Author Topic: Paul Dillett's WBFF is taking off!  (Read 6065 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Re: Paul Dillett's WBFF is taking off!
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 01:16:38 PM »
I'm sure he's a equal mix of everything inside but outside he looks like a brother.  One rich, famous, and currently banging a smoking hot blonde kind of brother.

lol
#

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 01:16:52 PM »
Haha. Bad example. I remember when Tiger had just turned pro and reporters asked him how it felt to be a positive role model for young black people. I think this was just after the LA riots. Fcuk, he blanched (hehe) and mumbled something about not being black but 'cablinasian' (sp?). Asshole. Guy's a great golfer and his wife is smoking but when it came time to do something righteous he pussied.  >:(

No, he did/said the right thing at the time.

Throughout his life, he's lived with the fact that his father was Black and that his mother was Asian.  But once the world was able to unleash its full fury upon him, he was put into a situation where he was made to feel that he had to make a choice.  

Dealing with racial identity issues or questions in the media is not Tiger.  That's not who he is, it's not what he does.  MAYBE that will change in the future (once he has a child, perhaps), but for now, his job is to be a good husband and to play golf.  

I don't think everyone has an inherent obligation to do the 'righteous' thing.  When I look at Tiger, I think, "There's a great golfer who happens to be Black" even though he is half-Asian.  And in truth, it doesn't really matter.  You see, when I took my 4-year-old daughter to watch him play, she said, "There's Tiger Woods!" and that's all that needed to be said.  

Even though her mother is White, she will always be shown that anyone can achieve anything regardless of skin color. &guy doesn't have to come out and declare that he's Black in order to be a positive role model for Black youth.  

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 01:35:23 PM »
and here i thought i had a stranglehold on torontos white women >:(

I always thought Blacksonblondes shot a few of their scenes up around Toronto?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 01:36:04 PM »
No, he did/said the right thing at the time.

Throughout his life, he's lived with the fact that his father was Black and that his mother was Asian.  But once the world was able to unleash its full fury upon him, he was put into a situation where he was made to feel that he had to make a choice. 

Dealing with racial identity issues or questions in the media is not Tiger.  That's not who he is, it's not what he does.  MAYBE that will change in the future (once he has a child, perhaps), but for now, his job is to be a good husband and to play golf. 

I don't think everyone has an inherent obligation to do the 'righteous' thing.  When I look at Tiger, I think, "There's a great golfer who happens to be Black" even though he is half-Asian.  And in truth, it doesn't really matter.  You see, when I took my 4-year-old daughter to watch him play, she said, "There's Tiger Woods!" and that's all that needed to be said. 

Even though her mother is White, she will always be shown that anyone can achieve anything regardless of skin color.  Tiger doesn't have to come out and declare that he's Black in order to be a positive role model for Black youth. 
I absolutely agree with the middle part. It would be great if he, others, us would be just be regarded without any regard to skin colour/ethnicity. But this is probably utopian. If I identify my friend Tim, and someone draws a blank, it is easier to say 'he's the black guy.' In the same regards, I've been referred to as the white guy. No biggee. And no, he has zero obligation to anyone else but himself, but in a world where there seem to  few 'positive' role models for America's black youth (and I am thinking here of the thuggish, rap uber-class) it might be nice for him to step up to the plate. Now, he doesn't have be as polemic as Spike Lee, but he might save some white people, too, in doing so.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 02:10:52 PM »
And no, he has zero obligation to anyone else but himself, but in a world where there seem to  few 'positive' role models for America's black youth (and I am thinking here of the thuggish, rap uber-class) it might be nice for him to step up to the plate. Now, he doesn't have be as polemic as Spike Lee, but he might save some white people, too, in doing so.

but maybe he doesn't self identify as black.   Wikipedia says Tiger's father is half black, one quarter chinese and one quarter native american.   Tiger's mother is half Thai, one quarter chinese and one quarter dutch.    This makes Tiger twice as Asian as African.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2007, 10:50:39 PM »
Is the federation for retard posers?
I am a mini beast

NOYT4ME

• Getbig II
  • THE REAL NI66A NOT THE FAKE NI66A!!!!
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
I will say this though... Paul sure loves his white women. 

Why is it that when a brother gets his money right he grabs the first white chick he sees and leaves all the sisters fired up?
I DON'T KNOW HOMIE BUT I'M NOT OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!
KEEP IT REAL!!!

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 10:18:26 AM »
Shit, thanks for pointing out that tremendous misspelling on my part - WTH was I thinking! lol

Fixed now.

That being said, what did happen with the PDI?  I thought they had shows scheduled for this spring, but we're already at the end of April and I haven't heard a thing. 

8)
#

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »
The most educational moment of my college years came from a fellow student - a young Latina mother - who bitterly observed, "There's only two races in America - white and everything else."

