Author Topic: the tuna and water diet  (Read 3315 times)

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
the tuna and water diet
« on: April 20, 2007, 12:12:51 PM »
I read that Dave Draper used to use the "tuner and water diet" back in the day and nowadays occasionally to get lean. Is this safe, ya know since you're not consuming any carbs? If so, for how long?
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
Re: the tuna and water diet
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 03:17:22 PM »
all hes doing is eating less calories than what hes consuming and because there no carbs he will drop water too

great if u dont mind your workout intensity going down the toilet and feeling like shit...

I find that what u see in the mirror and how u feel mentally are 2 things that should be kept in check

They used to think the world was flat ya know too...things have changed since drapers day , eat a balanced diet and find out how many calories u need to maintain then drop 500 from that and do more cardio.

Is the tuna diet safe? Well do u think tuna has everything a balanced diet from the 5 food groups has?

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 04:56:18 PM »
i did this diet once for 5 days.  plan on being starving most of the time.  your energy levels drop significantly.  and he says that you have to give it a day or two to adjust, but by the end of day two, all you really want to do is sit around.  workout intensity drops significantly too. 
F

AVBG

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 01:59:04 AM »
You will vomit at the thought of opening up a can of tuna within seven days..Other than that, great idea :D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 07:17:08 AM »
Sounds like a terrible diet.  Barely any calories or fats, body would fry on this.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 03:01:37 PM »
yeah itd make u lose weight from vommiting me thinks....eg say 3000 cal's is needed , 150 cal / can so thats 20 cans of tuna a day and 140 cans of tuna for 1 week  ;D ;D awesome

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:50:15 AM »
great diet . . .  if you wear a flea collar and say "meow" alot

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 01:05:48 AM »
great diet . . .  if you wear a flea collar and say "meow" alot

good one  :D
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 03:48:23 AM »
if your gonna do it at least mix the tuna w/a TBSP of mayo or olive oil so you are at least doing a keto diet and not an all protein starvation diet.....you will hold onto much more of your muscle mass on protein/fat than you will on just protein..

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 04:21:06 AM »
if your gonna do it at least mix the tuna w/a TBSP of mayo or olive oil so you are at least doing a keto diet and not an all protein starvation diet.....you will hold onto much more of your muscle mass on protein/fat than you will on just protein..

Big time true.  Very hard if not impossible to get enough calories eating just protein.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 06:02:51 PM »
Tuna would be perfect if your getting ready to sodium load before a contest, however I would add some fat to the mix... Natty PM or Flax Oil to slow it down some.  I have been using Talapia for 12 weeks now, at 15 days out I am going to switch to canned tuna for 2 of the 4 fish meals to up sodium some....

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 05:29:51 AM »
Tuna would be perfect if your getting ready to sodium load before a contest, however I would add some fat to the mix... Natty PM or Flax Oil to slow it down some.  I have been using Talapia for 12 weeks now, at 15 days out I am going to switch to canned tuna for 2 of the 4 fish meals to up sodium some....

Be careful akers.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 06:22:18 AM »
there is no such thing as 5 food groups. the milk lobbyists snuck that one in there.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 04:01:19 PM »
im going to eat only brown rice and highfat-fish like salmon and mackerel, for 2 weeks. with a multivit/min, omega 3 oil, and some vegetables. ill inform you on my fatloss.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 05:32:01 PM »
im going to eat only brown rice and highfat-fish like salmon and mackerel, for 2 weeks. with a multivit/min, omega 3 oil, and some vegetables. ill inform you on my fatloss.

why dont you drop the rice, add quinoa and raw veggie salads(sprouts, spinach etc) you will improve your health and lose weight more so then with rice.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 05:26:52 AM »
why dont you drop the rice, add quinoa and raw veggie salads(sprouts, spinach etc) you will improve your health and lose weight more so then with rice.

Ezekiel bread and broccoli would also suffice, quick and easy...This is my first season using Ezekiel bread as primary carb source.  I like it better than oatmeal and don't feel as bloated either   ;D

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 05:32:23 AM »

because i lost already 4 inches of my waist, eating red meat, patatoes, pasta and burgers. i just didnt overeat like i use to. next step is going to be to replace red meat with fish, and simple carbs with brown rice. when i lose another 5 inches of my waist with this, than i can add green vegetables in the mix one step at the time mate.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 06:39:34 AM »
because i lost already 4 inches of my waist, eating red meat, patatoes, pasta and burgers. i just didnt overeat like i use to. next step is going to be to replace red meat with fish, and simple carbs with brown rice. when i lose another 5 inches of my waist with this, than i can add green vegetables in the mix one step at the time mate.

for health purposes i would advise you have green veggie with the majority of your meals(perferably raw).

but thats up too you.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 03:26:22 PM »
im not in to health ;)