Author Topic: And with the first pick...........  (Read 23464 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: And with the first pick...........
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2007, 01:19:06 PM »
Wow, Cleveland.

Very aggressive. Wonder what the had to give up for Dallas' pick?

The Browns get Quinn because of one team. The Miami Dolphins. One team caused Quinn to fall 14 spots.

body88

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2007, 01:20:33 PM »
Wow, Cleveland.

Very aggressive. Wonder what the had to give up for Dallas' pick?

2nd plus 2008 first, which will be high. God damn it!!!!! If he had lasted until 24 the pats would have been able to swing that plus have there 28th pick this year. Oh well!

Props to the browns, they had a nice draft. They saved millions on Quinn.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2007, 01:23:57 PM »
good move by Cleveland

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2007, 01:24:28 PM »
Risky move, I think. If Cleveland has a winning year next year, they would've selected low in the 1st anyway in '08.

But that's only if they win next year. If they win only 6 games in '07, then they won't have a 1st round pick that they would really need for '08.

body88

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2007, 01:25:31 PM »
I see that Staley, Harris, Mechuem, Branch and Olsen are still on the board. All players the pats would be interested in.

body88

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2007, 01:27:40 PM »
Risky move, I think. If Cleveland has a winning year next year, they would've selected low in the 1st anyway in '08.

But that's only if they win next year. If they win only 6 games in '07, then they won't have a 1st round pick that they would really need for '08.

I think the browns are drafting for the future. Worst case they have a high second round pick next year. They pick up a stud in Joe Thomas and a possible franchise qb in Quinn. They saved millions doing so with Quinn. They had to look at the qb's available next year and decide Quinn was better. I like this draft. To pull the second highest rated qb in the draft at number 23 after scoring Joe Thomas is crazy. Looks like the chiefs/ravens wanted Quinn.

body88

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2007, 01:32:43 PM »
Chiefs take Dwane Bowe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

body88

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2007, 01:47:48 PM »
The pats take BRANDON MERIWEATHER... My first pick for safteys on the big board is correct!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2007, 01:48:27 PM »
merriweather to ne. called it.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2007, 01:51:04 PM »
Merriweather has some character issues but what better team and coaching staff to be drafted by.

body88

« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2007, 01:54:37 PM »
Merriweather has some character issues but what better team and coaching staff to be drafted by.

I dont think so. He was involved in that brawl between Miami and FIU. I would not call getting into a fight one time on the field a charector issue. Richard Seymour stomped on some guys head during a pats game a few years back. He is a model player. Everyone makes mistakes. I love this pick. Merriweather is a criminology major and his father is a cop. He owns a registered hand gun jus like a million other athletes. Someone shot his roomate so he fired back in self defense. Miami dade police made it clear it was self defense and he did nothing illegal.They said the same things about Corey Dillion! He is a serious talent who lost stock due to a dumb mistake in a fight! Meriweather appologized for the fight and took full responsibility for his mistake. not hard to see how a kid could get caught up in a team wide brawl. Bp and Pioli dot all there i's. I think this was a tremendus pickup. Ed Reed clone who can also play nickel. I was really high on this kid all year, sorry for getting all pumped up in this post lol!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2007, 01:56:21 PM »
Yeah and using a legally purchased and registered gun is not exactly wrong...maybe another Rodney Harrison. ..ok what now
L

body88

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2007, 01:58:12 PM »
Yeah and using a legally purchased and registered gun is not exactly wrong...maybe another Rodney Harrison. ..ok what now

The miami police blatently said he was defending his roomate after being shot, and did nothing illegal. He is a criminolgy major who was studying to be a police officer. Christ, his dad is a cop. He owns a registered handgun. Would you shoot back if you owned a legal hand gun and someone was trying to murder your roomate, I would. They need something to sensationalize. Trust me this is a tremendus pick up. Meriweather is a top 15 talent. He can also play corner and cover the slot. He is sick.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2007, 02:04:06 PM »
I'm happy...we needed to address the secondary....they might try and pick up some more help late rounds...BB doesn't like rooky Lb's so I fully expect them to start stockpiling TE's.
L

body88

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2007, 02:05:30 PM »
I'm happy...we needed to address the secondary....they might try and pick up some more help late rounds...BB doesn't like rooky Lb's so I fully expect them to start stockpiling TE's.

I hope they take Harris. If they take Meriweather and Harris I would be beyond happy. Staley would be a sweet grab also.

body88

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2007, 02:07:21 PM »
Cowboys take Spencer

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2007, 02:10:40 PM »
If they take staley that would be atleast 2 1st rounders on the line..its getting time to start drafting TE's :P
L

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2007, 02:11:29 PM »
I hope they take Harris. If they take Meriweather and Harris I would be beyond happy. Staley would be a sweet grab also

i don't know about giving up those picks for him

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2007, 02:12:59 PM »
I'm getting sick of these coors light commercials

body88

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2007, 02:15:30 PM »
out gving

i don't know about giving up those picks for him

Staley or Harris? They are def worth the 28th pick to NE. especially Staley. The pats philosophy is that the war is won on the lines. Check out the Warren, Seymour, Makins and Wilfork picks. Branch is still on the board. They could also go wr because Stallworth and Washington where only given one year deals. Jackson will be abck tho and he is going to be very good.

Im frekin pumped about Meriweather, he is a top 15 talent.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2007, 02:17:18 PM »

Staley or Harris? They are def worth the 28th pick to NE. especially Staley. The pats philosophy is that the war is won on the lines. Check out the Warren, Seymour, Makins and wilfork pics.

sory,meant Dallas.

body88

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2007, 02:18:16 PM »

body88

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2007, 02:20:21 PM »
Saints take Robert Mechum

body88

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2007, 02:32:30 PM »
Saints take Robert Mechum

Pats trade down with 49ers!!!  I hoped they would trade the second pick!!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2007, 02:32:53 PM »
trade time