Author Topic: a 600 pound deadlift  (Read 7354 times)

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
a 600 pound deadlift
« on: April 26, 2007, 06:46:39 PM »
so today i deadlifted six hundred pounds. no i was at the gym working out instead i was cutting firewood and the guy i was cutting with has a processor basically a big fancy 12,000 dollar machine that cuts the wood to length splits and puts it on the truck for you the guy's lazy. so he has me out there loading on logs now most of these are little 12 foot long 100-150 pnd logs. but today there was 20 foot 600 pound log that needed to go on there instead of waiting for the guy to help me out with it i grab the damn thing in the center with my body in dead lifting position lifted it up off the ground carried it about 6 feet and then eased it on to the processor. no i didn't struggle it 6 feet i carried this damn thing. and then moments later followed it up with a measly little 350 pnder which felt virtually weightless compared to the other one. anyhow that was pretty damn good for me. considering my best in the gym deadlift was like 450 or some little number like that, but it wasn't just a deadlift and then go back down i also had to carry it. anyhow just kinda thought i'd share this story with y'all.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
Re: a 600 pound deadlift
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 06:49:56 PM »
Were your jocks all wet when you woke up from this dream?

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 06:52:05 PM »
Were your jocks all wet when you woke up from this dream?

hahaha. nah man it ain't a joke this is for real.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 06:54:22 PM »
hahahahahaha, of course it was, congrats you did soething that not even Bill Kazmaier could do in his prime, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE THE STRONGEST MAN WHO EVER LIVED ON GETBIG. ;D

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 06:56:26 PM »
hahahahahaha, of course it was, congrats you did soething that not even Bill Kazmaier could do in his prime, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE THE STRONGEST MAN WHO EVER LIVED ON GETBIG. ;D

Pfft no way man, matt duvall can military press that 600pound log for reps.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 06:56:50 PM »

ROFL !!! Funniest post i've read this year !

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 07:00:48 PM »
ROFL !!! Funniest post i've read this year !
hahahahaha, sometimes i think that the Guiness Book of World Records should just log on here before they come out with their yearly edition because we've got it all here, 800 pound benchers, guys who lift 590 pound boulders, guys who lift 600 pound logs, guys who military press 635, bench 500 for 12, shit this is a one stop shop for world class strength feats. ;D

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 07:40:50 PM »
hahahahaha, sometimes i think that the Guiness Book of World Records should just log on here before they come out with their yearly edition because we've got it all here, 800 pound benchers, guys who lift 590 pound boulders, guys who lift 600 pound logs, guys who military press 635, bench 500 for 12, shit this is a one stop shop for world class strength feats. ;D

You couldn't be any more correct.   :D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 07:49:47 PM »

Don't forget that he kills deers for food and catches fish in rivers with his bear hands.  ::)

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 07:53:14 PM »

why do people make this shit up just to get attention???? BULLSHIT!!!!

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 07:59:40 PM »

did you wrap your hands underneath the log?

or, use finger strength to grip from on top?

either way, awesome lift, unbelievable really

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 08:01:21 PM »
alright no one here wants to believe it thats fine. and f.y.i. i never said it was an easy feat. so here's what i'm gonna do i will video tape a similar feat(that log is now cut up into rounds and split) but i will video tape it and post it. somebody's just gotta tell me how to post a video i know how to record one but not post one. then when i do prove it y'all can get off my back. so i'll leave ya with this for now and start a new thread to determine rules of this video what exactly y'all wanna see.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 08:17:42 PM »
This is a very sad thread. I feel sorry for the guy.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 08:21:17 PM »
why do people make this shit up just to get attention???? BULLSHIT!!!!

lol
#

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 09:08:34 PM »
alright no one here wants to believe it thats fine. and f.y.i. i never said it was an easy feat. so here's what i'm gonna do i will video tape a similar feat(that log is now cut up into rounds and split) but i will video tape it and post it. somebody's just gotta tell me how to post a video i know how to record one but not post one. then when i do prove it y'all can get off my back. so i'll leave ya with this for now and start a new thread to determine rules of this video what exactly y'all wanna see.

