Author Topic: David Haye - boxings next big thing in the HW's?  (Read 2136 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
David Haye - boxings next big thing in the HW's?
« on: April 28, 2007, 03:45:55 AM »
I love watching "The Haymaker" but he has seemed to struggle at times at Cruiserweight. Last night he debuted at heavyweight and ive never seen him look so good. He looks like a natural heavyweight, having added 17lbs, and his 1 round demolition last night against the WBC's number 11 (37 wins from 38 before the fight) was phenomenal. Anyone else watch the fight?
Scouser on Tour

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
Re: David Haye - boxings next big thing in the HW's?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 03:49:10 AM »
He said he actually came down in weight for the fight, about a stone and he would fight around 16.5 stone if he did go into the heavyweights.  He gave that Pole a good battering.

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 06:57:15 AM »
Just saw the fight on Youtube and he did look good: Fast hands and kept his power moving up a division. I remember Fraudley having fits with Bonin before the dodgy stoppage saved him.

It will be interesting to see what happens when a heavyweight tests Haye's suspect chin though.

mojo jojo

• Getbig I
  • ive got something in my pocket
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 03:22:15 PM »
i liked the look of haye up at heavy, personally i believe he would get destroyed off macarinelli at cruiser, plus he looked pretty lean at a stone heavier, i think he should stay at heavy instead of yo-yoing

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 04:14:36 AM »
exactly, Enzo is the man at cruiserweight and i think he would KO Haye as his chin isnt as good as people think. Haye usually fights at 14 stones 4 in the cruisers, so to look THAT comfortable with the additional weight only solidified the theory that he would make a much better and more natural heavyweight
Scouser on Tour

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 04:47:17 AM »
Hayes chin is suspect - but so is Macrinellis. Don't forget he got floored by a goofy journeyman called Hobson. Macrinelli has also never faced anyone with Hayes speed and power. Damn, a bout between them would be the domestic battle of the decade! [unless Calzaghe fights Froch]

Haye did look very impressive at HW. I notice one of his new training partners is former sprint champ Duaine Ladajio - banned for takig nandrolone. Hmmm.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 05:32:09 AM »
Hayes chin is suspect - but so is Macrinellis. Don't forget he got floored by a goofy journeyman called Hobson. Macrinelli has also never faced anyone with Hayes speed and power. Damn, a bout between them would be the domestic battle of the decade! [unless Calzaghe fights Froch]

Haye did look very impressive at HW. I notice one of his new training partners is former sprint champ Duaine Ladajio - banned for takig nandrolone. Hmmm.

Hobson is no mug, he is not going to shatter the international ranks but he is sound technically and carries a decent punch.

Macrinaneli battered him soonafter also

I totally agree about Hayes chin it is almost non existant against a good heavyweight he will be downed.

Lastly i did not know about ladejio training with him but it does make you wonder about his weight gain

ta ta

ps he seems like he has his head screwed on though and is a nice guy

Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 07:38:08 AM »
He does seem a nice guy, and remarkably intelligent for a boxer. Always surrounds himself with busty beauties as well, ha ha.

I honestly think in todays remarkably poor HW division he could clean up - unless Klitchko and Lewis decide to return.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 07:42:25 AM »
LaDejo is a freak of nature and his fitness expertise should be a massive help to Haye. Haye is a naturally big guy so the weight gain isnt that much of a surprise unless he was stupid enough to use steroids - something he doesnt need at all
Scouser on Tour

amc1980

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 03:06:37 AM »
Haye was put on queer street by non-punching super middle weight Lolenga Mock, knocked out cold as an amateur heavyweight and, if the rumours are to be believed, fucked up by a jab from Danny Williams in sparring.

I have a feeling he may end up like Herbie Hide at heavyweight, not quite possesing the defence or chin to reach the top level.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 09:58:40 AM »
cursed like Herol Graham, he was the best boxer of his generation but no chin at all   :'(
Scouser on Tour

amc1980

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 11:30:24 AM »
cursed like Herol Graham, he was the best boxer of his generation but no chin at all   :'(

Do you remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhVi7cH-LaQ&mode=related&search=

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 09:58:44 AM »
he absolutely dominated the fight, completely 1 sided affair and got KOed by a half decent (at best) right hook. No chin to his name at all, but all the ability in the world
Scouser on Tour