAWG

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 08:31:49 AM »

Henderson and Bonds are two of the best all-around players to ever play baseball, whether or not they ever used anything doesn't matter to me, you don't gain athletic ability from them and those two had enough talent to make 6 good players. Another old head who still plays is Julio Franco, dudes in his late 40's now (50 next year). He isn't the best ever and doesn't put up crazy numbers but he has the talent and ability of those much younger them him (sometimes 20yrs younger) while maintaining a great physique which enables him to keep up. Players like these guys a few and far between but drugs or not they were meant to be great ball players.
sure he was a great player, never would have broken aarons record without medical assistance.   thats the only point...
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 11:56:27 AM »
sure he was a great player, never would have broken aarons record without medical assistance.   thats the only point...

Well how do you feel about Ruth never having to hit against black pitchers???
I

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 12:21:51 PM »

Well how do you feel about Ruth never having to hit against black pitchers???

who cares..its irrelevant.

you could do the same with lots of stuff like that....
what if ruth and aaron had access to the drugs the guys do now??
what if the the pitchers and hitters had access to the kind of training knowledge they have today??
what if bonds had to hit against the great pitchers in the AL more?? 
what if asian players came into the league sooner??

you could do the "what if" all day and in the end none of it matters.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 12:46:47 PM »
who cares..its irrelevant.

you could do the same with lots of stuff like that....
what if ruth and aaron had access to the drugs the guys do now??
what if the the pitchers and hitters had access to the kind of training knowledge they have today??
what if bonds had to hit against the great pitchers in the AL more?? 
what if asian players came into the league sooner??

you could do the "what if" all day and in the end none of it matters.

That's my point, either way it goes Bonds is one of the greatest players ever.
I

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 01:00:53 PM »
Only 16 more to go. And a stolen base yesterday. Go Barry "U.S." Bonds!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 01:53:06 PM »

That's my point, either way it goes Bonds is one of the greatest players ever.

ya i agree. hes one of the best hitters ever for sure.

but hes still a complete asshole   >:(

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 02:24:44 PM »
Except that his home run numbers went up big time in the early-mid 90s onwards. He's not even close without vitamins. ;D

Great ball player yes, great home run hitter without assistance, no.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 03:39:09 PM »
ya i agree. hes one of the best hitters ever for sure.

but hes still a complete asshole   >:(

He also had 8 Gold Gloves and over 500 Steals ;)
I

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2007, 03:39:46 PM »
Except that his home run numbers went up big time in the early-mid 90s onwards. He's not even close without vitamins. ;D

Great ball player yes, great home run hitter without assistance, no.

You're a moron.  
He has only hit over 50 home runs in a year ONCE.  
That isn't some major output increase.  
He went from a low 30's a year guy, with some years in the 20's, to a low 40's a year guy, with years in the 30's.  

Everyone thinks he went from 10 homers a year, to 70 home runs every single year.  He had 1 year of huge numbers, and many, many other years of consistency.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2007, 03:45:46 PM »
You're a moron.  
He has only hit over 50 home runs in a year ONCE.  
That isn't some major output increase.  
He went from a low 30's a year guy, with some years in the 20's, to a low 40's a year guy, with years in the 30's.  

Everyone thinks he went from 10 homers a year, to 70 home runs every single year.  He had 1 year of huge numbers, and many, many other years of consistency.

Funny thing is after he hit 73 no one wanted to pitch to him, he broke his own record for walks multiple times throughout his career through the 90's and after 00'. He had one season I think like 03 or so where he had more home runs then strike outs 45-42 I believe along with also being the first since Ted Williams and Mickey Mantle to go over .500 with OBP% and setting the record at just over .600%. He wasn't just a power hitter at all, he was like a Tony Gwynn with more power and speed.
I

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2007, 04:17:13 PM »

Funny thing is after he hit 73 no one wanted to pitch to him, he broke his own record for walks multiple times throughout his career through the 90's and after 00'. He had one season I think like 03 or so where he had more home runs then strike outs 45-42 I believe along with also being the first since Ted Williams and Mickey Mantle to go over .500 with OBP% and setting the record at just over .600%. He wasn't just a power hitter at all, he was like a Tony Gwynn with more power and speed.

Exactly. 
Juice doesn't increase your ability to pass on bad pitches. 

I personally love Bonds' attitude.  The media treats him like shit, so he doesn't talk to them. 
Most people hate Bonds because they think they're supposed to.  They don't even know why in the hell they hate him.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2007, 04:24:37 PM »
Exactly. 

I personally love Bonds' attitude.  The media treats him like shit, so he doesn't talk to them. 
Most people hate Bonds because they think they're supposed to.  They don't even know why in the hell they hate him.

Yeah someone said something at the gym today about how he's an asshole and doesn't talk to the media of really anyone for that matter. I said what's wrong with the guy wanting to be left alone and have a personal life, not everyone in sports wants to be plastered all over t.v. in comericials or make tons of public appearances. I respect him and his privacy and until he does something rude to me I consider him one of my Top three fav Ball players of all time.
I

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2007, 04:46:17 PM »
Come on all Pitchers on every team, step up, be a man and begin throwing at this clowns head now and try to end his career  before he ruins baseball forever!  KILL BARRY BONDS!

Weren't you a Barry Bonds guy? You even resorted to playing the race card for Barry..

Changed your tune?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2007, 04:49:31 PM »
Exactly. 

We have a batting expert here bwahahahahaahahahah When was the last time you batted in the majors ahole? ;D

Of course you luv his atttitude, you relate to the fact he's a dink.

I already knew his production genius; neither you nor i know when he started his vitamins in relation to that change in output. ;)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2007, 04:52:53 PM »
Didn't the guy's shoe size grow by nearly 5?  :-\

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2007, 04:57:21 PM »
JUICE WASN'T A HUGE FACTOR ACCORDING TO OUR EXPERTS HERE.. ::)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2007, 09:56:38 PM »
his team mates all think hes an ass hole.not just the media and fans
DAWG

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2007, 01:07:08 AM »

Pumpster, not that I don't think he used/uses stuff (everyone does) but the physique comparison really shouldn't mean much.

At 16 I went from 169 (contest weight) to 222 8 months later at 17 years old with hard training and enormous amounts of food...Box of pasta, dozen eggs, chicken, potato's, oatmeal etc...I ate probably 8 times a day.

How many years is this weight comparison over?  he is a grown man with a great strength training program. 

Ya know how many people I see everymonth that use more stuff than most gym goers and are not even 215 pounds???  Too many...

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2007, 02:16:03 AM »
Pumpster, not that I don't think he used/uses stuff (everyone does) but the physique comparison really shouldn't mean much.

At 16 I went from 169 (contest weight) to 222 8 months later at 17 years old with hard training and enormous amounts of food...Box of pasta, dozen eggs, chicken, potato's, oatmeal etc...I ate probably 8 times a day.

How many years is this weight comparison over?  he is a grown man with a great strength training program. 

Ya know how many people I see everymonth that use more stuff than most gym goers and are not even 215 pounds???  Too many...

Yeah he trains his ass off in the offseason. Sheffield trained with him before his first season with the Braves and said it was the most intense offseason program he was ever on and went on to have a terrific season.
I

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2007, 03:07:56 AM »
Cmon pumpster, you can take hundreds of Pro players in their early 20's and then show them in their 40's and get the same result in pictures.