Tiger Woods is black as the ace-of-spades to anyone who cares what race he is. And as long as there are people who care what race he is because they secretly feel he's getting more than he's entitled to [and you bet your ass that definition includes pretty white women] with his skin color, why shouldn't he issue evasive "fuck you"-s?

To Tiger, I say: It's all you, dog!  ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2007, 06:52:54 PM »
nice pc bullshits, the funny is your daughter notice him cause he s black, not cause he's a golfer...

If I wanted, I could preach to her that she's Black and can achieve anything she sets her mind to.  But she's too young for that.  I leave the preaching to her Mormon mother.  At this age, I'd rather show her things that are the seeds from which her future wisdom will grow.  Later in life, she's going to run into the people who've been indoctrinated by the teachings of Jesse Jackson and his ilk, who have made millions doing nothing but telling Black people what they CAN'T do.  And she's going to be charged with the responsibility of opening their eyes to a new reality. 

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2007, 08:07:49 PM »
If I wanted, I could preach to her that she's Black and can achieve anything she sets her mind to.  But she's too young for that.  I leave the preaching to her Mormon mother.  At this age, I'd rather show her things that are the seeds from which her future wisdom will grow.  Later in life, she's going to run into the people who've been indoctrinated by the teachings of Jesse Jackson and his ilk, who have made millions doing nothing but telling Black people what they CAN'T do.  And she's going to be charged with the responsibility of opening their eyes to a new reality. 

I can't believe you didn't mention Al Sharpton, this guy is all over NY accusing others of racial remarks most of the time and yet he lives in CT married to a white woman.
#

gettinhuge

• Getbig III
  • Comming Soon ME!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2007, 10:13:57 PM »
Any way......Back to Bodybuilding....I didnot know Rodney St Cloud went PDI.......

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 07:21:50 PM »
Like a car with no wheels.

He's got the shows on the calendar...that's a start. 

If he can keep costs down, I bet he can pull it off.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 07:48:50 PM »
I loves my white women too! ;D

don't come back...remember Strahan..fucking joke
Here comes the money shot

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2007, 07:49:19 PM »
Did anyone take a look at both PDI's site and Paul's site.....PDI has 4 sponsors and 3 are french and the 4th is one almost no one heard about. Paul's WBFF, has musclemag, GNC, Hooters, etc and he launched the fed. a few months back and PDI's been around for a year.....makes you wonder if PDI's all bs. How does the PDI really expect to gain fans with no website, poor marketing, no/poor sponsors?
?????

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2007, 07:51:16 PM »
He's got the shows on the calendar...that's a start. 

If he can keep costs down, I bet he can pull it off.

how legit is this when you have "C level stars" as guest judges
Here comes the money shot

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2007, 08:11:26 PM »
Im glad somebodys doing something....anything.   The 05 olympia was worse than a mr high school competition.   Props to pdi and dillet!! 8)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2007, 12:43:31 PM »
Did anyone take a look at both PDI's site and Paul's site.....PDI has 4 sponsors and 3 are french and the 4th is one almost no one heard about. Paul's WBFF, has musclemag, GNC, Hooters, etc and he launched the fed. a few months back and PDI's been around for a year.....makes you wonder if PDI's all bs. How does the PDI really expect to gain fans with no website, poor marketing, no/poor sponsors??????

That site was for PDI France...and for over a year, people have been asking for a primary site for PDI, which I assumed would've been based here in the U.S. 

I honestly don't know what the PDI is up to, but there's virtually no 'buzz' about them at all this year, compared to just 12 months ago when they were on everyone's mind.  They held their shows, the winners got their prize money, and I never saw a single post-event story about any of that. 

I hope Paul doesn't follow that same path, but it looks like they're doing much better on the advance publicity front, at least for now. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2007, 12:44:43 PM »
how legit is this when you have "C level stars" as guest judges

I think it's a great idea!

Why not add a little smattering of star power to see whether you can get more media and fans in the door? 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2007, 12:58:26 PM »
That site was for PDI France...and for over a year, people have been asking for a primary site for PDI, which I assumed would've been based here in the U.S. 

I honestly don't know what the PDI is up to, but there's virtually no 'buzz' about them at all this year, compared to just 12 months ago when they were on everyone's mind.  They held their shows, the winners got their prize money, and I never saw a single post-event story about any of that. 

I hope Paul doesn't follow that same path, but it looks like they're doing much better on the advance publicity front, at least for now. 

The reason why no buzz is because the first show this year isn't till another 5 months away.  As for the website I have no idea.  I am even a little pissed the don't have one.  When I think about it I will call Wayne and see why.  But I told it was going to be up in February ad nothing yet, so I am even a little  pissed.  As for the sponsors he has them and has more coming in.  He has an agenda and except for the website he has been sticking to it 100%.