Author Topic: Cro Cop Interview - maybe retire after UFC contract????  (Read 1158 times)

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
Cro Cop Interview - maybe retire after UFC contract????
« on: April 26, 2007, 11:39:14 AM »
in adition to Bluto´s post, i found this at

http://www.mma-fighter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20918&sid=9a134c829d678a43f8e9b0e2687f0cd5

see the interview...i dont know if he is just sad with the outcome, but he doesnt seems too excited to continue fighting after the last 4 fights of his contract...(off couse, it depends of the $$ involved hehe)

Croatian fighter Mirko Cro Cop is healing consequences of a hard defeat to Gabriel Gonzaga in the UFC 70 tournament in Manchester, Great Britain. Shocking pictures of unconscious Cro Cop lying in the cage looked unreal since we were used to see exactly the opposite ones for years.
Mirko had similar experiences with Kevin Randleman in Pride and Michael McDonald in K-1. He lost by KO to both of them and both times he succeeded to come back to the top. Although his charisma got seriously hurt, if not even destroyed, Mirko claims he has the motivation and strength for a new comeback.

Q: Do you feel any health consequences from Manchester episode?
A: I don't have headaches, nor any visible consequences from Gonzaga's high-kick. If it weren't for the pain in the right ankle, I'd already be training. However, I have to passively rest for two weeks. The ankle is swollen, but I don't think anything is broken, otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk. Still, I'll go to see a doctor one of these days and have it scanned."

Q: You seemed absent in the cage?
A: I wasn't myself against Gonzaga. I just couldn't decide to begin an exchange of punches, to go forward. Something similar happened to me in my last fight vs. Sanchez, but I still won that fight. These things happen to me in cycles. First I learn a lesson in the ring, then I go wild and win in streaks. However, there are no alibies for this defeat, and I am not looking for any.

Q: What determined the outcome?
A: Gonzaga's elbows to my temple. When I got up, my vision was blurry and I didn't even see that right high-kick.

Q: Did you make any mistakes in the preparation for the fight?
A: The preparations were great and are not the problem. Right before the fight I was apathetic, no good, couldn't focus and I fought without any strategy.

Q: What will your future in the UFC look like?
A: I will definitely come back stronger. It's out of place to talk about the belt, but I will respect the contract. Of course, provided there are no new injuries. However, I don't know what could make me fight more after I work off the remaining 4 fights.

Q: When can we expect you back in the ring?
A: I believe I'll fight again in the UFC at the end of August or beginning of September. I expect to get a chance to rematch Gonzaga. Thanks to everyone who came to Manchester for me, and all who called me wishing me good luck. I got more than 200 calls and I couldn't answer everyone.

SOURCE: http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/ostalisportovi/clanak/art-2007,4,23,,71557.jl
!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: Cro Cop Interview - maybe retire after UFC contract????
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 04:44:40 PM »
i have always liked cro cop. seems like a humble guy. i hope he comes back and does well. i would like to see him win the belt before he retires.
irongearco.com