Author Topic: Talk about Hypocrisy  (Read 1441 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Talk about Hypocrisy
« on: April 27, 2007, 01:12:26 PM »
Clinton, Obama rapped for taking cash from hip-hop producers
Jim Brown
OneNewsNow.com
April 27, 2007

An African-American ministry is drawing attention to what it sees as the selective moral outrage of two Democratic presidential candidates, Senators Hillary Clinton (D-NY) and Barack Obama (D-IL), who were outspoken critics of former MSNBC host Don Imus following his denigrating comments about the Rutgers University women's basketball team.

Clinton reportedly raked in $800,000 at a fundraiser hosted by rapper Timbaland, whose obscene and demeaning lyrics about women, critics say, make Don Imus's remarks pale in comparison. And Obama, who was quick to call for the firing of Imus, collected more than a million dollars at a fundraiser hosted by Hollywood mogul David Geffen, whose record company produces the albums of profane rappers like Snoop Dogg.

Dean Nelson is with the Network of Politically Active Christians (NPAC), a ministry of Wellington Boone Ministries. He says both Clinton and Obama are employing a double standard.

"Where some may suggest that they need to return the cash, I think at least they have to answer the question, what do you stand for," Nelson asserts, "because, if you're running for the highest office in the land, you can't say publicly that it is wrong to make derogatory comments like [those for which Imus was fired] but then, at the same time, take money from people whose livelihood is from an industry that makes millions, if not billions of dollars from that same type of language through the airwaves."

Both the Clinton and Obama campaigns are refraining to comment on the accusations, but the NPAC spokesman insists that both presidential hopefuls demonstrated hypocrisy by taking campaign donations from the producers of obscene and misogynistic rap lyrics while condemning Don Imus's denigrating remarks about the Rutger's women's basketball team.

"The question must be asked of both of those candidates, what do you stand for," Nelson says. "And you can't say you stand for upholding a sense of righteousness and good values," he contends, "when you take money from people who make their living entirely off the promotion of such vile words as 'hos' and other derogatory comments that they have made."

Nelson says Clinton and Obama's apparently selective moral outrage speaks to a political double-standard that is common in both the Republican and Democratic parties today.

All Original Content Copyright 2006-2007 American Family News Network - All Rights Reserved

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Talk about Hypocrisy
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 01:26:51 PM »
These people like Hillary talk out of both sides of their mouths. Its sickening. They think we are too dumb to realize it.
The House that Ruth built

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:29:43 PM »
Politicians acting like Whores when it comes to campaign funding?    the NERVE!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 01:34:18 PM »
Clinton, Obama rapped for taking cash from hip-hop producers
Jim Brown
OneNewsNow.com
April 27, 2007

An African-American ministry is drawing attention to what it sees as the selective moral outrage of two Democratic presidential candidates, Senators Hillary Clinton (D-NY) and Barack Obama (D-IL), who were outspoken critics of former MSNBC host Don Imus following his denigrating comments about the Rutgers University women's basketball team.

Clinton reportedly raked in $800,000 at a fundraiser hosted by rapper Timbaland, whose obscene and demeaning lyrics about women, critics say, make Don Imus's remarks pale in comparison. And Obama, who was quick to call for the firing of Imus, collected more than a million dollars at a fundraiser hosted by Hollywood mogul David Geffen, whose record company produces the albums of profane rappers like Snoop Dogg.

Dean Nelson is with the Network of Politically Active Christians (NPAC), a ministry of Wellington Boone Ministries. He says both Clinton and Obama are employing a double standard.

"Where some may suggest that they need to return the cash, I think at least they have to answer the question, what do you stand for," Nelson asserts, "because, if you're running for the highest office in the land, you can't say publicly that it is wrong to make derogatory comments like [those for which Imus was fired] but then, at the same time, take money from people whose livelihood is from an industry that makes millions, if not billions of dollars from that same type of language through the airwaves."

Both the Clinton and Obama campaigns are refraining to comment on the accusations, but the NPAC spokesman insists that both presidential hopefuls demonstrated hypocrisy by taking campaign donations from the producers of obscene and misogynistic rap lyrics while condemning Don Imus's denigrating remarks about the Rutger's women's basketball team.

"The question must be asked of both of those candidates, what do you stand for," Nelson says. "And you can't say you stand for upholding a sense of righteousness and good values," he contends, "when you take money from people who make their living entirely off the promotion of such vile words as 'hos' and other derogatory comments that they have made."

Nelson says Clinton and Obama's apparently selective moral outrage speaks to a political double-standard that is common in both the Republican and Democratic parties today.

All Original Content Copyright 2006-2007 American Family News Network - All Rights Reserved

Absolute hypocrites. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »
big deal ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 04:39:07 PM »
I guess Jim Brown  has never listened to a Timbaland CD. Very Tame.

Another ignorant idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. To put Tim (who was with Swing Mob back in the day) and basically put Justin Timberfake on the map (with the current album) in the same category as Snoop....Completely two different stles (Tim is mostl known for producing not rapping)

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 04:42:01 PM »
I would be interesting to see where all of the Repubs money is coming from and see if it is anything they preach against.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 04:58:42 PM »
big deal ::)
Yeah you would say that.  As long as it's not Bush right?  ::)
Squishy face retard

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 05:32:14 PM »
collpus...

remember

bush is a friend of the osama family  :)
carpe` vaginum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 11:42:25 PM »
Absolute hypocrites. 

You're right.

And will you now admit that BOTH dems and repubs do it?

Come on, you can deliver your once-monthly shot of honesty and integrity...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 12:28:00 AM »
You're right.

And will you now admit that BOTH dems and repubs do it?

Come on, you can deliver your once-monthly shot of honesty and integrity...

Anything you say Mrs. Doubtfire.  But first tell me:  how do you deal with those dishpan hands? 

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 04:58:52 AM »
Absolute hypocrites. 

Speaking of hypocrisy the last line of the title post is:

"All Original Content Copyright 2006-2007 American Family News Network - All Rights Reserved"

Violated by Colossus and by you.   ::)  Let's here more from the moral right wrong.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 07:17:58 AM »
Anything you say Mrs. Doubtfire.  But first tell me:  how do you deal with those dishpan hands? 

monster dodge.

sucks that you're not as close to your family as you should be. 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 08:59:01 AM »
I would be interesting to see where all of the Repubs money is coming from and see if it is anything they preach against.

As would I.

I'm not surprised that Hillary Clinton is a hypocrite regarding this situation but I'm a little surprised and disappointed Obama is.

BTW, I'm glad to see you asking questions about the Republicans, most of the boards Republican supporters wouldn't.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 10:07:36 AM »
Speaking of hypocrisy the last line of the title post is:

"All Original Content Copyright 2006-2007 American Family News Network - All Rights Reserved"

Violated by Colossus and by you.   ::)  Let's here more from the moral right wrong.  ;D

???

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 02:30:45 PM »
???

It's called copyright infringement. Duh!

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 02:55:17 PM »
As would I.

I'm not surprised that Hillary Clinton is a hypocrite regarding this situation but I'm a little surprised and disappointed Obama is.

BTW, I'm glad to see you asking questions about the Republicans, most of the boards Republican supporters wouldn't.

I honestly don't back any particular party. I will always try to be able to debate both sides, makes things more interesting

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 04:02:38 PM »
It's called copyright infringement. Duh!

O Rly?  What specific "copyright infringement" law are you referring to and how and Colossus and I violate it?