Author Topic: Bonds is getting TOO CLOSE!  (Read 37490 times)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Re: Bonds is getting TOO CLOSE!
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2007, 06:23:29 AM »

Well how do you feel about Ruth never having to hit against black pitchers???

UM, so what?  Ruth doesn't hold the record and actually only 8% of the players in MLB are black.

Whats up, you scared of black folks?
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2007, 07:05:17 AM »
Pumpster, not that I don't think he used/uses stuff (everyone does) but the physique comparison really shouldn't mean much.

At 16 I went from 169 (contest weight) to 222 8 months later at 17 years old with hard training and enormous amounts of food...Box of pasta, dozen eggs, chicken, potato's, oatmeal etc...I ate probably 8 times a day.

How many years is this weight comparison over?  he is a grown man with a great strength training program. 

Ya know how many people I see everymonth that use more stuff than most gym goers and are not even 215 pounds???  Too many...

Big big difference from making huge gains in the teens than from doing same between mid-late 20s and early-mid 30s.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2007, 07:09:43 AM »
Cmon pumpster, you can take hundreds of Pro players in their early 20's and then show them in their 40's and get the same result in pictures.

Not at all: those pics are both taken while still playing, between 20-something and 30-something. Not the same thing. Big gains in the teens is extremely common, the other is unusual.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2007, 10:55:32 AM »
UM, so what?  Ruth doesn't hold the record and actually only 8% of the players in MLB are black.

Whats up, you scared of black folks?

Point is though Ruth only had to hit against white pictures and not latinos or blacks. Bonds may have used drugs but so have hundreds of other players maybe even thousands but how many can even compare to him......... 0 because he is one of the top 5 players ever. I think those who don't like Bonds use the drugs as an excuse to not recognize how great of a player he really is.
I

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2007, 11:15:26 AM »
alright this "did he or didnt he" debate is getting stupid.

its obvious that bonds took something. BUT that didnt make him into a good ball player...it just made him hit a hell of a lot more HR's than he would have

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »
alright this "did he or didnt he" debate is getting stupid.

its obvious that bonds took something. BUT that didnt make him into a good ball player...it just made him hit a hell of a lot more HR's than he would have

Yeah he was setting records for walks back in the early 90's before he got real big, he is just a dangerous hitter but the extra size got him those couple extra every year but either way I think he could have hit at least 700 HR.
I

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »

Yeah he was setting records for walks back in the early 90's before he got real big, he is just a dangerous hitter but the extra size got him those couple extra every year but either way I think he could have hit at least 700 HR.

Bonds would have hit maybe 500 without the juice.  I hope a sniper blows his head off when he gets to 754
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2007, 12:26:17 PM »
Bonds would have hit maybe 500 without the juice.  I hope a sniper blows his head off when he gets to 754

Only 500 :o ??? You really are a complete moron aren't you??? If he played only 15 years and averaged 35 a year he would have still hit more then 500. He has now played a total of over 20 years and if he only played 20 he would only need to 25 a year to reach 500 which would have been a easy task for a hitter of his caliber.
I

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2007, 01:11:21 PM »
Trust "mikemachine's" in-depth 16-year old perspectives. ::)

Around 500 HRs is about right.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2007, 01:51:59 PM »
Trust "mikemachine's" in-depth 16-year old perspectives. ::)

Around 500 HRs is about right.

Oh no watch out, it's the almighty Dumpster who has no proof he's even seen the inside of the gym but we know he is OLD. I forgot when your around opinons don't matter cause whatever you say is fact and the final word. ::)
I

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2007, 04:06:57 PM »
Gee, without reading i wonder what resident 16-year old sage "mikemachine" will have to say???  ::)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2007, 06:54:37 PM »
Big big difference from making huge gains in the teens than from doing same between mid-late 20s and early-mid 30s.
He was 22 when he started with the Pirates. That Pirates pick is from his 1st year. A 20 year difference with a heavier frame is NOT unusual even for Pro. Look at Dan Marino when he was drafted and when he retired. Probably a 30lb difference. Same with Elway. And these guys ran a lot more than Bonds did. Well, maybe Marino didn't..............

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2007, 07:15:30 PM »
Bonds would have hit maybe 500 without the juice. 

And he would still be the only person with 500 homeruns and 500 stolen bases! ;)

I hate Bonds. He's on my home team, and I hate his attitude. Yes, it's his right to not speak to reporters, though he has been better over the last few years but not by much.

You could give him the entire CIBA plant, and no matter how well he responded to the gear, it still wouldn't help his ability to see a pitch like he does. That's a natural talent that you can train to some extent, but Bonds has a better eye than most players hence the low strikeout ratio- though the pitchers not pitching to him also helps him out in that regard.
It's true that Bonds doing sauce will turn a "normal pop fly" into a homerun (take a deep breath before you pop a cork fellas, it's a bit exaggerated, intentionally). But it's still his eye that helps him connect with the ball in the first place.

