Author Topic: Treasonous Republicans claim we shouldn't undermine Bush now. Yet somehow.....  (Read 3071 times)

Purge_WTF

Here's what Republicans said about Clinton and Kosovo

Why did they second-guess our commitment to freedom from genocide and demand that we cut and run?

"President Clinton is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be
away from home. These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy."

-Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"No goal, no objective, not until we have those things and a compelling case is made, then I say, back out of it, because innocent people are going to die for nothing. That's why I'm against it."

-Sean Hannity, Fox News, 4/5/99

"American foreign policy is now one huge big mystery. Simply put, the administration is trying to lead the world with a feel-good foreign policy."

-Representative Tom Delay (R-TX)

"If we are going to commit American troops, we must be certain they have a clear mission, an achievable goal and an exit strategy."

-Karen Hughes, speaking on behalf of presidential candidate George W. Bush

Why did they demoralize our brave men and women in uniform?

"I had doubts about the bombing campaign from the beginning...I didn't think we had done enough in the diplomatic area."

-Senator Trent Lott (R-MS)

"You think Vietnam was bad? Vietnam is nothing next to Kosovo."

-Tony Snow, Fox News 3/24/99

"Well, I just think it's a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years"

-Joe Scarborough (R-FL)

"I'm on the Senate Intelligence Committee, so you can trust me and believe me when I say we're running out of cruise missles. I can't tell you exactly how many we have left, for security reasons, but we're almost out of cruise missles."

-Senator Inhofe (R-OK )

"I cannot support a failed foreign policy. History teaches us that it is often easier to make war than peace. This administration is just learning that lesson right now. The President began this mission with very vague objectives and lots of unanswered questions. A month later, these questions are still unanswered. There are no clarifiedrules of engagement. There is no timetable. There is no legitimate definition of victory. There is no contingency plan for mission creep. There is no clear funding program. There is no agenda to bolster our overextended military. There is no explanation defining what vital national interests are at stake. There was no strategic plan for war when the President started this thing, and there still is no plan today"

"I don't know that Milosevic will ever raise a white flag"

-Senator Don Nickles (R-OK)

"Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?"

-Sean Hannity, Fox News, 4/6/99

Why didn't they support our president in a time of war?

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."

-Governor George W. Bush (R-TX)

"This is President Clinton's war, and when he falls flat on his face, that's his problem."

-Senator Richard Lugar (R-IN)

"The two powers that have ICBMs that can reach the United States are Russia and China. Here we go in. We're taking on not just Milosevic. We can't just say, 'that little guy, we can whip him.' We have these two other powers that have missiles that can reach us, and we have zero defense thanks to this president."

-Senator James Inhofe (R-OK)

"You can support the troops but not the president"

"My job as majority leader is be supportive of our troops, try to have input as decisions are made and to look at those decisions after they're made ... not to march in lock step with everything the president decides to do."

For us to call this a victory and to commend the President of the United States as the Commander in Chief showing great leadership in Operation Allied Force is a farce"

Why did they blame America first?

Bombing a sovereign nation for ill-defined reasons with vague objectives undermines the American stature in the world. The international respect and trust for America has diminished every time we casually let the bombs fly."

"Once the bombing commenced, I think then Milosevic unleashed his forces, and then that's when the slaughtering and the massive ethnic cleansing really started"

"Clinton's bombing campaign has caused all of these problems to explode"

"America has no vital interest in whose flag flies over Kosovo's capital, and no right to attack and kill Serb soldiers fighting on their own soil to preserve the territorial integrity of their own country"

-Pat Buchanan (R)

"These international war criminals were led by Gen. Wesley Clark ...who clicked his shiny heels for the commander-in-grief, Bill Clinton."

-Michael Savage

"This has been an unmitigated disaster ... Ask the Chinese embassy. Ask all the people in Belgrade that we've killed. Ask the refugees that we've killed. Ask the people in nursing homes. Ask the people in hospitals."

