Author Topic: Masculinity is now to blame for school shootings  (Read 1521 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Masculinity is now to blame for school shootings
« on: April 24, 2007, 12:24:37 PM »
According to many people, although it does not get media time, masculinity is the cause of the school shootings that normalizes violence on the part of males.  I just finished listening to a guest lecture on it and frankly I think that blaming male socialization is poor because men across a number of societies act this way and frankly there is nothing wrong with males being aggressive.  Some people simply take it too far and become violent which is not okay but I don't think men are "trained to kill" from a young age.
Squishy face retard

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Masculinity is now to blame for school shootings
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 12:27:49 PM »
This shit did not happen years ago at the frequency as it does now because male children have been immasculated and those normal urges..rough-housing, playing with guns...fun stuff......has all been supressed at a young age.  These kids end up blowing when they get older.
L

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:29:13 PM »
That's more of what I thought because we used to fight on school grounds and at home and it was normal and fine.  Getting aggression out can be fine, bottling it up is unhealthy IMO.
Squishy face retard

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 12:31:36 PM »
That's more of what I thought because we used to fight on school grounds and at home and it was normal and fine.  Getting aggression out can be fine, bottling it up is unhealthy IMO.
Do any kids and i'm talking 18-25 actually fight with fists anymore?
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 12:37:02 PM »
no..its weird. I was a bouncer while in school and Vt (of all places) has or had a very liberal concealed carry law. Sunday nights were our hiphop night...plenty of wannabe ganbangers with small weapons..unreal.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 01:29:24 PM »
According to many people, although it does not get media time, masculinity is the cause of the school shootings that normalizes violence on the part of males.  I just finished listening to a guest lecture on it and frankly I think that blaming male socialization is poor because men across a number of societies act this way and frankly there is nothing wrong with males being aggressive.  Some people simply take it too far and become violent which is not okay but I don't think men are "trained to kill" from a young age.

that's plain stupid.   Watch, now well see a bunch of pacifists campaigning to put everyone in anger management classes and put a 100% ban on violence on TV.   We won;t be able to watch tom and Jerry cartoons.

What is it with people always trying to fix blame on stupid shit?   The guy went nuts.  Period.  He was mentally unbalanced and lost it.  It has nothing to do with being a man.  If that were true things like this would happen 1000's of times a day.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 01:41:10 PM »
Let me guess.................th is was assumed by the NOW organization. ;D

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 01:51:24 PM »
female violence has been on the rise for the last 10 years,, while overall male violence is decreasing

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 02:10:07 PM »
female violence has been on the rise for the last 10 years,, while overall male violence is decreasing
Yea and when someone asked about that he still said that males were the problem.  He has a minor in Women's Studies BTW.  I was so turned off by it because male socialization is not the problem, poor parenting and a lack of will to fight with fists is an increasing problem.  Mr. Cho got picked on in HS and was a loner, he took it out on college kids.  To talk about bullying as a male-only problem is naive.
Squishy face retard

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 02:22:44 PM »
Yea and when someone asked about that he still said that males were the problem.  He has a minor in Women's Studies BTW.  I was so turned off by it because male socialization is not the problem, poor parenting and a lack of will to fight with fists is an increasing problem.  Mr. Cho got picked on in HS and was a loner, he took it out on college kids.  To talk about bullying as a male-only problem is naive.

yeah a large part of the violece of women is 'women violence on women'  was documented when domestic spousal abuse groups were doing some studing in texas, kinda shook things up abit, ruined their documentation, even though it wa supposed to be non bias moey was coming in...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 03:24:24 PM »
I heard this on CNN, one of the emails read blamed "male machismo" for the killings.  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 03:50:01 PM »
Okay, the twerps who have done on these shootings were being pushed around, couldn't get laid for the life of them. They were far from the "masculine ideal". I think that they were mad that they were not masculine enough.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 05:35:10 PM »
Okay, the twerps who have done on these shootings were being pushed around, couldn't get laid for the life of them. They were far from the "masculine ideal". I think that they were mad that they were not masculine enough.

Spot on..

Males aren't macho enough these days. Now I'm not talking about drunken fights or being stupid, but taking responsibility and living your life with integrity and honor. These days you see too many guys that act like women and talk in pansy voices and wear designer clothes.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 05:42:06 PM »
See this is my point.  Masculinity cannot be to blame because a real man would suck it up and move on with his life and not have to resort to guns to "solve" the problem.  Most guys get picked on and most do not kill.  If he really had a problem with rich kids then he should have left his environment.  Honestly though, the guy was a loony stalker; how did he expect to have people treat him?  Not getting hot pussy is no reason to kill but people blame things like male socialization.  Like Parker and CJ said, a real man would deal with shit and if he wanted to duke it out then do it. 
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 01:17:56 AM »
I don't think he stood a chance. He had MKUltra written all over him. I thought it at the time,
...but didn't want to say it, ...but now that others have come forward, ...I'm willing to admit these are my impressions.
w

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 05:00:42 AM »

You know what, and the females actually fight with their fists. Dudes now go get a weapon. It used to be girls used to go get a weapon, now it is okay for a dude to go get one. ???

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 08:34:41 AM »

What was masculine about that Cho kid?