He's an asshole, yes. But one helluva playing asshole that can hit the ball.
Hank Aaron never hit over 47 home runs in his career. But it was his day in day out play and average that he was able to break Babe's record.
My final two cents on the matter- Hank is just as much of an asshole for not showing up. Not only is he an ass for not showing up, but he's a hypocrite too. He used to drink this shit called "Red Juice," which contained Benzadrine (sp?) aka as "Bennies." Women used to use the pill form to diet on....it's no longer produced, I don't think. However, a huge amount of players used to drink the stuff, and Hammerin' Hank was no different.
Bonds did/does gear. Hank did, at one time, was legal speed.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2007, 04:36:08 AM »
fvck bonds.
DAWG

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2007, 07:49:01 AM »
He was 22 when he started with the Pirates. That Pirates pick is from his 1st year. A 20 year difference with a heavier frame is NOT unusual even for Pro. Look at Dan Marino when he was drafted and when he retired. Probably a 30lb difference. Same with Elway. And these guys ran a lot more than Bonds did. Well, maybe Marino didn't..............

are you saying bonds is natural ???

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2007, 11:28:06 AM »
are you saying bonds is natural ???

E
No, Earl, but people assume that just cause he "gained weight" and is bigger than he was in his 20's, is due to steroids. Natural weight gain in all men past 35 is not unusual because the metabolism slows.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2007, 11:55:55 AM »
No, Earl, but people assume that just cause he "gained weight" and is bigger than he was in his 20's, is due to steroids. Natural weight gain in all men past 35 is not unusual because the metabolism slows.

Well ya, but it depends on the kind of weight. In his case a good part of it was muscle gains in his 30s, rather strange.

Then there's performance. Almost always a drop off some time in the mid-late 30s, which he didn't experience.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2007, 12:27:15 PM »
Cmon pumpster, you can take hundreds of Pro players in their early 20's and then show them in their 40's and get the same result in pictures.

So people's shoe sizes go up after they hit 30?  ::)

They guy juiced and that's the end of the discussion.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2007, 01:04:44 PM »
I don't care if he juiced or not.  Nobody knows who did or didn't and for him to be singled out because he's the best player is wrong.

Bonds gets all the focus, while sucktards like Randy Velarde, Benito Santiago and Trot Nixon all skate.

The other thing that annoys me are those who act like somebody can't put on size without usuing PEDs.  I'm sure if you take a genetically superior person, and couple them with a personal trainer, a personal chef, a masseuse, unlimited supplements, and the time to sleep through the night, they will gain serious muscle.  I'm not suggested Bonds wasn't on the sauce, but people tend to criticize those who do things that they're unable to do.
Y

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2007, 01:20:11 PM »
yea and once you hit your late thirty's your head size will usually double ha ha.this has nothing to do with GH I'm sure.
DAWG

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2007, 01:23:54 PM »
I don't care if he juiced or not.  Nobody knows who did or didn't and for him to be singled out because he's the best player is wrong.

Bonds gets all the focus, while sucktards like Randy Velarde, Benito Santiago and Trot Nixon all skate.

The other thing that annoys me are those who act like somebody can't put on size without usuing PEDs.  I'm sure if you take a genetically superior person, and couple them with a personal trainer, a personal chef, a masseuse, unlimited supplements, and the time to sleep through the night, they will gain serious muscle.  I'm not suggested Bonds wasn't on the sauce, but people tend to criticize those who do things that they're unable to do.

Yeah I agree but most people just want a reason to not recognize him as one of the greatest ever. They won't say it but many seem to have a grudge on him and will do anything to put him down. People think he doesn't give a shit but it really hurts him allot to go through all the shit he's going through while others seem to just fly under the radar. I guess it's the price you pay for being arguably the Best Player to Ever Play. :-\

Oh and Bonds was known for training his ass off in the off season especially during/after the latter 90's.
I

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2007, 01:26:49 PM »

Yeah I agree but most people just want a reason to not recognize him as one of the greatest ever. They won't say it but many seem to have a grudge on him and will do anything to put him down. People think he doesn't give a shit but it really hurts him allot to go through all the shit he's going through while others seem to just fly under the radar. I guess it's the price you pay for being arguably the Best Player to Ever Play. :-\

Oh and Bonds was known for training his ass off in the off season especially during/after the latter 90's.

I agree.  Bonds doesn't do himself any favors though.  If he had a good relationship with the media, he might not be targeted as much.
Y

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2007, 01:30:26 PM »
I agree.  Bonds doesn't do himself any favors though.  If he had a good relationship with the media, he might not be targeted as much.

Not just the media though, he gets harassed all the time, gets sent hate mail and death threats. The guy has to worry about someone taking him out just because he's a very sucessful baseball player, you don't see guys like McGwire, Palmeiro, Canseco etc... having to worry about those things. I want him to break the record even badder cause it will be like a big FUCK YOU to all those who don't think he deserves it.
I

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2007, 04:20:21 PM »

the change in head size is the dead giveaway that he's been using some gh

E
E

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2007, 05:43:28 PM »
the change in head size is the dead giveaway that he's been using some gh

E

You've extensively studied the effects of somatatropin, I assume?