Author Topic: the redneck 600 pnd log deadlift  (Read 1470 times)

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
the redneck 600 pnd log deadlift
« on: April 26, 2007, 09:48:41 PM »
this is the thread to determine exactly what it is y'all want to see in the video i will have made and posted by sometime next week(little busy this weekend). now in order to create this video i will find a log weighing at least somewhere close to 600 pnds i'll make the best estimation of it i can and i will have a couple other ppl there to also guess what they think it weighs. now since i'm doing this in a video i'll do it a lil different than how it happend today. today it was simply unplanned, so next week maybe this weekend w/e i have time to make the video the log will be put on blocks sitting a few inches high to kinda recreate a rack dead. then with the same grip as on the other log hands kind of cradled underneath it i will lift the log off the blocks. so i'm not totally recreating the event but kind of mocking it.

now do any of you disagree with this? is there anything else you wanna see? is there something else you want me to add or take out of it? any other suggestions i'm open to em.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Re: the redneck 600 pnd log deadlift
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 09:57:26 PM »
Can't wait ...  ::)

NOTHING like proving your " Manhood " on a Bodybuilding Forum.

How can you NOT be a fan of GetBig ? Why would you ever want to leave ?

ButtonMan

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 12:34:36 AM »
I found your video  ........... good job !

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 10:06:56 AM »
eh getbig is a good place. and when a guy makes a claim of deadlifting a 600 pnd log yea it does spark up debate and ppl don't wanna beleive it so when i post the video if y'all don't think it weighs 600 then i'll renounce the claim. and the video once again should be up next week it'll be taken on a cheap 100 dollar digital cam/video rec. i'm also in the process of trying to come up with the cash for a 74 dodge charger which right now is kind of taking priority. but the video will be up.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 06:17:46 AM »
eh getbig is a good place. and when a guy makes a claim of deadlifting a 600 pnd log yea it does spark up debate and ppl don't wanna beleive it so when i post the video if y'all don't think it weighs 600 then i'll renounce the claim. and the video once again should be up next week it'll be taken on a cheap 100 dollar digital cam/video rec. i'm also in the process of trying to come up with the cash for a 74 dodge charger which right now is kind of taking priority. but the video will be up.

So you are looking at trying to save up 200 dollars.  Uh doesn't the average american make about that per day?  That is my motivation to go to work, I don't like my job, but I can say I get two C-Notes just for showing up.  At least that is how I rationalize it.
\

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 08:49:50 AM »

you could easily make the extra money in a world's strongest man contest ::)

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 08:52:55 AM »

just make sure when you shoot the vid that it shows the 600lb label plate on the side of the log....i see trees in the forest all the time with their weight stamped on them...."light weight"

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 01:48:11 PM »
So you are looking at trying to save up 200 dollars.  Uh doesn't the average american make about that per day?  That is my motivation to go to work, I don't like my job, but I can say I get two C-Notes just for showing up.  At least that is how I rationalize it.

To reiterate, the kid is 15.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 04:49:19 PM »
To reiterate, the kid is 15.

Oh, that explains it.  Why did the log not weigh 1000 lbs then?  He must not understand how the internet multiplier works.
\