so today i deadlifted six hundred pounds. no i was at the gym working out instead i was cutting firewood and the guy i was cutting with has a processor basically a big fancy 12,000 dollar machine that cuts the wood to length splits and puts it on the truck for you the guy's lazy. so he has me out there loading on logs now most of these are little 12 foot long 100-150 pnd logs. but today there was 20 foot 600 pound log that needed to go on there instead of waiting for the guy to help me out with it i grab the damn thing in the center with my body in dead lifting position lifted it up off the ground carried it about 6 feet and then eased it on to the processor. no i didn't struggle it 6 feet i carried this damn thing. and then moments later followed it up with a measly little 350 pnder which felt virtually weightless compared to the other one. anyhow that was pretty damn good for me. considering my best in the gym deadlift was like 450 or some little number like that, but it wasn't just a deadlift and then go back down i also had to carry it. anyhow just kinda thought i'd share this story with y'all.

I HI LIGHTED YOUR CONTRADICTING LIES IN GREEN...NOW MAYBE IT IS ME...BUT WHEN SOMEONE SAYS I DID NOT STRUGGLE IT 6 FEET I CARRIED IT...THAT MEANS IT WAS DONE WITH EASE... BUT YOU SAY IN YOUR POST "I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS EASY"....NOT ONLY THAT, YOU THEN CLAIM TO LIFT A 350 POUND LOG RIGHT AFTER....ALSO HOW CAN YOU LIFT A 20 FOOT 600 POUND LOG IN A DEADLIFT POSITION??? DID THE LOG HAVE HANDLES ON IT OR SOMETHING?

LIKE SOMEONE ELSE SAID...LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE THE STRONGEST MAN WHO EVER LIVED LIED ON GETBIG. 

C

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 09:42:41 PM »

I HI LIGHTED YOUR CONTRADICTING LIES IN GREEN...NOW MAYBE IT IS ME...BUT WHEN SOMEONE SAYS I DID NOT STRUGGLE IT 6 FEET I CARRIED IT...THAT MEANS IT WAS DONE WITH EASE... BUT YOU SAY IN YOUR POST "I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS EASY"....NOT ONLY THAT, YOU THEN CLAIM TO LIFT A 350 POUND LOG RIGHT AFTER....ALSO HOW CAN YOU LIFT A 20 FOOT 600 POUND LOG IN A DEADLIFT POSITION??? DID THE LOG HAVE HANDLES ON IT OR SOMETHING?

LIKE SOMEONE ELSE SAID...LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE THE STRONGEST MAN WHO EVER LIVED LIED ON GETBIG. 

it wasn't an easy feat. but it wasn't a total struggle either, basically it was accomplished. now in the saying it was deadlift position my back was well as much as it could've been anyhow, my hand grip no there was no handles it was semi-cradled, both hands kinda underneath the log a few inches apart. now its easy to see there's not one person here who believes it which is fine your choice no big deal, no skin off my back. however i will provide a video it will be a different log seeings how that other one is probably in somebodys wood stove by now. and i didn't have time earlier but i'll start the thread to find out exactly what ya wanna see in it. i'll go start that thread ppl can just get off my back about this one.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 01:39:12 AM »
How do you know that it weighed 600 pounds?  Did you have a 30 foot long scale to put it on?

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 05:22:45 AM »

187   Getbig Main Discussion Boards / Training Q&A / Re: Good weight for 5'10"  on: December 23, 2006, 10:33:56 AM 
i'm 5'9 175 and turn heads all the time.

176   Getbig Main Discussion Boards / Training Q&A / Re: good or no???  on: December 24, 2006, 09:46:18 AM 
in posting this i forgot to mention my age. i mentioned that i'm young. but forgot to tell y'all i'm 15. 

15 yrs old, 5'9 and 175lbs....this is the kind of delusion we're working with here folks.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 05:32:43 AM »
i will be only impressed if you didnt used straps and a belt
!

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 05:36:06 AM »
I was out in the forest today and lifted a tree straight out of the ground, roots and all! ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 12:02:50 PM »

Pick this log up

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 12:27:15 PM »
this guy must be a certified beast.....
L

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 12:28:54 PM »
Pick this log up

Keith cut the dude some slack LOL
#

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 12:33:21 PM »

maybe you can challenge kegdrainer to a world's stongest man contest

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 12:35:24 PM »
maybe you can challenge kegdrainer to a world's stongest man contest
hahahahahaha, they'd never be able to find boulders or logs big enough for those two muscular behemoths. ::)