Author Topic: Alec Baldwin berates his 11 yr old daughter in abusive voicemail rant  (Read 31893 times)

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
Re: Alec Baldwin berates his 11 yr old daughter in abusive voicemail rant
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2007, 01:08:04 PM »
If Kim, didn't leak the message as she claimed, ...I think we will all be surprised at who did it.
I'm not going to name any names, ...but I have a theory which I think will shock you all.  8)

oh god, you say "Kim" as if you know her.  oh puhleaze  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2007, 01:24:47 PM »
Yes Beach, that is pumpster's view, ...and being in NYC, I can only assume he has a much clearer bird's-eye view of the monster named Baldwin. No doubt stories of his Broadway antics have filtered into the streets of NY.

Beach, that's probably why you are defending him. You're right YOU do not know what goes on behind closed doors. Those of us who do are of the opinion he's gone too far. If there is nothing wrong with his rant, why would a judge slap him with an order to cease any and all contact with his daughter? 

Possibly, but you need to stand back and ask yourself why provide the sharpening stone? Do you not question the critical thinking skills or the wisdom of an individual about to appear in court in a custody case, leaving that kind of ammunition around?

One rant with no background facts? ???

Beach, this is one rant left in voicemail, ...it doesn't include the many rants NOT in voicemail.
Those are legendary. There are those of us who have seen him unleash his venom on adults and reduce them to quivering shells of their former selves. When someone sees that very same MO being perpetrated on an 11 yr. old child, that's when people step in, and rightly so. It's unfortunate that this might cause Ireland some embarassment, but if it forces Baldwin to get the therapy he needs to change his ways, she is better off in the long run, and stands a much better chance of being raised to become a normal well adjusted young lady, ...but if she is forced to be subjected to more of the "usual" Baldwin, that's not very likely to occur.

This is just my opinion, but I strongly believe that if you were witness to Alec Baldwin and his general arrogance and inept coping skills you would be appalled. When they chose him for Glengarry Glenross, they were typecasting.

The only redeeming thing I have to say about the guy... he votes Democrat and can't stand Bush.

I will defer to you, because you obviously know more about him than me.  I don't know anything about his private life or what kind of person he is outside of his movie roles. 

That said, I maintain that this (the outing) was wrong.  If he needs therapy, give the tape to the judge and let the judge deal with him and his family privately.  If he has spoken to his daughter like this on multiple occasions, he should have his daddy card taken away by a judge.  Sharing this with the world, which harms the child, is not the right approach.  This isn't a matter of public concern at all IMO.   

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2007, 01:37:50 PM »
Everyone just be grateful not to be bum's kidz. :o

Besides, he's busy still trying to figure out sports, let alone common sense. ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2007, 01:53:03 PM »
Everyone just be grateful not to be bum's kidz. :o

Besides, he's busy still trying to figure out sports, let alone common sense. ;)

And we all know pumpster is the authority on kids, sports, and common sense. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2007, 02:08:48 PM »
And we all know pumpster is the authority on kids, sports, and common sense. 

If Bum makes his kids behave and show respect to their elders, I don't have any issues nor will I ever say anything about how he raises his kids.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2007, 03:13:43 PM »
If Bum makes his kids behave and show respect to their elders, I don't have any issues nor will I ever say anything about how he raises his kids.

A-1 rationalization.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2007, 03:14:35 PM »
I have no doubt that had he been alive, bum would've been assuring us about the Titanic as well. ;D ;D ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2007, 03:21:24 PM »
oh god, you say "Kim" as if you know her.  oh puhleaze  ::)

You'd be surprised at who I know, ...but since you mention it... yes I do... as well as a few Baldwins.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2007, 03:22:38 PM »
I have no doubt that had he been alive, bum would've been assuring us about the Titanic as well. ;D ;D ;D

{ROTFLMAO} I don't know why this has the ring of truth to it... Beach forgive me, ...but that made me crack up.
w

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2007, 03:23:56 PM »
Just to reiterate...the guy's having yet ANOTHER meltdown, because he's been out of control and unstable for years. This just put him over the edge.

Alec Baldwin leaves talent agency
Tuesday April 24, 2007 11 PM EST

LOS ANGELES --Alec Baldwin has parted ways with his agents at a major Hollywood talent agency, his spokesman said Tuesday. Baldwin left Creative Artists Agency for personal reasons, said spokesman Matthew Hiltzik. He did not elaborate.

The actor has made headlines in recent days after an angry voicemail to his daughter was obtained by the celebrity Web site TMZ.com and broadcast around the world.

