Author Topic: Need Your opinion  (Read 3324 times)

Rhino290

Need Your opinion
« on: April 23, 2007, 05:40:09 AM »
Hey all my getbig bros....Listen, serious question for you.

I recently got a job offer as Vice President of sales for a very large corporation. I won't name the name yet, but was wondering...Should I take a job that is a 2 hour drive each way, to make twice as much money????  That's 4 hours a day ion the car....What do you think?

Can't make up mind, thought I would throw it out there.

Jack

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
Re: Need Your opinion
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 05:47:10 AM »
Please tell me you have other people in your life who can give you advice rather than getting it from here!!

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 05:47:28 AM »
IMO, you're going to need to find a way to make that 2 hour drive work for you, if the job will work.

Use it for things you'd normally do at home or office - eat, shave, write 'to do' lists, listen to a spanish CD to learn a second language, listen to finance radio...

I dunno.  You'll be losing 1/6 of the day you're used to having.  Toss in the contest prep and it'll be rough, IMO.

But, if the job is gonna make enough $ to retire ten years sooner, then by all means tough it out then get the yacht and retire at 50...

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:57:54 AM »
Are you saying the opionions expressed on this board are meaningless?????

Yes you're a good guy with his head screwed on why would you need the opinion of us internet imbeciles?

People always lie through their teeth have agenda's here etc, I would weigh the options and decide yourself or with the people that matter in your life

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 05:58:00 AM »
Factor in how much your going to be spending on gas plus 4 hours worth of your time each day and the double in pay I bet is a lot less. Is there any way you can split the time at a new job and telecommute?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 06:00:16 AM »
Move closer to the job....

Hope this helps.
I

ohiobbfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 06:17:05 AM »
take the job bro , more money better retirement better health care, just buy a suv that sits hi so u can look down in the cars and see what all the tramps are wearing or not wearing great way to meet the next miss rhino crank up the tunes and u will not even mind the ride

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 06:28:46 AM »
Well, that might be an option as well.....It is NYC!

Well it seems like the obvious choice, why drive so far everyday. My friends mom had a job like that for a while (living around pottstown pa and driving to NYC everyday) but she also isn't a bber, it would be hard to maintain yourself with so little time for yourself. I would move to at least within a hour or less of the place.
I

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 06:43:00 AM »
Well, we are talking about another $150,000
Yea but with the cost of gas plus upkeep and wear and tear and most important time away from your family and stress after the first few paychecks of making that long drive week in and week out. IF the job and the people and the challenge makes you happy then make the choice. Money comes and goes and if it's the only reason you will burn out after you buy some new toys.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 08:11:48 AM »
Funny!! I live 15 minutes from Pottstown, PA. In West Chester, Pa.....small world.

So you must see Bam around the area?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 11:53:18 AM »
Funny!! I live 15 minutes from Pottstown, PA. In West Chester, Pa.....small world.

Yeah I knew you lived nearby, you asked about the guy who own the philly pretzel place named Will D. the owner and I mentioned he works out at my gym sometimes. He has a membership but I havn't seen him for over a month now, I talked to him most times he was around and actually signed him up, never knew he competed though.
I

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 05:16:59 PM »
Hey all my getbig bros....Listen, serious question for you.

I recently got a job offer as Vice President of sales for a very large corporation. I won't name the name yet, but was wondering...Should I take a job that is a 2 hour drive each way, to make twice as much money????  That's 4 hours a day ion the car....What do you think?

Can't make up mind, thought I would throw it out there.

Jack

If your young and hungry enough to hack it - DO IT ;D.  See how it goes, move there if it's a go.
Continuing to live like that suckz IMO. Time down the drain & increased risk on the road that much.
It's doable for awhile. You will have to make some sacrifices (for awhile at least) to pull it off.
Pile up that ca$h while U/R young man!