Author Topic: And with the first pick...........  (Read 23476 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: And with the first pick...........
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2007, 01:44:49 PM »
If you watched they got a number 1 back with a trade witht the Colts.

they did?  who?

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2007, 01:46:13 PM »
Great thought, only one correction..........Brya nt was waived. Other than that I feel the 9ers will be more competitive, especially now that they not only got Jackson, but took him away from a rival. 2 birds with 1 stone.

think about it form the seahawks point of view

why would they trade a guy to their division rival if they thought he was somebody that could hurt them down the road...

E
E

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2007, 01:57:46 PM »
think about it form the seahawks point of view

why would they trade a guy to their division rival if they thought he was somebody that could hurt them down the road...

E
He's not injured, and he was their best receiver the last 2 years. Maybe age, but still productive. And it's pretty obvius that the Seahawks still think they are better than the 9ers, albeit they got swept last year. ;D

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2007, 02:00:06 PM »
haha the niners are so stupid trading next years number one for this guy

now the pats will probably have a top 15 pick next year

the rich get richer :-\

E
Here's osme stats on the 9ers 1st round pick trades.
FIRST ROUND TRADES
 Since 1979, the 49ers have traded their first round selection 11 times (1980, 1982, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004 and 2006).
 During this span, San Francisco has only retained the team’s original first round pick five times: DB Ronnie Lott (8th overall in 1981), LB Todd Shell (23rd overall in 1984), T Harris Barton (22nd overall in 1987), LB Keith DeLong (28th overall in 1989) and QB Alex Smith (1st overall in 2005).

Goes to show that No.1 pick isn't always the 9ers best picks. They flourish on the picks form the 2nd round on.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2007, 02:03:51 PM »
they did?  who?

E
From Colts website.

They then traded their 2008 first-round selection and the 126th selection of this year’s draft to the San Francisco 49ers for the 10th selection of the second round. They used that second-round selection to take offensive guard Tony Ugoh from Arkansas.

body88

« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2007, 02:08:38 PM »
I don't know about that, Body88. The Niners are due to make high strides this year. Wouldn't be suprised if they win 9 or 10 games in 2007. Don't know about a top ten draft pick. That Niners offense has a chance to be explosive this year. Darrell Jackson, Ashlie Leslie, and Antonio Bryant at WR, Vernon Davis at TE, and Frank Gore who's a beast at RB? Let's not forget that Alex Smith showed significant improvement last year. Their O-line should be vastly improved with the drafting of Staley also. The additions of Willis(draft), Banta-Cain, Clements, and Michael lewis on defense will be huge as well. Could very well translate to a very successful season.  Bet on drafting in the lower tier of the 1st round with that extra 1st rounder in '08.

There is a very slim chance the patriots will get a draft pick from the niners higher then the 28th they Traded.The patriots made a pick with there 24th and traded there 28th for a first rounder and a fourth they used to get Randy Moss. So the pats 28 = 2008 first round pick, and Randy Moss. Either way the pats will have two draft choices in a very deep draft in the first round next year. Worst case scenario they draft at the bottom of the first round like they always do. Something I would not be worried about in the least. The pats have the most draft picks starting in the nfl. The pats also nabbed the raiders third round pick for 2008. Instead of the pats using there 28th on what they saw as second round talent at 28 they traded it. Could not be happier with that move. They are stockpiling picks for the future. They added nine players in this draft.

The niners pulled a slick move on indy. Ps, not a dig on San fran they had a fantastic draft. I say it is unlikley they hand us a pick around 28 not because of talent, jus due to development the rooks/team will need. I expect the pick to be around 15 - 20. even if it is higher who cares? It could also be 10 - 15. The pats always pick at the bottom of the rounds.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2007, 04:57:03 PM »
Niners take Joe Staley. Staley and Willis are awesome pickps for SF

Yep.  I love what the Niners did in the draft.  Getting DJax from Seattle for a 4th was a great move too.  I think we have solidified the WR position with Lelie and DJax.  Gore is a stud.  Vernon Davis is a freak.  Alex Smith is improving.  Very excited about the upcoming season. 

body88

« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2007, 05:08:07 PM »
Yep.  I love what the Niners did in the draft.  Getting DJax from Seattle for a 4th was a great move too.  I think we have solidified the WR position with Lelie and DJax.  Gore is a stud.  Vernon Davis is a freak.  Alex Smith is improving.  Very excited about the upcoming season. 

Had NE not already had two quality centers, I think they would have took Staley instead of trading the extra pick for the 08 first rounder, and Moss. No pick at 28 really made sense for us if you take Staley out of the deal. Other then Staley all the other picks at 28 plus where second round talent. Tough Market to trade down in this year (buyers market) everyone wanted to trade down.

I loved SF's draft. Willis is a beast.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2007, 05:37:15 AM »
Had NE not already had two quality centers, I think they would have took Staley instead of trading the extra pick for the 08 first rounder, and Moss. No pick at 28 really made sense for us if you take Staley out of the deal. Other then Staley all the other picks at 28 plus where second round talent. Tough Market to trade down in this year (buyers market) everyone wanted to trade down.

I loved SF's draft. Willis is a beast.
SF should be able to be great at stopping the run this year, and hopefully with the LB's along with Manny Lawson, they can throw in some cover blitz packages that confuse whomever they are playing.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2007, 06:09:36 AM »
WTF..QB with the first pick? If he turns out to be the next Mcnabb in a few years great maybe we can get a first rounder for him but I really thought first day should have been a CB or S. With Houston on the board at DB I was shocked we did not pick him. The to get another LB?? I do like the DE from ND and the pick of Hunt is a steal that going to pay off when we need to control the clock late in the game. All and all I was not excited but trust what andy has done in the past regarding forward thinking.

The browns and 49ers had a great draft IMHO.

WTF can the Pats be any more stocked..Moss for a 4th rounder, Hell I would have traded a 4th this year and next for him...The Pats are the front runners for the big game again.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2007, 10:21:33 AM »
Typical Giants draft,nothing special.
there moving Kiwanuka to Lb,thats why Deossie was
the only Lb they took.