Author Topic: Alec Baldwin berates his 11 yr old daughter in abusive voicemail rant  (Read 31867 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Voicemail rant reheats Alec-Kim feud
By SANDY COHEN,
AP Entertainment Writer
Thu Apr 19, 10:07 PM ET

The festering bad blood between movie-star exes Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger erupted Thursday when an angry phone message from Baldwin to his daughter was made public.

On the recording, Baldwin can be heard berating his 11-year-old, Ireland, "You are a rude, thoughtless little pig."

"You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being," he says, apparently upset that she did not answer her phone for a planned call.

"I don't give a damn that you're 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you're a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do as far as I'm concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone."

He goes on to say that he plans to fly from New York to Los Angeles "for the day just to straighten you out on this issue."

The recording was published by celebrity news site TMZ.com, which said that the call was placed on April 11.

Baldwin's spokesman said in a statement Thursday that, "in the best interest of the child," the 49-year-old actor "will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order.

"The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order," the statement continued. "Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

"The voice mail speaks for itself," Basinger's spokeswoman said.

Calls to Basinger's and Baldwin's attorneys were not returned.

Baldwin and Basinger, 53, were married in 1993. They have been involved in prolonged legal disputes over custody and other issues since she filed for divorce in 2001, which was granted in 2002. The couple's differences have been aired several times in public.

Basinger was charged with contempt of court in October for violating terms of a 2004 custody agreement. A motion by her lawyers to dismiss the charges was denied Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court. The next hearing on visitation issues is scheduled for May 4.

Click here to listen to the voicemail message he left for his 11 yr. old daughter   >:(
w

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
Re: Alec Baldwin berates his 11 yr old daughter in abusive voicemail rant
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 12:59:59 AM »
Every time I start to like the guy again, he goes and does something stupid like this that makes it too easy to hate him.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 01:15:12 AM »
Um... Maybe she IS a rude thoughtless pig.

Sometimes a kid needs a Shakabuku, or else they shoot up College Campuses when they turn 20 or so.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 05:16:45 AM »
His daughter will come up dead in a few days.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 06:21:25 AM »
Um... Maybe she IS a rude thoughtless pig.

Sometimes a kid needs a Shakabuku, or else they shoot up College Campuses when they turn 20 or so.

What is that?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 07:25:19 AM »
Baldwin is a creep. I would never talk to my 12 year old daughter like that. You can't talk to kids like that. Its cruel.
The House that Ruth built

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 07:27:42 AM »
Baldwn looks like a Bloated mess. He looks like he is addicted to dessert.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 07:29:42 AM »
Baldwin is a creep. I would never talk to my 12 year old daughter like that. You can't talk to kids like that. Its cruel.

I understand you point but have you heard the mouth on some of the kids of that age today. I was at a store recently where some boy was talking mad stuff to his dad and had to be 12-14 I turned to my son and explained how it was bad behavior on both parts. The son for doing it and the father for letting him do it, then asked what would happen to him if he talked to me that way ..My son did not miss a beat he said dad you would spank my butt till it glowed in the dark..exactly.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 07:32:33 AM »
Baldwin is a legend

"go fuck yourself"

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 07:37:38 AM »
I yell at my daughter like that and she's 6. No bullshit. Kids are tough, they bounce back.
$

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 07:41:39 AM »
I yell at my daughter like that and she's 6. No bullshit. Kids are tough, they bounce back.
hahahahaha, maybe he found out that she was sucking dicks.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 07:46:37 AM »
I understand you point but have you heard the mouth on some of the kids of that age today. I was at a store recently where some boy was talking mad stuff to his dad and had to be 12-14 I turned to my son and explained how it was bad behavior on both parts. The son for doing it and the father for letting him do it, then asked what would happen to him if he talked to me that way ..My son did not miss a beat he said dad you would spank my butt till it glowed in the dark..exactly.

I guess. When I was a kid we said things to our parents that make me feel sick today. My kids are well behaved. They never heard arguing, or swearing at home. My house growing up was nothing but swearing, arguing, fighting. My folks were only 18 when I was born so maybe thats why things were so fucked up.
The House that Ruth built

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 07:59:54 AM »
What about the fact that Kim Basinger is the one who released the tape to the media?

