Author Topic: need some good fish recipes  (Read 2637 times)

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
need some good fish recipes
« on: April 25, 2007, 07:43:04 AM »
so as everybody knows fishing season i'm just not sure how i wanna cook it now. i usually just fry it up but its tempting to start smoking the stuff. for bass i don't think it'd be all that great smoked. so i'll continue frying it. what to do with the trout tho. cuz i can't eat a lot of it fried and have to choke it down baked. any good trout recipes guys? and how do y'all cook ur bass and salmon? cod or pollock? any ideas for cooked or smoked fish would be great.

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
Re: need some good fish recipes
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 10:42:51 AM »
so as everybody knows fishing season i'm just not sure how i wanna cook it now. i usually just fry it up but its tempting to start smoking the stuff. for bass i don't think it'd be all that great smoked. so i'll continue frying it. what to do with the trout tho. cuz i can't eat a lot of it fried and have to choke it down baked. any good trout recipes guys? and how do y'all cook ur bass and salmon? cod or pollock? any ideas for cooked or smoked fish would be great.
leave it between your girlfriends legs all day and let it marinate.use a little lemon, and emeril live says baaaaaam
i

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 11:04:37 AM »
leave it between your girlfriends legs all day and let it marinate.use a little lemon, and emeril live says baaaaaam

lol. i'll try that......

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 12:44:51 PM »

hahahaha
#

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 02:03:18 PM »
Are you going to jump in a river to catch wild trout?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 02:59:55 PM »
I need a recipe for Tilapia. I have some in the fridge, that need to be cooked up.
HAHA, RON.....

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 03:26:57 PM »
I need a recipe for Tilapia. I have some in the fridge, that need to be cooked up.

Then follow this, this is an awesome recipe

;D
#

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 03:46:03 PM »

hahaha

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 07:16:29 PM »

my favourite way to enjoy fish is blackened, if your a fan of spicy food and not a fan of eating pussy its great!

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 07:26:55 PM »
my favourite way to enjoy fish is blackened, if your a fan of spicy food and not a fan of eating pussy its great!

So how does one "blacken" his fish does he enslave it, and move it to a far away to another country, then does he come to the realization that it is wrong to treat this fish this way and then let it be free, but then deep down resent the fish and oppress it and force it to live in ghettos until it develops a subculture that ones kids emulate....
Odilly

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 07:35:43 PM »
So how does one "blacken" his fish?

does he enslave it

move it to a far away to another country

then does he come to the realization that it is wrong to treat this fish this way and then let it be free

but then deep down resent the fish and oppress it

and force it to live in ghettos

until it develops a subculture that ones kids emulate....

fixed

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 07:39:56 PM »
  lol  your right it is funnier that way thanks man
Odilly

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 07:42:16 PM »
its what i do ;)

Beks

• Getbig III
  • " See Ya real Soon"
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 07:58:20 PM »

For fish with a white meat texture, BB-Q grilling is incredible. here's a recipe that is awesome to say the least. Season both side's of the fish fillet with Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish magic,

Grill over medium heat one minute each side, upon first turning fish over pour soy sauce over cooked side, once both sides have each a minute and soy poured, then apply honey to each side again only one minute.  ** adjust heat to thickness of fish fillet, remember to just undercook fish as it WILL continue to cook once you pull it off the grill.

The flavors in this recipe come alive, or best results, Alaska halibut..

And all you salmon eaters out there, farm raised salmon is good for you, however compared to wild salmon, farm raised is "mushy" and lacks texture.........also did you know that all farm raised Salmon are given #4 red die colored pellets, if they weren't the color of the farm raised salmon would be "white".

With technology advancements in refrigeration and on site processor's Out at sea, frozen fish from Alaska is superior and great for you. local club stores have the very best quality and price.

Beks

Cara from MD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 08:04:22 PM »
You guys are some sick bastards.  Baked fish is the easiest thing to make.

For cod:

Rinse and pat dry.  Sprinkle with a bit of garlic and/or onion powder, black and/or red pepper, crush a little dried parsley on, rub it in...rub on a little bit (like a half teaspoon) of white wine ( white wine vinegar is fine, it's got salt but you don't need much), and rub on a teaspoon of olive oil.  Sprinkle the top of the fish with paprika.  Spray a sheet of tinfoil with Pam, and bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350 degree preheated oven.  The same recipe is awesome for baked scallops as well.

Salmon - clean and pat dry.  Rub with a bit of rosemary, marjoram, thyme, and a teensy bit of cinnamon.  Rub in no more than a tsp of olive oil.  Rub on a teaspoon or less (for a nice 6-ounce piece) of dijon or honey mustard.  Lightly cover with some fresh dill (I keep fresh dill and parsley in the freezer, so it's there whenever I want it).  Bake, on a sheet of tinfoil sprayed with Pam, for about 15-20 minutes on 350 degree preheated oven.

For blackened salmon - I take the easy way out.  I have this awesome salty sugary marinade, Mr. Yoshida's teriyaki sauce, by the Heinz company.  I soak a piece of salmon in it (you can get a lot of flavor with just one tablespoon), then I pan fry it in a small skillet with a little bit of peanut oil - it blackens on the marinade, and it's fabulous.  It takes less than 10 minutes to make, just make sure the oil is nice and hot before laying the fish in it - I'm making this tomorrow morning to have for lunch at work tomorrow, actually.

For tuna steaks, I love to first wilt/burn a small yellow onion in the nonstick pan with a bit of olive oil.  Then I shove it to the side, and season the tuna with some minced ginger and a teensy bit of sesame/garlic sauce, and burn it on really quick, so the outside is dark but it's kinda raw inside.  It goes great with some sliced avocado on the side, and the onions on top.

I've never made trout, but I have had it in a restaurant teriyaki style, so the salmon recipe could apply, and I once had it covered in crushed pignola nuts, but I'm not sure how that was done.  It was too rich anyway, pine nuts are oily.

Or you can just deep fry your white fish and go to town with lots of tartar sauce :)

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 08:11:51 PM »
 my best recipes for you are as follows

1. insert can in can opener
  2. twist the opener till can is opend
   3 pour out water
  4 eat

or
   1 take out of capitan highliner box
    2 put on cookie sheet in oven
   3 wait till the timer dings
   4 eat

But the best on is

go to sushi resturant point at the picture of what you think you amy want and then eat what they bring..... hope this helped
Odilly

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 08:12:47 PM »
Yes.  On your way to the truck, throw the fish back in the river and go get a big mac and fries......then say hello to "Big Nav"......he'll be under your table trying to lick your ding dong..... ;D

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 08:25:31 PM »
You guys are some sick bastards. 

youre a cunt!

Cara from MD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 08:32:03 PM »
youre a cunt!

I'm really not...that was intensely uncalled for  :(

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 08:34:27 PM »
you can call people bastards but i cant call you a CUNT

not likely

cunt

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 10:45:22 PM »
bump for pics of cara from md....cara are you jewish?
its comin today

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 12:10:35 AM »
this thread needs pics of titties

Titties it is.....
HAHA, RON.....

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 12:15:52 AM »
Fish n' Rice
Fish n' Yams
Fish n' Salad

You're welcome.
N

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 12:49:12 AM »
oh wait let derek anthony sit on the fish all day fart a couple of times  on it that will bring the fishiness out of it........oh wait it wont itll smell like dereks pussy. derek always marinades   his fish in mens underwear lol and then as emirel always says  baaaaaaaaaaaaammm!!!!!!!!!
i

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 12:33:49 AM »
bump for pics of cara from md....cara are you jewish?