Author Topic: Democratic Presidential Debate Tonight  (Read 2424 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Democratic Presidential Debate Tonight
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2007, 12:34:48 PM »
alcoholism is a symptom of addiction in the blood.

it's a compulsion.  you might fulfill your addiction with sex, alcohol, work, sports, who knows.  it's a compulsion.,  has nothing to do with the alcohol, it has to do with the urges and need you feel.  When drunks stop being drunks, they replace that addiction with something else.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2007, 12:38:24 PM »
I have seen 2 very interesting studies. One says it is nurture over nature, the other says nature over nurture. I am not sure about homosexuality yet, and am still looking into it. My opinion as of today is that there might be a small percentage that are born with the wires crossed. I think the large majority choose to be gay for whatever reason.

I find it hard to relate homosexuality and drug addiction. Even though a baby might have been born to a crack addict mother and is "addicted" from day one. They are also born with the will power to fight that addiction, because obviously 100% of babies born to drug addicts don't end up an addict themselves right?

If you're referring to my question I wasn't trying to relate homosexuality with drug addiction. I was trying to find out your point of view. From reading your posts I guessed that you were of the opinion that homosexuality was a choice.

In all honesty I wasn't trying to open a discussion on whether homosexuality wasn't a choice.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2007, 04:40:58 PM »
"Alcoholism has been recognized for many years by professional medical organizations as a primary, chronic, progressive and sometimes fatal disease."

Guess the medical community is out of touch.  :-\

Guess they are. A major problem in today's society is everything is given a label which allows people to shrug off responsibility for their actions. If you can stop through sheer will power it isn't a disease. You quit having cancer through will power or Aids for that matter. You can man up and quit drugs however. Quit making excuses for people.