Baldwin and actress Kim Basinger have been locked in a custody dispute over their 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, since their 2002 divorce.

In it, Baldwin yelled at his daughter for failing to answer the telephone for a prearranged call and called her a "rude, thoughtless little pig."

Baldwin has since apologized.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2007, 03:25:56 PM »
FYI bum also thinks Russell Crowe's a great guy. ;D

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2007, 03:31:49 PM »
A parent has the right to call his/her child a disrespectful pig. I'm sorry, maybe most of you were coddled and never called out on your shit but it is a normal thing that most people do and the reason why kids act like little assholes these days is because parents don't call them out.  Plain and simple.
Squishy face retard

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2007, 03:38:44 PM »
A parent has the right to call his/her child a disrespectful pig. I'm sorry, maybe most of you were coddled and never called out on your shit but it is a normal thing that most people do and the reason why kids act like little assholes these days is because parents don't call them out.  Plain and simple.

Teaching them how to behave has nothing to do with exhibiting hostility and vulgarity while potentially affecting their self-respect.

That's SEPARATE from the fact that it would be obvious that dad's a dick. :D She might've purposely avoided taking his call already knowing what to expect from past behavior.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2007, 03:45:34 PM »
Teaching them how to behave has nothing to do with exhibiting hostility and vulgarity while potentially affecting their self-respect.

I highly doubt most parents are never vulgar or upset when disciplining a child.  Most kids today are little ass holes and deserve to be yelled at and spanked, which is apparently now abuse.  Notice how this generation is more screwed up compared to older generations of people who received corporal punishment.
Squishy face retard

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2007, 03:50:54 PM »
I highly doubt most parents are never vulgar or upset when disciplining a child. 

I don't remember any of that from any parents i saw. Mad sure, vulgar and vindictive, no. Using the term pig isn't appropriate for a parent wanting to set a good example; kids do grow up along the lines of those examples.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2007, 04:36:05 PM »
Another WINNING rationalization.  ::) The kid sounds smarter.

Anyone here who continues to justify talking to a kid like that doesn't get it.

do you hear the way kids talk to their parents these days?

I imagine it's 10 times worse for a girl who probably has maids clean her room, chef's cook her dinner, gets everything she wants all because mommy and daddy are in the movies ::)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2007, 04:38:08 PM »
I'm trying to make a point by saying that if anybody ever "owned" you that you'd never admit to it.

Therefore, I've never been owned either.

I would admit to it and I've brutalized you many times and caused you to cry all because I said joey porter is not the same player anymore :)

E
E

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2007, 04:39:29 PM »
do you hear the way kids talk to their parents these days?

I imagine it's 10 times worse for a girl who probably has maids clean her room, chef's cook her dinner, gets everything she wants all because mommy and daddy are in the movies ::)

E
Seriously.  Get the belt out.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »

Ding!   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2007, 04:56:19 PM »
Seriously.  Get the belt out.

If they get out of line, go for the behind.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2007, 05:03:02 PM »
Ding!   :)
Exactly, most parents don't and society has seen the result of it.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2007, 05:13:10 PM »
Exactly, most parents don't and society has seen the result of it.

Yep.  I think there has been a massive failure on the part of far too many parents when it comes to teaching kids to respect not only the parents but elders in general. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2007, 05:39:40 PM »
What Alec Baldwin did is not a big deal.. My mother used to hit me when I misbehaved and I'm actually glad she did because she enstilled in me proper manners and respect for other human beings.

My uncle hit one of my cousins after he swore at his teacher in school. The kid called the police and now lives in a home assigned to him by child care services. My uncle and aunt are pretty devestated, angry and to this day they don't even understand what they did wrong. I hear the kid has agreed to go back, but has grown attached to the family he's been living with because they're well off and american.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2007, 05:40:05 PM »
Yep.  I think there has been a massive failure on the part of far too many parents when it comes to teaching kids to respect not only the parents but elders in general. 

Be honest you thought that for the most part OJ was innocent. ;D

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2007, 06:09:42 PM »
I put a kid in time out today (in one of my jobs) and he tried to hit me and I yelled at his little ass.  If I tried to hit someone in authority at that age, my dad would have whipped the belt out faster than I could blink.  It's really quite sad and if parents did punish (not necessarily spanking although it worked in the 40's and 50's  ;D) then these little douches would act right.

What Alec Baldwin did is not a big deal.. My mother used to hit me when I misbehaved and I'm actually glad she did because she enstilled in me proper manners and respect for other human beings.

Exactly!  A good ass whooping would go a long way in this world.
Squishy face retard