Author Topic: Laura Bush on Iraq: 'No one suffers more than their president and I do'  (Read 7361 times)

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
ya mean fuck little boys..  :-\  aint that like a right of passage amongst yall?

at least you can wave at an american with your left hand

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
That 600,000+ number has been discredited. 
That I know of, it has not been credibly discredited either.  The only think I found was the president and generals saying it wasn't true.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
The threads on this forum have gone out of control.

Everyone calm down.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
FINE GO SOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX ;D.

I bet that didn't help. :P
L

gtbro1

• Getbig V

Funny I didn't see you right next to me when i rolled out of Kuwait and up into Bagdad. Oh wait you were'nt fucking there so u have no idea do u, except from some BS leftist website fill of other people who were'nt there either. I'm not there now and I'm sure plenty of iraqi's have died..don't really care either. But while we rolled up..it wasn't that bad. And the folks did want us there and were chearing and yelling..it lasted about a week ::)......

Hard to argue with someone who was there....The thing is...many soldiers such as yourself,take any criticism of the WAR as criticism toward you personally.I understand that I guess,but that isn't the case.At least not when the bitching about the war comes from me. I don't agree with the war but I do have a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for those who risk their life fighting for what they feel is right.I am against this war but I still think you and your fellow soldiers are heros.Many will say bullshit to this and I don't really care.That is honestly how I feel.

P.S. Bush Sucks

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Sure you did.   ::)  Here's a hint:  people who are smart and wealthy never have to try and convince people they are smart and wealthy.  

Beach Bum,

you've said many times that you're a college professor making 200k a year.

(you also said you were a high school dropout, and you didn't know what the M in MBA stood for)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Hard to argue with someone who was there....The thing is...many soldiers such as yourself,take any criticism of the WAR as criticism toward you personally.I understand that I guess,but that isn't the case.At least not when the bitching about the war comes from me. I don't agree with the war but I do have a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for those who risk their life fighting for what they feel is right.I am against this war but I still think you and your fellow soldiers are heros.Many will say bullshit to this and I don't really care.That is honestly how I feel.

It's in everyone's nature to take pride in what they do and naturally feel insulted when someone questions them. I used to be all pissy about bush, iraq and what not, but realized that I don't have so bad and calmed down. I'm critical now as I ever was, but never on a personal level.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
You said nothing that pissed me off..no issues at all. Yeah we do to an extent because I feel that we in the military are fighting this war and nobody cares...the reasons are legion and we have discussed it here at length. The fact is while we are have screwed up in Iraq on a massive scale..and plenty of innocent Iraqi's have been killed..most have died at the hand sof insurgent attacks..collateral damage during military operations...but subsequent to the invasion. We tried to be real careful, atleast from the air ;D
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
We had an afghani Col who got fired because he a 12 year old boy chained to his desk.....we saw kids who would have nail polish on their hands..index fingers etc. It ment they were somebody's bitch. While I was in Pakistan we heard about an Army barracks that if u drove by on Thursdays u could here the screams of the young soldiers as the older ones raped them..the list is endless.
L

gtbro1

• Getbig V
We had an afghani Col who got fired because he a 12 year old boy chained to his desk.....we saw kids who would have nail polish on their hands..index fingers etc. It ment they were somebody's bitch. While I was in Pakistan we heard about an Army barracks that if u drove by on Thursdays u could here the screams of the young soldiers as the older ones raped them..the list is endless.

:-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Beach Bum,

you've said many times that you're a college professor making 200k a year.

(you also said you were a high school dropout, and you didn't know what the M in MBA stood for)

Liar liar:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107400/

Shouldn't you be off "joking" about murdering your wife and child . . . or least busting suds?  Get to work!  

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
While I was in Pakistan

lie much?

you have NEVER been to pakistan.
carpe` vaginum!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Liar liar:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107400/

Shouldn't you be off "joking" about murdering your wife and child . . . or least busting suds?  Get to work!  

I believe  " liar, liar,pants on fire"  was the quote you were looking for.  :)

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20050801/cortright

From 1 may 2003-mid 2004, the war had accounted for 24,000 deaths.

http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/issues/iraq/attack/consequences/2006/0309deathtoll.htm

In 2005 there were 13,000 deaths

http://pcrproject.com/blog/2007/01/17/un-iraq-death-toll/

In 2006, the death toll was 34,000 plus

That comes to 71,000. Was there 380,000 since January?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.

Chained to his desk? WTF

It's hard to read such accounts and not think the whole Middle East is populated by something less than human beings.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
U idiots are all jealous that u have lost economic power and importance.

Actually, you're wrong. The European Union is quickly gaining economic power, and the dollar is dropping against the Euro.

The economical ties within Europe has quickly made a war between Germany and France an impossibility, the original goal.

However, USA is still number one in the world, and will always be.