-Representative Joe Scarborough (R-FL)

"It is a remarkable spectacle to see the Clinton Administration and NATO taking over from the Soviet Union the role of sponsoring "wars of national liberation."

-Representative Helen Chenoweth (R-ID)

"By the order to launch air strikes against Serbia, NATO and President Clinton have entered uncharted territory in mankind's history. Not even Hitler's grab of the Sudetenland in the 1930s, which eventually led to WW II, ranks as a comparable travesty. For, there are no American interests whatsoever that the NATO bombing will
either help, or protect; only needless risks to which it exposes the American soldiers and assets, not to mention the victims on the ground in Serbia."

-Bob Djurdjevic, founder of Truth in Media

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
LOL!!

"Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?"

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
Here's what Republicans said about Clinton and Kosovo

Why did they second-guess our commitment to freedom from genocide and demand that we cut and run?

"President Clinton is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be
away from home. These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy."

-Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"No goal, no objective, not until we have those things and a compelling case is made, then I say, back out of it, because innocent people are going to die for nothing. That's why I'm against it."

-Sean Hannity, Fox News, 4/5/99

"American foreign policy is now one huge big mystery. Simply put, the administration is trying to lead the world with a feel-good foreign policy."

"If we are going to commit American troops, we must be certain they have a clear mission, an achievable goal and an exit strategy."

-Karen Hughes, speaking on behalf of presidential candidate George W. Bush

Why did they demoralize our brave men and women in uniform?

"I had doubts about the bombing campaign from the beginning...I didn't think we had done enough in the diplomatic area."

"You think Vietnam was bad? Vietnam is nothing next to Kosovo."

-Tony Snow, Fox News 3/24/99

"Well, I just think it's a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years"

-Joe Scarborough (R-FL)

"I'm on the Senate Intelligence Committee, so you can trust me and believe me when I say we're running out of cruise missles. I can't tell you exactly how many we have left, for security reasons, but we're almost out of cruise missles."

-Senator Inhofe (R-OK )

"I cannot support a failed foreign policy. History teaches us that it is often easier to make war than peace. This administration is just learning that lesson right now. The President began this mission with very vague objectives and lots of unanswered questions. A month later, these questions are still unanswered. There are no clarifiedrules of engagement. There is no timetable. There is no legitimate definition of victory. There is no contingency plan for mission creep. There is no clear funding program. There is no agenda to bolster our overextended military. There is no explanation defining what vital national interests are at stake. There was no strategic plan for war when the President started this thing, and there still is no plan today"

"I don't know that Milosevic will ever raise a white flag"

Why didn't they support our president in a time of war?

"This is President Clinton's war, and when he falls flat on his face, that's his problem."

-Senator Richard Lugar (R-IN)

"The two powers that have ICBMs that can reach the United States are Russia and China. Here we go in. We're taking on not just Milosevic. We can't just say, 'that little guy, we can whip him.' We have these two other powers that have missiles that can reach us, and we have zero defense thanks to this president."

-Senator James Inhofe (R-OK)

"You can support the troops but not the president"

"My job as majority leader is be supportive of our troops, try to have input as decisions are made and to look at those decisions after they're made ... not to march in lock step with everything the president decides to do."

For us to call this a victory and to commend the President of the United States as the Commander in Chief showing great leadership in Operation Allied Force is a farce"

Why did they blame America first?

Bombing a sovereign nation for ill-defined reasons with vague objectives undermines the American stature in the world. The international respect and trust for America has diminished every time we casually let the bombs fly."

"Once the bombing commenced, I think then Milosevic unleashed his forces, and then that's when the slaughtering and the massive ethnic cleansing really started"

"Clinton's bombing campaign has caused all of these problems to explode"

"America has no vital interest in whose flag flies over Kosovo's capital, and no right to attack and kill Serb soldiers fighting on their own soil to preserve the territorial integrity of their own country"

-Pat Buchanan (R)

"These international war criminals were led by Gen. Wesley Clark ...who clicked his shiny heels for the commander-in-grief, Bill Clinton."

