Author Topic: Are 'normal' women too boring for most guys?  (Read 6034 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Are 'normal' women too boring for most guys?
« on: April 19, 2007, 08:08:05 PM »
Uncomplicated might have been a better choice of words. :)

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
Re: Are 'normal' women too boring for most guys?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 09:06:04 PM »
Uncomplicated...hmmmm... does that mean low maintenance? Some guys prefer that. Others want the high maintenence, high performance, like comparing a muscle car to an economy car...Most would love to have the Ferrari, but have to be happy with something a little more sensible. So yes, I think "uncomplicated" is too boring for some and maybe most.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 09:10:30 PM »
Uncomplicated...hmmmm...does that mean low maintenance? Some guys prefer that. Others want the high maintenence, high performance, like comparing a muscle car to an economy car...Most would love to have the Ferrari, but have to be happy with something a little more sensible. So yes, I think "uncomplicated" is too boring for some and maybe most.

riiight most guys dont want a total bombshell that isn't a pain in the ass to deal with at the same time  ::)
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 05:07:35 AM »
Uncomplicated...hmmmm...does that mean low maintenance? Some guys prefer that. Others want the high maintenence, high performance, like comparing a muscle car to an economy car...Most would love to have the Ferrari, but have to be happy with something a little more sensible. So yes, I think "uncomplicated" is too boring for some and maybe most.

BG,

Let's say you earn 50K/year. The gift of a Ferrari would be a curse. You wouldn't be able to afford the insurance, tires, maintainance, gas, oil changes, etc... And, there are only certain tmes of the year and roads you can drive it. God forbid it breaks down, you'll either go into the poor house trying to fix it or take a huge loss. :)

Tons of people would love to drive a Ferrari but only a few can really afford one.

People are the same way, some just require more emotional currency. I'm not talking high maintainance in the simple stuff (shoes, hair, nails) department more along the lines of people who are very needy and/or incapable of being emotionally self sufficient.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 06:37:24 AM »
That all depends how one would define high maintnance. Me personally, I don't like slobs. People who constantly wear joggers, no make up, etc. Then again, who wants a person who wears full make up and a body suit just to go to a supermarket to pick up a few groceries? It all depends on the person. I take pride in the way I look so I would expect the same in return from a person I was dating. But thats just me  :)

PB

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 07:44:43 AM »
I like uncomplicated woman.......... chicks who almost think like guys.
I have dated a few very complicated woman, unless you are a special kinda guy it goes no where.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 10:07:28 AM »
I like uncomplicated woman.......... chicks who almost think like guys.
I have dated a few very complicated woman, unless you are a special kinda guy it goes no where.

Complicated is to the brain of the simple, as beauty is to the eye of the beholder.  ;)
w

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 10:42:30 AM »
there's uncomplicated women out there?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 11:13:09 AM »

Complicated is to the brain of the simple, as beauty is to the eye of the beholder.  ;)
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 11:24:14 AM »
guys only care about looks

stop thinking that men think like women :)

E
E

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 05:49:22 PM »
Without knowing the age of the questioner I cannot apropriately answer the question of to be or not to be uncomplicated. However, the younger a man is the less complicated he wants his woman to be because he doesn't have to "work" at the relationship which in turn means he won't have to work on himself. The older a man is the more challenging he wants his woman to be; he will be bored mentally with anything less plus it is a sexual turn on to have someone who can match you wit for wit.

When you find a woman that thinks like a man she is usually dumbing down.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 04:35:42 AM »
Without knowing the age of the questioner I cannot apropriately answer the question of to be or not to be uncomplicated. However, the younger a man is the less complicated he wants his woman to be because he doesn't have to "work" at the relationship which in turn means he won't have to work on himself. The older a man is the more challenging he wants his woman to be; he will be bored mentally with anything less plus it is a sexual turn on to have someone who can match you wit for wit.

When you find a woman that thinks like a man she is usually dumbing down.

Hmmm, my experience has been more along the lines of... people who constantly try to challenge you do so to keep you off balance so their lack of substance doesn't become apparent. In a lot of cases the 'eccentric' behaviors (which is only cute for a while) some of us display are signs of deeper problems we tend to ignore for whatever reason.