What a terrible fucking mother she is!   >:(

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 08:11:02 AM »
What about the fact that Kim Basinger is the one who released the tape to the media?

What a terrible fucking mother she is!   >:(
she's a miserable cu.nt, the daughter is probably exactly the same.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 08:14:37 AM »
she's a miserable cu.nt, the daughter is probably exactly the same.
DING DING DING..we have a winner on the Exactly my thought game..."  ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 08:16:48 AM »
DING DING DING..we have a winner on the Exactly my thought game..."  ;D
hahahhaa, the daughter will grow up to be an average looking girl who expects her "knight in shining armor" to put a rope around the moon for her and pull it down and will wake up at age 35 miserable and alone when she realizes that there aren't any perfect guys around.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 08:20:30 AM »
lookin at that kid and considerring her 'breeding'

i say adopted

thats why its cool to call her shit

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 08:29:35 AM »
hahahhaa, the daughter will grow up to be an average looking girl who expects her "knight in shining armor" to put a rope around the moon for her and pull it down and will wake up at age 35 miserable and alone when she realizes that there aren't any perfect guys around.

1st quit watching bruce almighty... ;D I agree she is just like the bunch of stupid Runts who grow up with those types of parents that give them everything. Better if alex just took her down to compton and got the gang rape finished early in life so he does not have to sit thru the endless parade of losers she's going to bang looking for daddy.

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 08:56:02 AM »

Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]

Blake: Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 08:57:23 AM »

I thought it was kinda funny that he didn't know whether she was 11 or 12. 

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 08:58:56 AM »
Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]

Blake: Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.

Best freaking movie ever and great scene. "Do I have your attention now".... ;D

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 09:05:30 AM »

Blake: These are the new leads. These are the Glengarry leads. To you, these are gold; you do not get these. Because to give them to you would be throwing them away.

Blake: Your name is "you're wanting", and you can't play the man's game, you can't close them, and then tell your wife your troubles. 'Cause only one thing counts in this world: get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me you fuckin' guys?

Blake: A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing, always be closing.

Blake: What's the problem, pal?

Dave Moss: You -
[correcting him]

Dave Moss: Moss. You're such a hero, you're so rich, how come you're coming down here wasting your time with such a bunch of bums?

Blake: You see this watch? You see this watch?

Dave Moss: Yeah.

Blake: That watch costs more than you car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you guy? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave

Blake: You got leads. Mitch & Murray paid good money. Get their names to sell them. You can't close the leads you're given, you can't close shit, *you are* shit, hit the bricks pal, and beat it, 'cause you are going *out*.

Shelley Levene: The leads are weak.

Blake: "The leads are weak." The fucking leads are weak? You're weak. I've been in this business fifteen years...

Dave Moss: What's your name?

Blake: Fuck you. That's my name.
[Moss laughs]

Blake: You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. *That's* my name.

Dave Moss: We don't gotta sit here and listen to this.
Blake: You CERTAINLY don't pal, 'cause the good news is - you're fired.

Blake: PUT THAT COFFEE DOWN. Coffee is for closers.

Blake: You call yourself a salesman, you son of a bitch?

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 09:14:56 AM »
his daughter had it coming...

young, dumb, and full of cum

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 09:16:44 AM »
Used to use parts of the speech when I was talking about the upcoming months goals for my employees..great.

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 09:44:43 AM »
Used to use parts of the speech when I was talking about the upcoming months goals for my employees..great.

Yep...When I was a sales manager in the retail sector I use to do the same thing...lol

Boiler Room was a close second:

One of the doors of the trading room opens.  Seth catches a
glimpse of several brokers crouched down, playing dice near
the far window of the trading room.  The door closes in SLOW
MOTION as Seth cranes to get every possible view.

Out walks JIM YOUNG.  Jim is a team leader at JT Marlin.  He
is dressed to the T.  He looks like someone not to be fucked
with.

JIM:  Alright guys, come this way.

CUT TO:  INT. BOARDROOM - DAY (CONTINUOUS)

The room used mostly for interviewing and on the rare
occasion a meeting is needed with someone outside the firm.

Jim walks in to find Marc sitting at the head of the table.
He laughs to himself.

JIM: I'm sorry, but that's my seat.

MARC (scared):  Oh man, I'm so sorry.

JIM:  It's alright.