-Michael Savage

"This has been an unmitigated disaster ... Ask the Chinese embassy. Ask all the people in Belgrade that we've killed. Ask the refugees that we've killed. Ask the people in nursing homes. Ask the people in hospitals."

-Representative Joe Scarborough (R-FL)

"It is a remarkable spectacle to see the Clinton Administration and NATO taking over from the Soviet Union the role of sponsoring "wars of national liberation."

-Representative Helen Chenoweth (R-ID)

"By the order to launch air strikes against Serbia, NATO and President Clinton have entered uncharted territory in mankind's history. Not even Hitler's grab of the Sudetenland in the 1930s, which eventually led to WW II, ranks as a comparable travesty. For, there are no American interests whatsoever that the NATO bombing will
either help, or protect; only needless risks to which it exposes the American soldiers and assets, not to mention the victims on the ground in Serbia."

-Bob Djurdjevic, founder of Truth in Media

Bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Doom disapproves.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
So you are suprised that Politicians double talk?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Bwahhaahhhhaaaaaa.

I'm shocked that those blowhards are also hypocrites.

It's also interesting to see the lack of responses from the board neotaints. I remember reading quite a few posts from our resident neotaints stating how un-American we all were for criticizing this war. Some neotaints even told a few posters to leave the country. 

This thread qualifies for a

CRICKETS

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Fucking hypocrites..  ::)

teh funny!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Excellent post outlining the hypocrisy called "Politics" and the drones who align themselves to one ideology.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
Speaking of hypocrites:

"Saddam Hussein certainly has chemical and biological weapons.  There's no question about that."  

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (Democrat, California)
   During an interview on "Meet The Press"
   November 17, 2002

"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."  

Former President Clinton
   During an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live"
   July 22, 2003

"Dear Mr. President:  

The events of September 11 have highlighted the vulnerability of the United States to determined terrorists. As we work to clean up Afghanistan and destroy al Qaeda, it is imperative that we plan to eliminate the threat from Iraq.  

This December will mark three years since United Nations inspectors last visited Iraq. There is no doubt that since that time, Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs.  

The threat from Iraq is real, and it cannot be permanently contained. For as long as Saddam Hussein is in power in Baghdad, he will seek to acquire weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them. We have no doubt that these deadly weapons are intended for use against the United States and its allies. Consequently, we believe we must directly confront Saddam, sooner rather than later.  

Mr. President, all indications are that in the interest of our own national security, Saddam Hussein must be removed from power."    
Sincerely,  

Congressman Harold Ford (Democrat, Tennessee)
      Senator Bob Graham (Democrat, Florida)
      Congressman Tom Lantos (Democrat, California)
      Senator Joseph Lieberman (Democrat, Connecticut)

Letter to President Bush
December 5, 2001

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
How cute, a neotaint is furiously searching for Democratic hypocrites while completely ignoring the hypocrisy of the Republicans.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
How cute, a neotaint is furiously searching for Democratic hypocrites while completely ignoring the hypocrisy of the Republicans.

again with the labels...did you see this? "So you are suprised that Politicians double talk?"

I think all politicians are slimy, just suprised you all acted like only the Repubs are the ones doing it.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
again with the labels...did you see this? "So you are suprised that Politicians double talk?"

I think all politicians are slimy, just suprised you all acted like only the Repubs are the ones doing it.

You made a post criticizing Democratic Politicians for being hypocritical yet never once mentioned anything about Republicans being hypocrites.

Your only mention of it was "So you are surprised Politicians double talk?"

Notice how there isn't even a mention of the political party or individual Republican politicians yet you certainly focused on the political party and individual politicians when you made your post ridiculing Democrats.

Hell, you didn't even mention the incredible hypocrisy of Bush, all you were concerned with is criticizing the Democrats.

Yep, no reason to label you.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
You made a post criticizing Democratic Politicians for being hypocritical yet never once mentioned anything about Republicans being hypocrites.

Your only mention of it was "So you are surprised Politicians double talk?"

Notice how there isn't even a mention of the political party or individual Republican politicians yet you certainly focused on the political party and individual politicians when you made your post ridiculing Democrats.

Hell, you didn't even mention the incredible hypocrisy of Bush, all you were concerned with is criticizing the Democrats.

Yep, no reason to label you.

Wow, so show me where I made a post about Dems being hypocritical. I'm new here lets see what kind of readers I am dealing with

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
If I came on here and all people were doing is pointing out how the Dems were hypocrits, I would have posted the quotes made by republicans. It just struck me funny that I blamed all politicians, and you guys acted like the GOP was the only ones making asses of themselves. So I like to bring both sides. You need to settle down a little.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Wow, so show me where I made a post about Dems being hypocritical. I'm new here lets see what kind of readers I am dealing with

Do you have a short term memory problem? You posted this about 10 minutes ago.  ::)

Speaking of hypocrites:

"Saddam Hussein certainly has chemical and biological weapons.  There's no question about that." 

During an interview on "Meet The Press"
   November 17, 2002

"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons." 

Former President Clinton
   During an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live"
   July 22, 2003

"Dear Mr. President: 

The events of September 11 have highlighted the vulnerability of the United States to determined terrorists. As we work to clean up Afghanistan and destroy al Qaeda, it is imperative that we plan to eliminate the threat from Iraq. 

This December will mark three years since United Nations inspectors last visited Iraq. There is no doubt that since that time, Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. 

The threat from Iraq is real, and it cannot be permanently contained. For as long as Saddam Hussein is in power in Baghdad, he will seek to acquire weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them. We have no doubt that these deadly weapons are intended for use against the United States and its allies. Consequently, we believe we must directly confront Saddam, sooner rather than later. 

Mr. President, all indications are that in the interest of our own national security, Saddam Hussein must be removed from power."   
Sincerely,   
Letter to President Bush
December 5, 2001

OzmO

• Getbig V

sorry to jump in here but:

Speaking of hypocrites:

Former President Clinton

Now I'm a recovering skim reader, so i might be wrong, but didn't you just give 6 dems as an example of hypocrisy?

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
my memory is fine, I know what I posted, it was only to show both sides. I never argued that the Republicans didn't say those other things. Like I said 3 times now, all politicians are slimy, I just like to see both sides posted. Make a post about Dems being hypocritical and I will post Republican examples of hyprocrisy.

I can see in your little world everyone fits into a box one way or the other but guess what man, I'm not like that. Again though way to judge someone off of a dozen posts

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
sorry to jump in here but:

Now I'm a recovering skim reader, so i might be wrong, but didn't you just give 6 dems as an example of hypocrisy?

Feel free to jump in, Like I told your friend here, I just like to see both sides in a debate. Doesn't mean I take a particular one. Kind of like a debate team, you need to be able to debate both sides right? If you can't see from both sides than you don't know the subject that well.

OzmO

• Getbig V

You are the one who asked to "show" you....  And i did.

If you didn't mean that then perhaps you show have been more specific or worded it different.

but i get what you saying now.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
my memory is fine, I know what I posted, it was only to show both sides. I never argued that the Republicans didn't say those other things. Like I said 3 times now, all politicians are slimy, I just like to see both sides posted. Make a post about Dems being hypocritical and I will post Republican examples of hyprocrisy.

I can see in your little world everyone fits into a box one way or the other but guess what man, I'm not like that. Again though way to judge someone off of a dozen posts

It's nice to see you remember your post criticizing Democrats for being hypocrites. You know, the post you completely forgot about.  ::)

Well, at least you follow the neotaint directive, "lie until you get caught and then lie some more".

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
You are the one who asked to "show" you....  And i did.

If you didn't mean that then perhaps you show have been more specific or worded it different.

but i get what you saying now.

I'm with you, I mentioned all politicians and since the Republicans were alreay covered I posted quotes by Dems.

Purge_WTF

I myself am a Conservative, but I'm awaiting the next American civil war. Something needs to be done about these Neocon Republicans.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
  I myself am a Conservative, but I'm awaiting the next American civil war. Something needs to be done about these Neocon Republicans.

