Author Topic: Nitro-tech vs. Optimum Whey?  (Read 18711 times)

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
Nitro-tech vs. Optimum Whey?
« on: April 29, 2007, 02:20:59 AM »
I currently take Optimum Nutrition's 100% whey as my whey protein.  However I have recently come across an opportunity to pick up Nitro-tech (new formula) for the same price.  Would you make the switch?  I know a lotta people like Optimum Nutrition as it is a good protein for value, but heads up against Nitro-tech for the same price would you make the switch?  I guess I'm curious to what you think is the superior protein (no matter how insignificant the difference)  Thanks. 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Nitro-tech vs. Optimum Whey?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 05:24:20 AM »
Im sure it matters very little if any.  Do you really think it will make a difference?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 11:15:11 AM »
I currently take Optimum Nutrition's 100% whey as my whey protein.  However I have recently come across an opportunity to pick up Nitro-tech (new formula) for the same price.  Would you make the switch?  I know a lotta people like Optimum Nutrition as it is a good protein for value, but heads up against Nitro-tech for the same price would you make the switch?  I guess I'm curious to what you think is the superior protein (no matter how insignificant the difference)  Thanks. 

If you're talking about ON Classic Whey vs. NITRO-TECH, I'd go with NITRO-TECH.

If you're comparing ON 100% Whey Gold Standard vs. NITRO-TECH, that's a bit of a toss-up. I'd give the edge to ON Gold Standard, based on taste.

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 04:16:59 PM »
ON is a way better tasting product, but Nitro-tech dose have some added creatine.  That alone imo makes it a better product for gaining muscle. No I dont think the small amount of creatine justifies the price but you said you could get it for the same as ON.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 08:15:54 PM »
Im sure it matters very little if any.  Do you really think it will make a difference?

Seriously guys, it's not rocket science. 

I think ON makes good, cheap products but MCWay has probably tried everything so he might know better.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 09:52:27 AM »
Seriously guys, it's not rocket science. 

I think ON makes good, cheap products but MCWay has probably tried everything so he might know better.

I wouldn't say everything. Like Azn Muscle, I often get to try certain products, when they get marked down. That's how I tried NITRO-TECH. Usually, the marked-down ones were the "deisigner" flavors that didn't taste all that well, (especially the Orange Creme NITRO-TECH).

ON's products sometimes get marked down as well. I've bought a 5-lb jug of 100% Whey Gold Stanard for as little as $20. And, most recently, I've picked up ON's Thermo-Cuts EXTREME for the same price.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 08:05:21 PM »
on has good stuff,i like their pro complex as well,i just bought dymantize whey recently not bad either.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 05:47:20 PM »
sitck with the optimum 100% whey. At least it has whey isolates as the main ingrediant. Nitro tech uses concentrate. It also has a list of useless bs like added creatine monohydrate which is not cool. IMO taste goes to ON as well
-

Slintowin

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • I saw you just the other day my how you have grow
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 08:52:03 PM »
Optimum is the best nitro tech is way way to expensive and will do you know better stick to the king of isolates isopure or optimum

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 06:25:58 PM »
Optimum is the best nitro tech is way way to expensive and will do you know better stick to the king of isolates isopure or optimum

I could have sworn that AZN said something about being able to pick up NITRO-TECH Hardcore for the same price as ON's product.