-Hedge

The countries that joins makes quick economical leaps, and
As empty as paradise

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20050801/cortright

From 1 may 2003-mid 2004, the war had accounted for 24,000 deaths.

http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/issues/iraq/attack/consequences/2006/0309deathtoll.htm

In 2005 there were 13,000 deaths

http://pcrproject.com/blog/2007/01/17/un-iraq-death-toll/

In 2006, the death toll was 34,000 plus

That comes to 71,000. Was there 380,000 since January?

Clearly that 600,000 number is overblown by a factor of at least 6 but I'm curious how exactly do they count the number of dead. I have doubts about how accurately the dead can be counted in a place like Iraq. Of course this is pure speculation but any official number I would add roughly 15% to. My guess would be that 71,000 in reality is somewhere around 80,000. Again, pure speculation on my part.

And I think another good point was brought up, many of those dead were killed by suicide bombers and not by our own troops or bombs. Of course the argument can be made that our occupation has allowed the rampant spread of suicide bombers but that's not quite the same as our bombs or soldiers doing the actual killing.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
Clearly that 600,000 number is overblown by a factor of at least 6 but I'm curious how exactly do they count the number of dead. I have doubts about how accurately the dead can be counted in a place like Iraq. Of course this is pure speculation but any official number I would add roughly 15% to. My guess would be that 71,000 in reality is somewhere around 80,000. Again, pure speculation on my part.

And I think another good point was brought up, many of those dead were killed by suicide bombers and not by our own troops or bombs. Of course the argument can be made that our occupation has allowed the rampant spread of suicide bombers but that's not quite the same as our bombs or soldiers doing the actual killing.

Oh for sure I wold probably give it at least 100,000. One of the websites lists an Iraq body count project that uses the iraq Morgues as a count. This is one resaon that the Iraqi government is critical of the UN as exaggerating the count. How many of those people in the morgue died of natural causes? Still I think people easily exaggerate by at least 6 times.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
lie much?

you have NEVER been to pakistan.

Why cause its your country....nope ur wrong dumbass. We supported the humanitarian effort during the earthquake in 2005. We used Chinook helicopters from a unit based out of Bagram Airfield. We basically shut down air operations to help your 3rd world shithole country because your own people could not do it for themselves. This is all varifiable information....well the folks up in the remote villages were very gratiful for the help they received. Many of the jingle trucks (oooh how would i know what a jingle truck was) have chinooks painted on the sides now because of the help we provided. That unit was set to rotate out of Afghanistan while I was there. the Paki government invited them to do a tour of the country and view waht had been rebuilt and give the folks up there an opportunity to thank them again. 10 days..I went along...I think we had a NYT reported do a story as well. Anyway your wrong
L

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Comments like those made by Laura show how much out of touch these people are with reality. I mean, remember when Bush said something like our democracy has been a beacon of freedom since its inception (never mind slavery, the slaughter of most Native Americans, etc.)?

Man, they're really out of touch!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
   I believe  " liar, liar,pants on fire"  was the quote you were looking for.  :)

Yes!   :D

vinnydountsnyc

• Getbig III
  • ''Billy is border line retarded'' Colette Nelson
lol ! this is real funny shit ! ::)
911 INSIDE JOB !

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Actually, you're wrong. The European Union is quickly gaining economic power, and the dollar is dropping against the Euro.

The economical ties within Europe has quickly made a war between Germany and France an impossibility, the original goal.

However, USA is still number one in the world, and will always be.

-Hedge

The countries that joins makes quick economical leaps, and

Yes but we're going to counter with the North American Union and the Amero :D         >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

youandme

• Getbig V
Oh for sure I wold probably give it at least 100,000. One of the websites lists an Iraq body count project that uses the iraq Morgues as a count. This is one resaon that the Iraqi government is critical of the UN as exaggerating the count. How many of those people in the morgue died of natural causes? Still I think people easily exaggerate by at least 6 times.

You just look at numbers and guesstimate a lower number than the UN. "Counting all civilians, military, contractors, insurgents, and non-Iraqi civilians, at least 70,000; to as many as 655,000+ total excess deaths due to the war" This means that because of war people die from natural illnesses that are a RESULT OF THE WAR you have a infection from a cut, and die of staph....since all doctors have fled to syria and jordan. Iraq's critical of the UN huh? Care to site a reference?

Iraq's Health Ministery is not going to disagree with the UN when they are conducting extrapolating studies. In fact the UN used numbers provided by the Health Ministries reports given to them from the morgues. Iraq morgues wanted the ration of deaths per day increased since people are going missing and documented deaths have gone missing, and some deaths are unidentified. The IBC standards were pulling up war related civilian deaths, attributed to direct fire, the UN was studying ALL deaths linked to direct fire and increased lawlessness,shit system, and NO health care.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
::)

According to the first lady, when it comes to Iraq, "No one suffers more than their president and I do."

The first lady admitted that "it's absolutely hard" to watch her husband "in this."

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha