Author Topic: Cardio necessary with T3/Clen?  (Read 5668 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Cardio necessary with T3/Clen?
« on: April 23, 2007, 11:56:15 AM »
Assuming one has a very clean diet, would cardio be necessary for fat loss if you are also using t3? (As I have read it sends your metabolism out the roof).. Obviously many factors come into play and there is no universal answer, but just didn't wanna lose any more muscle than necessary.... thx

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Cardio necessary with T3/Clen?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 12:16:41 PM »
For losing fat diet and cardio should be your first 2 weapons, things like t-3 should be additives when you need them to help speed up the process.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 12:35:33 PM »
if youre not gonna do cardio for the fat loss....do it for your heart......

be fit from the inside out.....not just show.....

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:09:40 PM »
Limited cardio, even on a bulker, can help the body to get used to carrying the new extra weight.
Need to support the new muscle or lose it.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 07:26:47 PM »
Assuming one has a very clean diet, would cardio be necessary for fat loss if you are also using t3? (As I have read it sends your metabolism out the roof).. Obviously many factors come into play and there is no universal answer, but just didn't wanna lose any more muscle than necessary.... thx

Be careful and watch you progress, if you start to lose weight too fast, cut back on the cardio.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 09:15:12 AM »
For losing fat diet and cardio should be your first 2 weapons, things like t-3 should be additives when you need them to help speed up the process.

I couldn't agree more.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 10:17:29 AM »
Necessary?  If your once of the ultra rare gentic fat loosing freaks then no.  For the rest of us, it is almost essential. 

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 11:13:33 AM »
depends on how much u wanna eat, if u want to practicly starve your self on next to no carbs for months im sure u could get away with no cardio,,,,, ive always beleived in the feed the machine therory, work the fat off

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 07:37:31 PM »

how often should you do cardio?

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 07:51:22 PM »
I do everyday 30min

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 08:27:31 PM »
how often should you do cardio?
Depends on the guy and it depends on how far you want to take it.

I can't give you an exact answer, because I don't know you, and to give an exact answer I'd need to know what I'm dealing with.

For most though, at least a good place to start would be 5x wk 30-45min per session. Low intensity.

Now this is how I do it, not saying you should do it as well, but it's what works for me. I start off with 6wk 45min a day. After a little while I start adding in more sessions, this occurs once fat loss starts to slow down or halts altogether. So obviously, at some point I'll be doing 2 sessions per day, maybe something like 45min in the morning and 30min after I train. If this is enough great, but if I still need more then I'll up the duration on those sessions. if that's not enough, I'll throw in a mid day session...I've never had to add a 3rd session in there, but if I needed it then that's what I'd do.

For you, the above could easily be way too much, I don't know. A buddy of mine who post here every now and then "bigironmike25" last year, he got ripped to the bone doing only 4 sessions wk at 30-45min...towards the end of his diet he was only doing 3 30min sessions. (Mike if you read this and I'm off a little on those #'s, make the changes, but I think that's pretty close) Unlike Mike, most guys cannot get away with such a little amount of cardio, maybe something like 1 out of 100 could pull this off. In Mike's situation, he took his calorie intake down very low though, lower then I think he should have, but it worked out well for him, so there you go.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 08:57:38 PM »

I can't give you an exact answer, because I don't know you, and to give an exact answer I'd need to know what I'm dealing with.

For most though, at least a good place to start would be 5x wk 30-45min per session. Low intensity.

Now this is how I do it, not saying you should do it as well, but it's what works for me. I start off with 6wk 45min a day. After a little while I start adding in more sessions, this occurs once fat loss starts to slow down or halts altogether. So obviously, at some point I'll be doing 2 sessions per day, maybe something like 45min in the morning and 30min after I train. If this is enough great, but if I still need more then I'll up the duration on those sessions. if that's not enough, I'll throw in a mid day session...I've never had to add a 3rd session in there, but if I needed it then that's what I'd do.

For you, the above could easily be way too much, I don't know. A buddy of mine who post here every now and then "bigironmike25" last year, he got ripped to the bone doing only 4 sessions wk at 30-45min...towards the end of his diet he was only doing 3 30min sessions. (Mike if you read this and I'm off a little on those #'s, make the changes, but I think that's pretty close) Unlike Mike, most guys cannot get away with such a little amount of cardio, maybe something like 1 out of 100 could pull this off. In Mike's situation, he took his calorie intake down very low though, lower then I think he should have, but it worked out well for him, so there you go.

cool, thanks for the info.  how do you know if you're doing too much cardio?  I'm sure I'm not right now, but I think I want to add more cardio sessions for more fat loss, but I don't want to overdo it.  Are there any obvious signs that you're overdoing it, or should you just do the minimal amount that still gives you fat loss?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 11:11:34 PM »
cool, thanks for the info.  how do you know if you're doing too much cardio?  I'm sure I'm not right now, but I think I want to add more cardio sessions for more fat loss, but I don't want to overdo it.  Are there any obvious signs that you're overdoing it, or should you just do the minimal amount that still gives you fat loss?
If you experience a dramatic loss in strength, then you're burning too many calories. At that point, you might cut back on the cardio a little or bump up the calories a bit. If you're a bodybuilder, then obviously over all strength is not a huge concern, but it is a decent way to gauge if you're losing too fast.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 04:51:48 AM »
If you experience a dramatic loss in strength, then you're burning too many calories. At that point, you might cut back on the cardio a little or bump up the calories a bit.

I disagree with this.  If you are losing too much size or strength instead of bumping up calories I think it would be better to just decrease the cardio.  More diet less cardio to get in shape.

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 09:24:47 AM »

This is what I do basically, after training walk at a 3.0 mph pace on a treadmill for 45mins.  On days you dont train walk for 45mins outside first thing in the morning after you wake up.  Will make you totally shredded if your diet is in tact.

maffie

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 05:23:29 PM »
Start out with no cardio, check your progress.

If you are losing fat at a good rate(determined solely by yourself), thn you do not need to add cardio.
If you feel you are losing fat a tad too slowly, then yes, throw in some cardio like 30 mins 2-3x aweek.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 05:54:48 PM »
I agree w/ 1st thing in morn w/ empty stomach. Major increase in effect, esp w/ 2ius HGH.
Just outstanding, and fast.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 10:30:39 PM »

this question is 100% equal in value to this question:

Is weightlifting necessary while taking steroids?   no offense boon, but   ::)
ah yeah Im a voodo child

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 03:13:09 AM »

this question is 100% equal in value to this question:

Is weightlifting necessary while taking steroids?   no offense boon, but   ::)

Actually, exercise is NOT necessary to a degree John ;).   There was a study few yrs back w/  4 groups. 1.Steroids & exercise. 2. Steroids only.  3. exercise only.  4.Placebo control group.

Obviously we know group 1 gained most (way more), but group 2 DID gain a significant amt of lean mass, sitting on their ass, pumping the TV Remote and lifting soft drinks ;D. I,m not joking here. In fact, they beat the exercise only group by a significant margin :o Ha!!Ha! ;) ;D Take that you self righteous AssNat's. UR bustin your balls for zip!
Placebo group didnt do jack of course. (I hope this weren't tax money)

Also, when you consider how well some guys do 1st cycle, its not hard to believe that some guys could gain
way more on a 1st cycle doing NO exercise than a very experienced steroid user close to their bodys limit.
Suckz Dont it? (esp if your a Natty)

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 05:42:20 AM »
I disagree with this.  If you are losing too much size or strength instead of bumping up calories I think it would be better to just decrease the cardio.  More diet less cardio to get in shape.

Yes, certainly don't think about decreasing the amount of metabolic enhancers you're taking.