Author Topic: "Phil Heath has the perfect physique"  (Read 8206 times)

AVBG

"Phil Heath has the perfect physique"
« on: April 23, 2007, 11:13:05 PM »

That's right folks.  Those are the exact words spoken by the IFBB Head Judge on PBW. 

Looks like Phil is in the drivers seat..whaddaya reckon?...

Is Phil in your opinion the heir apparent??

Alex23

Re: "Phil Heath has the perfect physique"
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:24:50 PM »

That's right folks.  Those are the exact words spoken by the IFBB Head Judge on PBW. 

Looks like Phil is in the drivers seat..whaddaya reckon?...

Is Phil in your opinion the heir apparent??

Near perfect. Without too much enhencements either. Best arms in years. Again without enhancements. ;D

Only thing he needs to work on is his width.

Seem getbig "experts" (oh brother) have complained about his pect insertions; I disagree and not a matter of being "marked down" either for that. Didn't do a Flex article about chest development last year anyway  ::)

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 11:48:53 PM »
I wouldn't say " Perfect " , but I would say he's pretty damn close. But, then again, to each his own. I wish Phil all the best.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 01:42:53 AM »
"Phil Heath has the perfect physique...

...for smuggling lizards out of south america"

Now you try!!

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 02:39:37 PM »
Near perfect. Without too much enhencements either. Best arms in years. Again without enhancements. ;D

Only thing he needs to work on is his width.

Seem getbig "experts" (oh brother) have complained about his pect insertions; I disagree and not a matter of being "marked down" either for that. Didn't do a Flex article about chest development last year anyway  ::)

In light of Rockell's comments, has Phil become a frontrunner at the O?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 02:41:47 PM »
I don't think Phil will ever win the Mr. Olympia; he will face the same problems Flex did. Even if Phil gets in his best shape, there will always be someone bigger and harder.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 04:04:29 PM »
i have to agree. you can't find to much wrong with him that time will not eventually fix
irongearco.com

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 04:19:48 PM »
lol Rockell has been placing guys like Chick and Farrah in that same category for years.  His "judging" is directly related to how thick his pockets get padded.

affy

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 04:25:50 PM »
lol Rockell has been placing guys like Chick and Farrah in that same category for years.  His "judging" is directly related to how thick his pockets get padded.

or how nicely his pole is polished (no G4P)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 04:58:41 PM »
Phil has the perfect physique?

I guess judges feel that an imperfect physique is much better seeing as Phil placed out of first at his last contest.

Maybe someone should check the judges dictionary for the definition of "perfect."

::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 05:55:13 PM »
Define "perfect".  I would have an NPC level Frank Zane lookalike winning the Olympia if it was based on perfection in some mainstream sense.  As it is, I generally agree with the current judging.  How else did you expect bodybuilding to evolve?

The current judging allows GH guts, as long as they don't "overpower" the rest of the physique, according to Rockell.   ::)

This is one time I agree with Bob Chick...  GH gut = marked way down, out of the money.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 12:28:13 AM »
Phil has the perfect physique?

I guess judges feel that an imperfect physique is much better seeing as Phil placed out of first at his last contest.

Maybe someone should check the judges dictionary for the definition of "perfect."

::)

Maybe you should actually listen to what Jim said and in what context before making a comment...

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 02:52:33 AM »
Well said Chick

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 03:32:59 AM »
In light of Rockell's comments, has Phil become a frontrunner at the O?
Future Mr.Olympia within 2 or 3 years ,if Phil keep trainning harder.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 03:38:44 AM »
The Olympia is so overrated.  We get more support at our local football game on the weekends than the Olympia gets on  its trophy-night in Vegas.

Phil, stay healthy, give up the gear and dont worry about this useless and meaningless award. 

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 04:28:06 AM »
didn't listen to it but I'll say this:  if the IFBB and BB in general was smart they would begin to look at guys like Heath, Dugdale, Rockell and similar physiques and give them a little "push".  When you look at a physique and remember how they are "supposed" to be judged guys like that fit the bill more than alot of the "mass monsters" out there.  I know alot of you guys are young but back in the 80's and early 90's BB was actually on TV on a semi regular basis and BB was actually gaining momentum.  Now it's  ::) ::) ::)

Simple fact:  Joe Average work out guy doesn't want to look like Ronnie and is in no way willing to do what it takes to try to look like Ronnie but if you have a physique that's pleasing to the eye you're gonna get alot more people interested in the "sport".
nasser=piece of shit

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 07:27:14 AM »
Maybe you should actually listen to what Jim said and in what context before making a comment...

Sorry Chick, I was just going by what the guys on here said. And my post was  from more of a satirical angle, than anything.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 07:34:51 AM »
Fair enough. It was a form of satire.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 07:58:18 AM »
he's got nothing on martinez.
Z

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 08:02:42 AM »
Martinez is a convicted felon who has done time in 'the can'.  He  is serving out probation and lives under constant surveillance by the DEA.  He has a history of violence and drug abuse.  On the hand Phil Heath is your regular nice guy

From the above, it is easy to make the case that Phil will always have it over Victor!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »

If that were the case, I would have turned pro way back in '89 when I took second in the USA by 2 points...If anything, Jim judged me harder BECAUSE we were from the same gym and friends...

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 08:52:26 AM »
Except for the shape of his pecs, I'd say his muscle shapes/bellies/tie-ins are damn near perfect. He really does have a lot of potential but he needs to watch that waistline as his obliques could get too thick if he's not careful. Still, best physique shape of anyone since Flex W.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 03:28:08 PM »
If that were the case, I would have turned pro way back in '89 when I took second in the USA by 2 points...If anything, Jim judged me harder BECAUSE we were from the same gym and friends...

So that's the new excuse now Chick? "I got 2nd because 1 of the judges and i were friends from the same gym"  ;D
#

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 03:29:45 PM »

:'(
P

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 03:41:49 PM »
Except for the shape of his pecs, I'd say his muscle shapes/bellies/tie-ins are damn near perfect. He really does have a lot of potential but he needs to watch that waistline as his obliques could get too thick if he's not careful. Still, best physique shape of anyone since Flex W.

Very good point, his obliques are already protruding, I'm afraid that if he will add more size they will get out of control.