Author Topic: "So he's not black enough?"  (Read 6492 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
"So he's not black enough?"
« on: April 27, 2007, 07:30:02 AM »
I'm on vacation hanging out in a friend's coffee shop and some guy is talking about how Obama doesn't fit the stereotype most people have for a black guy. Goes through the whole "he's pretending to be like everyone else but grew up wealthy" speech.

I asked "so he's not black enough" laughing at this nitwit.

But.... it got me wondering. Who is the bigger racist? The person who says "I don't like (insert race)" or the person who can't accept someone that doesn't fit their preconceived stereotype?

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
Re: "So he's not black enough?"
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 07:38:08 AM »
I'm on vacation hanging out in a friend's coffee shop and some guy is talking about how Obama doesn't fit the stereotype most people have for a black guy. Goes through the whole "he's pretending to be like everyone else but grew up wealthy" speech.

But.... it got me wondering. Who is the bigger racist? The person who says "I don't like (insert race)" or the person who can't accept someone that doesn't fit their preconceived stereotype?

Good point doc, I would say that generally someone who takes showing pride in their culture (which by itself is a very valuable thing) past the point that they believe another culture/country to be inferior is racism. But someone from the same "race" who is comparing someone's identity in that race to their own, is more a case of someone who causes division (in and out of their culture) by this attitude.

Just a thought?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 07:41:18 AM »
Your definitely not black enough ... Carlton banks called...

Your a 'house The 'N' word' hahahah that guys comment struck a nerve...

Question ...

Are you good in Basketball?
Do you listen to Tu Pac or Biggie
Do you have a pair of Jordans ?
How many Jerseys and Fitteds do you have....

L

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 08:01:43 AM »

You realise this is the main cross (no pun intended) to carry for black men or women who succeed in life. If they learn to play the game and become appealing to everybody both sides fight that he/she is a sell out or not black enough or still to black or trying to pass. You see it to some degree with Hilary when she acts as if she is one of the people and has not had a life of privledge. You can't really win is the problem. You only can hope to put the best "you" forward and some will hate and some will love but when it all shakes out people will either measure you by your merit or try to hang (again no pun) you by your skin tone. Sucks really.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 08:05:53 AM »
Your definitely not black enough ... Carlton banks called...

Your a 'house The 'N' word' hahahah that guys comment struck a nerve...

Question ...

Are you good in Basketball?
Do you listen to Tu Pac or Biggie
Do you have a pair of Jordans ?
How many Jerseys and Fitteds do you have....

Why would I care about being called a house black? Especially on-line, LOL! So few people have the balls it would take to say that to someone's face that it's laughable and doesn't mean shit in the real world. My point is that a lot of actual racism comes from twerps who know every line Biggie ever uttered and wear their hats tilted and have their pants down low. Why? Because they're trying to act like what their streotypes of blacks are.

Plus, these geeks don't know you can't buy experience at the mall. Putting on Timberlands and memorizing rap lyrics isn't gonna make some middle class white guy that lives with his mom down to the point where they 'understand' the black experience'. They are good for laughs. :)

Should I really apologize to on-line nitwits for not staying poor or out-performing a few of them? Maybe today I'll stand on the porch, drink a 22oz and really get down with the black experience, LOL! It should be good for my soul.

As to your ?s:

Suck at basketball, worse at free throws than Shaq

Yes.

In the day, of course.

One Birmingham Barons jersey doesn't make me any more/less black than a guy with ten.

Since you're asian:

Are you good at math?

Do you take a lot of pictues?

Do you have pics of Mao on your walls?

My gf says Asian dudes have little rice dicks, is this true?

Do you know kung fu?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 08:07:38 AM »

You make a valid point doc, but if it helps I believe I'm the biggest racist.....I hate everyone.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 08:14:14 AM »
You make a valid point doc, but if it helps I believe I'm the biggest racist.....I hate everyone.

That's better than pretending to be 'down'.

You realise this is the main cross (no pun intended) to carry for black men or women who succeed in life. If they learn to play the game and become appealing to everybody both sides fight that he/she is a sell out or not black enough or still to black or trying to pass. You see it to some degree with Hilary when she acts as if she is one of the people and has not had a life of privledge. You can't really win is the problem. You only can hope to put the best "you" forward and some will hate and some will love but when it all shakes out people will either measure you by your merit or try to hang (again no pun) you by your skin tone. Sucks really.

I just tell people the truth.

Besides, trying to live down to the expectations of others would be stupid.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 08:18:38 AM »
Why would I care about being called a house ####? Especially on-line, LOL! So few people have the balls it would take to say that to someone's face that it's laughable and doesn't mean shit in the real world. My point is that a lot of actual racism comes from twerps who know every line Biggie ever uttered and wear their hats tilted and have their pants down low. Why? Because they're trying to act like what their streotypes of blacks are.

Plus, these geeks don't know you can't buy experience at the mall. Putting on Timberlands and memorizing rap lyrics isn't gonna make some middle class white guy that lives with his mom down to the point where they 'understand' the black experience'. They are good for laughs. :)

Should I really apologize to on-line nitwits for not staying poor or out-performing a few of them? Maybe today I'll stand on the porch, drink a 22oz and really get down with the black experience, LOL! It should be good for my soul.

As to your ?s:

Suck at basketball, worse at free throws than Shaq

Yes.

In the day, of course.

One Birmingham Barons jersey doesn't make me any more/less black than a guy with ten.

Since you're asian:

Are you good at math?

Do you take a lot of pictues?

Do you have pics of Mao on your walls?

My gf says Asian dudes have little rice dicks, is this true?

Do you know kung fu?

hahah your glaring insecurites have led to the melting down above.....  tell your girlfriend I said hi hahahah

just playin

seriously, being a half breed of asian,spanish,white...i dont get love from anyone ..im not asian enough, not 'spanish' enough, def...not white enough..so im like fuck everyone...i take the race thing out of it...who cares..im a gook , whoop dee do, im a mexican, thats why people come up to me and say Abla espanol ? I see my white realitives and they tell thier friends that im thier cousin and they look at me like im adopted. I got over that type of shit since kindergarden, i expect people to be racist.
The Number 2 in Scranton

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 08:21:05 AM »
So you don't know kung fu?

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 08:35:38 AM »
So you don't know kung fu?
Im an MMA cage fighter like everyone else.
The Number 2 in Scranton

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 08:41:21 AM »
Preconcieved notions seem to be attached to many aspects of us, not even just race.

Many people seem to conceive West Indians like we are all mirror images of Bob Marley or something. I have been asked no less than a million times do I 'smoke ganja' and do I have dreadlocks. 8)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 08:48:19 AM »
I just wish people would get real and accept the fact that most stereotypes are now legitimate classes of people.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 08:52:49 AM »
I was in Kentucky Fried Chicken two days ago ( Adonis Principles ) when some wigger dude (best way to describe him) was yelling an threatening two indian guys and an old guy. The old guy locked himself in a car and called the cops. The indian guys ran out with thier buckets as fast as they can. The onle people there in the store were women, kids and some other old guy. The cops come in saying that there was someone in the store assualting him, they lined up right behind me...thank God this nice old lady tells them.."There is no one here who did that (as she laid her hand on my shoulder) ...he left a minute ago" .. then a manager who was indian confirmed that 'he isnt here'..To say that I got the feeling that the cops thought I was the guy is an understatement...what if they bring me out for him to ID me and the old man says " yeah thats him..." just to say it..
L

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 08:54:46 AM »
I was in Kentucky Fried Chicken two days ago ( Adonis Principles ) when some wigger dude (best way to describe him) was yelling an threatening two indian guys and an old guy. The old guy locked himself in a car and called the cops. The indian guys ran out with thier buckets as fast as they can. The onle people there in the store were women, kids and some other old guy. The cops come in saying that there was someone in the store assualting him, they lined up right behind me...thank God this nice old lady tells them.."There is no one here who did that (as she laid her hand on my shoulder) ...he left a minute ago" .. then a manager who was indian confirmed that 'he isnt here'..To say that I got the feeling that the cops thought I was the guy is an understatement...what if they bring me out for him to ID me and the old man says " yeah thats him..." just to say it..

Please tell me you got your fried chicken!

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 09:27:07 AM »
How come you didn't grab the little punk by the collar and shake some sense into his dumbass?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 09:28:31 AM »

He's white/asian/chico.  The fried chicken gene is recessive.

JJ it's not your race the cops cared about, it's cause you're a bad lookin mofo.

Many people seem to conceive West Indians like we are all mirror images of Bob Marley or something. I have been asked no less than a million times do I 'smoke ganja' and do I have dreadlocks. 8)

That's some voodoo shit right there.
 ;D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 10:49:18 AM »
hell yea I got that shit...if they arrested me i still would of fought to get that chicken
How come you didn't grab the little punk by the collar and shake some sense into his dumbass?
I dont stick my nose in other peoples ownings...
L

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 11:08:37 AM »
hell yea I got that shit...if they arrested me i still would of fought to get that chicken I dont stick my nose in other peoples ownings...
Yelling at old or helpless people is shit, I would have said something..then again I am an asshole. ;D

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 07:06:23 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=136621.350

if i was sarcasm, and thank god im not a racist that lives in a trailer, but if i was him. i would be more then happy to say those are my pics even if they werent mine.

the older pics look more ripped and bigger..... why are you so ashamed of them?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=143072.msg2020408#msg2020408

happy B-day Hitler........... I'll cap a Jew in you memory.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=136155.msg1930141#msg1930141

come prove me wrong. you can video it too.... bring a friend. i don't care i'll beat you like a black man.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=142213.msg2010340#msg2010340

I saw this video full of monkeys singing "pop lock and suck it" or somehing like that, and i thought to myself why couldn't that fucker that killed all those kids with futures today instead kill all those ugly monkeys in that video, and do society a favor >:(
#

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

antcraw

• Getbig III
  • Legacy of Brutality
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 08:17:35 PM »
Barak is black enough for me but drkaje is a different story...

i bet drkaje doesn't like hot sauce and puts mayo on everything
I'm Nick's role model!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 06:19:46 PM »
Barak is black enough for me but drkaje is a different story...

i bet drkaje doesn't like hot sauce and puts mayo on everything

No one here will know what show you're talking about, LOL!