Marc JUMPS to another seat.  He is chided by one of his
friends, the same kid who was having words with Debbie.

RUDE KID:  Fucking dumb-ass.

JIM:  You can get the fuck out of here.

RUDE KID (terrified):  What?  What?

JIM:  Don't talk to me, don't look at me, just pick your ass up out of that
Italian leather chair and get the fuck out of this room.

He gets up and leaves without saying another word.

JIM (CONT'D):  We expect everyone here to treat their co-workers with a certain level of respect.

Everyone in the room is silent and staring at Jim.

JIM (CONT'D) (calm):  Now before I get started I have a question.  Has anyone here passed the series seven?

One hand goes up.  It's one of the few kids who wears a good
suit and wasn't too worried looking in the waiting room.

SERIES SEVEN:  I have a series seven license.

JIM:  Good for you, now you can get out too.

SERIES SEVEN:  What?  Why?

JIM:  Because we don't hire brokers.  We train new ones.

Jim waits for him to leave the room and then calmly
continues.

JIM (CONT'D):  This is the deal.  I am not here to waste your time and I can only hope you're not here to waste mine.  So I'm gonna keep this short.  You become an employee of this firm and you will make your first million within three years.

(pauses)

Okay?  Let me repeat that.  You will make a million dollars within three years of your first day of employment at JT Marlin.  Everybody got that?  There is no question as to whether you will be a millionaire working at this firm, the question is how many times over.

Every kid in the room besides Seth is completely starry eyed
at this point.  Some mouths even hang open.  Seth is excited
too, but is smarter than the rest... he doesn't show it.

JIM (CONT'D):  You think I'm joking.  I am not joking.  I am a millionaire.  It's a weird thing to hear, right?  I'll tell you, it's a weird thing to say.  I'm a fucking
millionaire.  Now guess how old I am?  Twenty-seven.  You know what that makes
me here?  A fucking senior citizen.  This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine.  Lucky for me, I am very fucking good at my job or I'd be out of one.  You guys are the new blood.  You're gonna go home with the kesef.  You're the future Big-Swinging-Dicks of this firm.  Now you all look money hungry and that's good.  Anybody who says money is the root of all evil, doesn't have it!  Money can't buy happiness?  Look at the fucking smile on my face.  Ear to ear, baby.  You wanna hear details?  I drive a Ferrari 355 cabriolet.

(throws keys on desk)

I have a ridiculous house on the South Fork.  I've got every toy you can
imagine.  And best of all, kids, I am liquid.

Jim takes a pause here and circles the room.

JIM (CONT'D):  So now that you know what's possible, let me tell you what's required.  You are required to work your ass off.  We want winners, not pikers.  A piker is someone who walks at the bell.  A piker asks how much vacation time he gets in the first year.  See, people work here to become filthy rich.  No other reason.  That's it.  You want vacation time?  Go teach third grade public school.

Jim pours himself a glass of water from a carafe and drinks.

JIM (CONT'D):  Your first six months at the firm are as a trainee... you make one hundred and fifty dollars a week.  After you're done training, you take the Series
Seven test.  When you pass, you become a junior broker and you'll be opening
accounts for your team leader.  After you open forty accounts you begin working for yourself and then... sky's the limit.  Now a word about being a trainee.  The other brokers, your parents, whoever: they're gonna giveyou shit about it.  And it's true, a hundred and fifty a week is not a lot of money, but pay no mind.  You need to learn the business and this is the time to do it.  Once you pass the Series
Seven none of it will matter.

He pauses to drink.

JIM (CONT'D):  Your friends are shit.  You're gonna tell them you made twenty-five thousand last month and they're not going to believe you.  Fuck them!  Your parents don't like the life you lead?  Fuck you Mom and Dad!  As a trainee you will be building a foundation for yourself.  Think of it as the foundation to a building.  Right?  Gotta build the foundation before you can put up your skyscraper.  You know what I built?

(takes out a model)

The fucking twin towers.  Now go home and think about whether this is for you.  If you decide it isn't, nothing to be embarrassed about.  It's not for everyone.  But if you really want it, then give me a call on Monday and we'll talk.  Just don't waste my time.  Alright.  That's it.

Jim walks out of the room leaving the door open behind him.
No one has moved from their seat.

FADE OUT.