Are you sure it's gonna be a civil war, ...and not a revolution?

Americans never liked it when they were ruled by a King George the last time either.  :-\

I'd suggest no more leaders named George as a new Constitutional amendment, but you guys don't use it anymore
w

Purge_WTF

Are you sure it's gonna be a civil war, ...and not a revolution?

Americans never liked it when they were ruled by a King George the last time either.  :-\

I'd suggest no more leaders named George as a new Constitutional amendment, but you guys don't use it anymore

Bill Maher had a good suggestion once: "People from Texas can't be President."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
  Bill Maher had a good suggestion once: "People from Texas can't be President."

I dunno, Ron Paul seems like he would bring some positive change and honesty for once.

vinnydountsnyc

• Getbig III
  • ''Billy is border line retarded'' Colette Nelson
Here's what Bush Republicans really think about serving our country... as they send others to fight and die.

Republican Speaker of the House, Dennis Hastert, chose not to serve our country.

Former Republican House Majority Speaker, Dick Armey, chose not to serve our country.

Repblican Texas Senator Phil Gram got several deferments (4?).

Republican Jack Kemp chose not to serve our country, because of a “bad knee,” but that didn’t stop him from playing pro football.  (No Pat Tillman he.)

Republican House Majority Leader, Tom DeLay, chose not to serve our country.

Republican House Majority Whip, Roy Blunt, chose not to serve our country.

Republican Representative Dana Rohrabacher chose not to serve our country.

Republican Senate Majority Leader, Bill Frist, chose not to serve our country.

Republican Majority Whip, Mitch McConnell, chose not to serve our country.

Republican Rick Santorum, third ranking Republican in the Senate, chose not to serve our country.

Former Republican Majority Leader, Trent Lott, chose not to serve our country.

Republican Bush official Elliot Abrams, convicted in Iran contra, chose not to serve our country.

Attorney General John Ashcroft received 7 deferments.

Jeb Bush chose not to serve our country.

Bush's chief political guru, Karl Rove, chose not to serve our country.

Republican moralizer in chief, Bill betting Bennett, chose not to serve our country.

Sean Hannity chose not to serve our country, but has no trouble denegrating any Democrat veteran.

Bill O'Reilly chose not to serve our country.

Rush Limbaugh got out because of a “pilonidal cyst” (read: boil on his butt), but has no trouble denegrating any Democrat veteran.

Former Republican Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, and serial adulterer, chose not to serve our country.

Co-leader neocon and Iraqi war booster, Paul Wolfowitz, had no trouble sending others to die in war, but chose not to serve our country himself.

Co-leader neocon Iraqi booster, Richard Perle, also had no trouble sending others to die and get maimed in Iraq, but chose not to serve our country himself.

And Dick – doing business with the enemy, I had better things to do than serve my country – Cheney, seems to have received his last deferment by bedding down his wife and making her with child.

Democrats who served: Representative Dick Gephardt, Representative Bonoir, Senator Tom Daschle, Vice President Al Gore, Senator Bob Kerry, Senator Inouye, Senator John Kerry, Representative Charles Rangel, Senator Max Cleland, Senator Teddy Kennedy, Senator Tom Harkin, Senator Jack Reed, Senator Fritz Hollings, Boswell, Peterson, Thompson, McBridge, Pete Stark, Gray Davis... Senator George McGovern, Senator John Glenn, Vice President Walter Mondale, and, except for Ike, President Jimmy Carter, who served more years in the service than any other president.

Of course, there are many Democrats who didn’t serve our country, including President Bill Clinton.

However, Democrats aren’t the ones VILIFYING real VETERANS.

That would be the Bush-Cheney team, sanctioned by our “Mission Accomplished” commander in chief and his draft dodging Dick.

And what about George W. Bush’s service record, WHICH HE IS LYING ABOUT ON HIS RESUME?

Frankly, no one knows for sure.

There are missing, secret and scrubbed files.

And the White House won’t let anyone talk about it
911 INSIDE JOB !