An uncomplicated person, IMO, has most of their relationship issues worked out in advance. That way, when there's an issue, they're actually dealing with you on a subconcious level not their parents, ex's, boss, etc..

I'm not suggesting people can't have emotional baggage, that would be stupid and judgemental. All I'm suggesting is that people should know which trip their baggage is from. :)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 03:48:10 PM »
Hmmm, my experience has been more along the lines of... people who constantly try to challenge you do so to keep you off balance so their lack of substance doesn't become apparent. In a lot of cases the 'eccentric' behaviors (which is only cute for a while) some of us display are signs of deeper problems we tend to ignore for whatever reason.

An uncomplicated person, IMO, has most of their relationship issues worked out in advance. That way, when there's an issue, they're actually dealing with you on a subconcious level not their parents, ex's, boss, etc..

I'm not suggesting people can't have emotional baggage, that would be stupid and judgemental. All I'm suggesting is that people should know which trip their baggage is from. :)

I agree, on all points for both men and women...

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 05:11:32 PM »

Agreed whole heartedly!!! Eccentric behaviors are a sign of deeper problems IMO and "we" tend to ignore them either because we are so glad to be with someone or the sex is on point (two totally different issues for a thread discussion).  I wouldn't go as far as to say that an uncomplicated person has a  lot their relationship issues worked out, it takes some time and a lot of self reflection (possibly a couple of 45 minute hour sessions in someone's office) to undo the damage of toxic parenting, abusive family situtions, etc.; but I think a healthy person is willing to address issues and thus may appear to be complicated.

As far as the trip and the luggage is concerned, we not only need to know which trip the baggage came from but also willing to start unpacking to make it a little lighter.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 05:15:49 PM »
Agreed whole heartedly!!! Eccentric behaviors are a sign of deeper problems IMO and "we" tend to ignore them either because we are so glad to be with someone or the sex is on point (two totally different issues for a thread discussion).  I wouldn't go as far as to say that an uncomplicated person has a  lot their relationship issues worked out, it takes some time and a lot of self reflection (possibly a couple of 45 minute hour sessions in someone's office) to undo the damage of toxic parenting, abusive family situtions, etc.; but I think a healthy person is willing to address issues and thus may appear to be complicated.

As far as the trip and the luggage is concerned, we not only need to know which trip the baggage came from but also willing to start unpacking to make it a little lighter.

Start it up......

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 06:58:44 PM »
That thread would probably die a painful death.  :)

A lot of people don't know how automatic some of their reactions are or the extent to which old baggage affects new relationships.

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 08:20:11 PM »
Yes you can tell almost immediately, at least I can. womens intuition???

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 08:23:13 PM »
Yes you can tell almost immediately, at least I can. womens intuition???

Do most people know how messed up they are or why?

Doesn't take a lot of 'intuition' to figure out why people wouldn't talk about those things. :)

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 11:14:05 AM »
Wow a thread that I actually enjoyed reading. Thanks, nice to know there is still some "substance' left around here.  ;)
M

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 02:55:56 PM »
guys only care about looks

Like the ones you dream of getting from him?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 08:31:34 AM »
>:(
:D Weee

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 09:00:22 AM »
Is being overly complicated a sign of internal unhappiness?

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 11:21:30 AM »
Is being overly complicated a sign of internal unhappiness?

Define overly complicated.  I won't be crude, but if you look at some responses on other boards, your's included  ;), "overly complicated" could simply mean she's human rather than a breathing blow up doll.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 11:25:07 AM »
Define overly complicated.  I won't be crude, but if you look at some responses on other boards, your's included  ;), "overly complicated" could simply mean she's human rather than a breathing blow up doll.

You know exactly what I mean. :)

Besides, don't confuse threads. This forum has stricter rules and comments about 'selfishness' would have to be excessively dumbed down or nicened up too much. ;)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 04:48:23 PM »
You know exactly what I mean. :)

Besides, don't confuse threads. This forum has stricter rules and comments about 'selfishness' would have to be excessively dumbed down or nicened up too much. ;)

Yes I do know...  :)

I think the more intelligent one is, the more complicated you will be.  Not necessarily in a "bad" way, but more aware of certain worldly or non-worldly things... politics, perceptions, intuitions, passion... etc.  Goes for both sexes. Don't you think?