Author Topic: 7 months of training, need some advice  (Read 5425 times)

enerlevel

• Getbig II
7 months of training, need some advice
« on: April 24, 2007, 06:22:13 AM »
heylo all
           a little info about me .
i am 23 years old doing my graduation. my basic sleep is 5 hours (night sleep) and mayb  2-3 hours in the afternoon (somtimes). my diet is mainly anything i get my hands on .  nothing specfic. i have been training since the past 7 months regular. mainly one muscle a day 7 days aweek.
Height : 5 feet 9 inch.
waist  :  34"
chest :  44"
arms  : 16.5"
sets  : 3-4
reps  : 12 each

after looking at the pics, wat do u ppl suggest me to do ?  shall i go for cardio and slim down ? or shall i just continue with my routine since 7 months is pretty less ?   plz help me with all the info u ppl have any kind of comments will b wellcomed since i am just a noob......

enerlevel

• Getbig II
Re: 7 months of training, need some advice
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 06:35:05 AM »
some more

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 08:53:35 AM »
looks ok. You need to lose some fat.

Oh and please stop painting tattos on your arm with a felt pen, it looks absolutely idiotic.

enerlevel

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 08:57:47 AM »
thanks for the reply. so shall i just continue with my normal exercise program for now or shall i start cardio?  and  shall i got for heavy weights low reps  or  medium weights high reps exercises?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 09:04:41 AM »
Your diet is the weak point.

Eating "mainly anything i get my hands on .  nothing specfic." is not good. Get a good diet together, read the forum. Go for 6-8 reps in 4 sets for starters. Change this every 6-8 weeks.

Oh and Cardio is a must if you have no clue about nutrition.  ;)
2-3 times a week 30-45 minutes.

enerlevel

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 09:06:49 AM »
so cardio includes????      shall i just cycle till like 20 mins?  or run on the thread for 40 mins?  or wat?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 09:11:23 AM »
so cardio includes????      shall i just cycle till like 20 mins?  or run on the thread for 40 mins?  or wat?

Don't make this rocket science, kiddo.
You can play basketball with your friends if you want, thing is you should move. You can cycle 30mins, run the treadmill for 30mins, row for 30mins, whatever you want.
If you do basketball or martial arts or whatever for cardio, make it 1 hour.

You need a proper nutrition, that's the key. lots of lean protein, some complex carbs like brown rice or oatmeal and some good omega3 fatty acids.

enerlevel

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 02:11:26 PM »
shall i got for  low reps heavy or  high reps medium weights??

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 11:13:36 PM »
shall i got for  low reps heavy or  high reps medium weights??

Rome wasn't build in one day.

You will have to do both. Since you are only training for 7 month, i would suggest that if you have an experienced training partner, you should go heavy with proper form, if you train alone, do medium weights with prper form.

For a natural, anything that is not super straight and correct form will lead to nothing but injuries.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 11:20:30 AM »
here's some advice I'll give a new guy....first thing first is shore up your diet as said above.  Diet is a HUGE part of the picture.  Second look at your routine and get rid of the "fat" on it.  Heavy compound movements are the way to go.  LEARN to train hard, you can't just do it cause you decided to.  I train alot harder now than I did 10 years ago and back then I thought I buried everybody.  Learn about recovery, read some things that are out of the norm, go read some of Metzer's stuff, read Darden's stuff, Jones stuff...even if you decide not to use any of thier methods it'll open your mind as to different techniques than the ones talked about in FLEX and MD.  Don't try to train like the pro's...more is not better...

I could go on for days.
nasser=piece of shit

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 03:48:26 PM »
not a bad start dude!  8)

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 02:12:02 AM »
here's some advice I'll give a new guy....first thing first is shore up your diet as said above.  Diet is a HUGE part of the picture.  Second look at your routine and get rid of the "fat" on it.  Heavy compound movements are the way to go.  LEARN to train hard, you can't just do it cause you decided to.  I train alot harder now than I did 10 years ago and back then I thought I buried everybody.  Learn about recovery, read some things that are out of the norm, go read some of Metzer's stuff, read Darden's stuff, Jones stuff...even if you decide not to use any of thier methods it'll open your mind as to different techniques than the ones talked about in FLEX and MD.  Don't try to train like the pro's...more is not better...

I agree 100%, stick to the big compound movements and forget about the weight till you get the technique down. And yeah mate you are what you eat so get a good diet plan in place, you don't have to be weighing this and that etc but I'd imagine you need to up the protein and drop the carbs and fat a little. But yeah mate just stay with it, you are getting a real good base going there  :).