Author Topic: DO ANY OF YOU GUYS TRAIN THIS HARD??????????  (Read 5349 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
DO ANY OF YOU GUYS TRAIN THIS HARD??????????
« on: April 21, 2007, 12:22:21 PM »
&mode=related&search=

crazy shit. :o

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
Re: DO ANY OF YOU GUYS TRAIN THIS HARD??????????
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 12:28:11 PM »
no.  not even close

cheque drops baby!!!!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 12:29:44 PM »
yes, just not as many drugs/stimulants...
you've pulled 795 for 2 and a half reps?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 12:33:37 PM »
you asked if i worked out as hard...i do...but i cannot do 795x2...my best was 500 at end of workout w/ no equipment
yeah i kind of meant weight plus intensity, i have no doubt that you train extremely hard but this is absolutely insane. :o

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 12:35:34 PM »
nahh, i trained w/ Rasmussion before and their intensity/"hardness" is not all that
yeah i think that strength comes so easy to those guys that it looks almost effortless at times.

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 12:38:57 PM »
&mode=related&search=

crazy shit. :o

The guy trains hard but he's wrecking his back.  That's a ruptured disc waiting to happen.  The high blood pressure from popping halos like candy doesn't help either.  I'll pray for him.  

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 12:39:37 PM »
is the question if i with a nosebleed has jerked the weight only to end up failing to complete the rep and dropping it to the ground?
the answer is no
Z

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 12:40:33 PM »
i think you could do it if you took up their style of training -- using lots of implements such as getting yourself a stone, big tire, etc...and doing lots of full body movements like power cleans, etc. Some have an advantage cuz of height - like Phil Phister, but I don't consider myself anything special genetically and was able to keep up w/ them ok.

With who???
w

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 12:40:37 PM »
i think you could do it if you took up their style of training -- using lots of implements such as getting yourself a stone, big tire, etc...and doing lots of full body movements like power cleans, etc. Some have an advantage cuz of height - like Phil Phister, but I don't consider myself anything special genetically and was able to keep up w/ them ok.
i've actually done two local level strongman meets here in STL, we used to train the events every Saturday and just lift weights during the week, eventually was using 215 pound tanks for the farmers, lifting the number 3 stone to chest level, doing a 650 pound tire flip and push pressing a 270 pound log.

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 12:43:36 PM »
Ahola had some great traps, good physique for a strongman.  You still see him helping out at a lot of strongman shows.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 12:45:38 PM »
see...easy...just requires practice
funniest thing was that the guys who were the best at that shit weren't necessarily the biggest gym lifters but they were awesome at the events.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 12:52:35 PM »
Flemming Rasmussion @ '98 WSM in Morocco

Ok, timeout.  Now, it certainly is possible, but you are making one heck of a claim.  What is your name?  Have we ever seen any pictures of you or video?
w

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 12:54:43 PM »
most intense trainer i ever saw was a guy who weighed about a buck twenty mother fvcker put everything into every set.

saw him a couple of years later was about 30lbs heavier still didn't look fvck all but had come a hundred miles through effort alone.

thats what bodybuilding is, not the genetic freaks pulling massive weight and looking huge, its the little guys winning the battle every time they go to the gym
T

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 12:57:06 PM »
Ok, timeout.  Now, it certainly is possible, but you are making one heck of a claim.  What is your name?  Have we ever seen any pictures of you or video?
he didn't claim that he was a competitior he said that he was there training with those guys, i believe he's said that he was a stand in in case someone got hurt or something, garrateh was a big dude then 6'2' and probably 285-290 pounds.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 12:57:45 PM »
most intense trainer i ever saw was a guy who weighed about a buck twenty mother fvcker put everything into every set.

saw him a couple of years later was about 30lbs heavier still didn't look fvck all but had come a hundred miles through effort alone.

thats what bodybuilding is, not the genetic freaks pulling massive weight and looking huge, its the little guys winning the battle every time they go to the gym
totally agree with you.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 12:59:24 PM »

settle down Animal Pak.
Deep Tissue Massage

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 02:07:01 PM »
I bet 95% of you never actually used sled dragging or tire flipping, let alone half of the shit strongman competitors do.  Drag a sled with only 2 plates on it for 100 yards and then you can see what intense training is.  Just because you guys said you did a few workouts with some strongman competitors doesnt mean shit.  Jouko Ahola regardless of steroids was one of the smallest people ever to win in worldwide strongman comp.  I'd say he probably trained harder than anyone on here, me included.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 03:35:28 PM »
I bet 95% of you never actually used sled dragging or tire flipping, let alone half of the shit strongman competitors do.  Drag a sled with only 2 plates on it for 100 yards and then you can see what intense training is.  Just because you guys said you did a few workouts with some strongman competitors doesnt mean shit.  Jouko Ahola regardless of steroids was one of the smallest people ever to win in worldwide strongman comp.  I'd say he probably trained harder than anyone on here, me included.
hahahahaha, no "hangclean" you're the only guy in the world besides the pro competitors who has ever trained hard....BTW me and a couple of friends who were training strongman used to drag a 500 pound sled as part of the medley event, let's see a picture of some of your intense training you huge monster. ;D

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »
The guy trains hard but he's wrecking his back.  That's a ruptured disc waiting to happen. 

agreed!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 04:43:29 PM »

wah wah wah if you don't train strongman you don't train hard. we could throw the same accusation at you if you've never done oly lifting. or if you've never gone through the insanity that is a college wrestling practice. hooray, you drag a sled or flip tires. try a ladder series of doing nonstop grappling matches for 1 minute, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 with a different opponent each time, rest a minute, then repeat the whole thing and you'll see "what intense training is".

::)

to answer the question, i've gotten a nosebleed before. also burst vessels in one eye. however, i've since learned not to do that so much, since it didn't really do anything except leave me real beat up.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 05:06:19 PM »
Firday night back workout...LA Fitness in Mongomeryville, Pa...since it is LA Fitness, they think I am crazy for how I train....back workout...225x10 315x10 405x8 455x3 475x3 495x3...no belt, no drugs, conevntional style, both hands over with wraps, pause on the gorund for each rep. Not quite this guy, but I went home happy. The poeple in thier spandex llok at me like I am out of my friggin mind when I train there...funny shit really.
$

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 05:07:33 PM »
Firday night back workout...LA Fitness in Mongomeryville, Pa...since it is LA Fitness, they think I am crazy for how I train....back workout...225x10 315x10 405x8 455x3 475x3 495x3...no belt, no drugs, conevntional style, both hands over with wraps, pause on the gorund for each rep. Not quite this guy, but I went home happy. The poeple in thier spandex llok at me like I am out of my friggin mind when I train there...funny shit really.
good lifting.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2007, 05:55:34 PM »
good lifting.

Thanks...I haven't been working on my squating though. I'd be lucky to do 405 for 8 on the squat right now...weak for me. I did bench 350 the other night though after not flat benching for about 3 months. You know how it is...ups and downs.
$

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2007, 11:14:02 PM »
i've actually done two local level strongman meets here in STL, we used to train the events every Saturday and just lift weights during the week, eventually was using 215 pound tanks for the farmers, lifting the number 3 stone to chest level, doing a 650 pound tire flip and push pressing a 270 pound log.

why does every fat guy claim he is a strong man? ::)

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 12:33:09 AM »
why does every fat guy claim he is a strong man? ::)

They don't, some claim to be powerlifters or rugby players...the latter is my excuse  :P