Author Topic: I had a near death experience  (Read 2438 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
I had a near death experience
« on: April 20, 2007, 12:16:13 PM »
Well brothers I'm still here and It wasn't that much of a big deal when I think back now...

I did close grip bench press 198lb I never grip the bar but let it rest on my palm, I think you guys can guess what happened next, well I was at my 6 rep and I got tired, I didn't feel 100% for all week and I don't know how it happen, but my muscles just "gave in" with that I mean it felt like there was nothing there to hold the weight.
Since I was on my "way down" It "only" fell from half way down but it still hurt like a mother, it kinda bounced of my chest.
Gym was more or less empty 07.00 morning and none of these useless trainers around.
Lucky for me I never use these stupid "clamp" things, so I ditched the wheels... made such a loud bang that sure enough next thing I see is Matt (one of the useless Trainers) sprint over from the little office he sat in.
Are you alright bro? I say yeah sure I think so, sorry but I had to ditch the weight...

And here comes the best...

He says: Dude always use the clips to hold the weight in place and I say: No bro I did not "loose" the weight, it dropped on my chest and I had to "let it go"... he looks at me with this irritated look and says: Dude still, always use these clips.

Lol I think I would have been in a lot more trouble with the clips since I tried to roll the bar on my lap but it was to high up and I was afraid that it would roll on my neck.

So yeah anybody else has similar story to share?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: I had a near death experience
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 12:22:57 PM »
So the moral of the story is don't use clips.  ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 12:24:20 PM »

Hell yeah, I'm happy it happend to me next time I try 4 wheels fuck it I know what I feels now

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 12:36:37 PM »
Had it happen to me both with and without clips.  Getting rid of the weight without clips is definetly easier, although louder, and I would wager a bit safer too.  Rolling a couple hundred pounds down your stomach and over "the boys" is not fun.  The only time I clip my shit is for curls and squats.

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 12:38:13 PM »
Well brothers I'm still here and It wasn't that much of a big deal when I think back now...

I did close grip bench press 198lb I never grip the bar but let it rest on my palm, I think you guys can guess what happened next, well I was at my 6 rep and I got tired, I didn't feel 100% for all week and I don't know how it happen, but my muscles just "gave in" with that I mean it felt like there was nothing there to hold the weight.
Since I was on my "way down" It "only" fell from half way down but it still hurt like a mother, it kinda bounced of my chest.
Gym was more or less empty 07.00 morning and none of these useless trainers around.
Lucky for me I never use these stupid "clamp" things, so I ditched the wheels... made such a loud bang that sure enough next thing I see is Matt (one of the useless Trainers) sprint over from the little office he sat in.
Are you alright bro? I say yeah sure I think so, sorry but I had to ditch the weight...

And here comes the best...

He says: Dude always use the clips to hold the weight in place and I say: No bro I did not "loose" the weight, it dropped on my chest and I had to "let it go"... he looks at me with this irritated look and says: Dude still, always use these clips.

Lol I think I would have been in a lot more trouble with the clips since I tried to roll the bar on my lap but it was to high up and I was afraid that it would roll on my neck.

So yeah anybody else has similar story to share?

Awsome story, I bet you looked real cool while this was all happeneing also.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 12:39:36 PM »

lol, this 140 lb soaking wet kraut must've been crying for half an hour after it happened.
Deep Tissue Massage

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 12:42:06 PM »
I had a near death experience

I thought you were gonna say you had started working with The Chad.
Ron: "I am lazy."

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »
and here i thought i was the only one who didn't use clips. yea i was flat benching one time when i was about 14 yrs old the only person i had for a spotter being my younger brother. 225 loaded on the bar and 3 reps later it hit my chest. i sure as hell wasn't rolling that much weight over the soldier. so i just kinda lifted one side of the bar letting the plates go and the other side came even easier. yea definetly don't use clips "especially" if your alone or don't have much for a spotter.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 12:45:10 PM »

No lol eern worse, I tried to get up (like when you do a situp) but the bar was still in my lap so I kinda got up but when back down and than sliped of the bench LOL

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 12:47:38 PM »
Well the good news is, It happens to alot of people so dont feel so bad.

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 12:47:54 PM »

I thought you were gonna say you had started working with The Chad.
No, he said NEAR death.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 12:50:03 PM »
and here i thought i was the only one who didn't use clips. yea i was flat benching one time when i was about 14 yrs old the only person i had for a spotter being my younger brother. 225 loaded on the bar and 3 reps later it hit my chest. i sure as hell wasn't rolling that much weight over the soldier. so i just kinda lifted one side of the bar letting the plates go and the other side came even easier. yea definetly don't use clips "especially" if your alone or don't have much for a spotter.

One of my buddies in the gym who was doing cardio atm when it happend and saw the drama unfold from far away (he later told me that he  was to lazy to get of his ass and we both laughed manly because we are so hardcore ::) )
well he said that he heard that some have died that way, lifting alone, get caught, and it rolls on your neck.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 12:55:10 PM »
Well the good news is, It happens to alot of people so dont feel so bad.

I don't feel bad at all, I feel... kinda hardcore rolf I'm joking, but I like to "touch" the limits and I like to find out that I'm not like your "normal " Gym tourist.

In some other board some guy want's to tell me that he would have just "rested" the weight on his chest, and than just benched it up ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 01:12:07 PM »
if you would've done incline you could've bounced it on your head
Z

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 01:13:06 PM »
if you would've done incline you could've bounced it on your head

I know... and I'm not joking incline scares me more than Squats... no problem when people are around, but I workout in the very morning and there is NOBODY around.

but you know what folks that makes us lifters we are a little bit stupid :D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 01:16:13 PM »
i dont bench on my own. i only use dumbbells
Z

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 01:30:46 PM »

sissy ;D

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 01:32:13 PM »

Are they pink dumbbells???

Someone was going to make a joke about it  :P

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 01:34:24 PM »
Are they pink dumbbells???

Someone was going to make a joke about it  :P

yup i dont want to risk injurying myself!
Z

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 06:12:32 PM »
you sholuda slapped him in his face and told him to go take all the trash out.
i

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 06:19:57 PM »
Glad your safe. Next time don't give up. You are not allowed to fail. I do that to myself when I don't think I can get another rep but get in through sheer willpower. Your mind is the strongest tool.
just push some weight!

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 07:23:28 PM »

that prick at virginia tech used lots of clips.
Addicted to the Steal