Author Topic: Your President is an idot  (Read 4932 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Your President is an idot
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 11:38:03 AM »
Nah, we can bitchslap this world silly for years and years to come.  Always remember, this is our planet, the other nations are here on a guest pass from us.  They cross us, we annihilate em.

No nations will cross us, but individual organizations will. This is a global economy now and what makes you think a group of hippies or extremists can't damage the states? And we have control for a few more decades until China catches up and you know they will because they're so much more efficient.. They're ability to provide cheap labor makes them more efficient and we already know they're smart as they have a higher mean IQ than the US. China and India are producing tube socks now, but they're venturing in oil refining, software, automobiles, banking and soon they'll do as much as the US.  :-\ it's just a matter of time..

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 11:43:11 AM »
We have alternatives in the works and they can be pulled out and put into place whenever we run out of oil. They just want to milk all the oil until there's no more of it, which means higher and higher profits for oil companies.. Higher corporate profits cause the US economy to grow.

We may have oil in the near future but we've essentially destroyed our reputation around the world and we've also given people a reason to actually hate us. This may or may nor have a negative impact on you, but your children and future Americans will have trouble on their hands.

Yeah but don't forget we can't switch to alternitives overnight and it will also be very costly at first to convert over so why not hold out as long a possible while perfecting it at the same time.
I

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 12:56:26 PM »

Yeah but don't forget we can't switch to alternitives overnight and it will also be very costly at first to convert over so why not hold out as long a possible while perfecting it at the same time.

George W Bush only started this year to talk about alternative fuel sources, how USA should be less dependent on oil, and the efforts aren't exactly 100%.

With another president, chances are that this drive would've started much earlier, and with a bigger thrust.

As it happens, Bush is tied up in the oil lobby, a puppet.

IMO, it would have been somewhat understandable or maybe acceptable if Bush had gained something for the USA for all his efforts.

Ie, if you make omelette, you have to break some eggs, that kind of philosophy. That you will have to pay a price for giving benefits to the USA.

But it doesn't seem like Bush has managed to create anything worthwhile with his politics. He will leave a heavy bag of troubles to deal with for Giuliani or Edwards, or whoever replaces him.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 01:12:46 PM »
George W Bush only started this year to talk about alternative fuel sources, how USA should be less dependent on oil, and the efforts aren't exactly 100%.

With another president, chances are that this drive would've started much earlier, and with a bigger thrust.

IMO, it would have been somewhat understandable or maybe acceptable if Bush had gained something for the USA for all his efforts.

Ie, if you make omelette, you have to break some eggs, that kind of philosophy. That you will have to pay a price for giving benefits to the USA.

But it doesn't seem like Bush has managed to create anything worthwhile with his politics. He will leave a heavy bag of troubles to deal with for Giuliani or Edwards, or whoever replaces him.

-Hedge

I think in the end we will get something major from this, who knows what they have planned but if it all works things could change allot for the better. Countries have been fighting over resources for as long as we have been here, this is a time for us to take ahold of a region that everyone would like to have but we are the only ones with the balls to make a big presence there. We may look back at this and say thank god we have all this oil, took down extremist and are still the most influential and powerfull country in the world.
I

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2007, 01:18:27 PM »

I think in the end we will get something major from this, who knows what they have planned but if it all works things could change allot for the better. Countries have been fighting over resources for as long as we have been here, this is a time for us to take ahold of a region that everyone would like to have but we are the only ones with the balls to make a big presence there. We may look back at this and say thank god we have all this oil, took down extremist and are still the most influential and powerfull country in the world.

You should just change your screen name to Polly Anna.  :-\

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 01:58:26 PM »
You should just change your screen name to Polly Anna.  :-\

Sorry I try to keep a positive mentality rather then the constantly unhappy crybaby non stop bitching type of attitude most the fags of the U.S. have. I didn't know it wasn't cool to agree with your government and support them in what there doing, I must be unamerican. ::)
I

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 02:04:46 PM »

-Hedge

I would love to see where lobbying money comes from. Is there a record somewhere of what people recieve and from who? I bet all politicians (both sides) are tied up in the Oil lobby. And if they don't recieve direct dollars from the oil company I bet they recieve money from a company that benefits from oil. As soon as corn farmers can fess up enough lobby money to compete with oil companies I don't see this problem going away.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2007, 02:05:49 PM »
Indiana Department of Transportation  ???
S

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 02:08:14 PM »

Sorry I try to keep a positive mentality rather then the constantly unhappy crybaby non stop bitching type of attitude most the fags of the U.S. have. I didn't know it wasn't cool to agree with your government and support them in what there doing, I must be unamerican. ::)

FWIW, whoever takes over after Bush, will be equally hammered or even more in the media.

After the usual 3-4 month honeymoon, then the media and everyone will start to look for faults in the new Commander in Chief.

It's the way things works.

Clinton always provided Leno and Letterman with tons of material. Just as Bush is.

Nothing has changed.

So if Giuliani wins, or if Edwards or Clinton wins, most people on this board, six months into the presidency or so, will be finding tons of flaws.

The nature of the beast.

Although, Bush isn't just suffering from this, he's not a good president period.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2007, 02:14:32 PM »
FWIW, whoever takes over after Bush, will be equally hammered or even more in the media.

After the usual 3-4 month honeymoon, then the media and everyone will start to look for faults in the new Commander in Chief.

It's the way things works.

Clinton always provided Leno and Letterman with tons of material. Just as Bush is.

Nothing has changed.

So if Giuliani wins, or if Edwards or Clinton wins, most people on this board, six months into the presidency or so, will be finding tons of flaws.

The nature of the beast.

Although, Bush isn't just suffering from this, he's not a good president period.

-Hedge

Well one great trait I have is I don't take anything the media says seriously and don't get caught up in there fucked up views. I actually must say I hate the media regarding almost every issue political or not. The media could never convince me to like or dislike anyone.
I

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2007, 09:27:09 PM »
this year, the crops planted specifically for ethanol in the US was the largest since WWII.

That's a good sign.  there will be an adjustment period, but they know something we don't.  perhaps peak oil is close. perhaps iraq is the last tap solution. who knows.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 12:10:08 AM »
this year, the crops planted specifically for ethanol in the US was the largest since WWII.

That's a good sign.  there will be an adjustment period, but they know something we don't.  perhaps peak oil is close. perhaps iraq is the last tap solution. who knows.

That's conspiracy thinking, making a drama of everything, making everything exciting.

It could be that Bush Administration finally realised that alternative fuel sources isn't just Greenpeace talk, but actually a way out of oil dependency.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 02:25:39 AM »
That's conspiracy thinking, making a drama of everything, making everything exciting.

It could be that Bush Administration finally realised that alternative fuel sources isn't just Greenpeace talk, but actually a way out of oil dependency.

-Hedge

Well they need to know vehicles will be built which use it and that comes down to the auto makers. Also over the past few years people have been more willing to try out those kinds of vehicles especially since they can still drive there SUV's and Trucks while using it, something not possible 5 years ago.
I

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 03:00:28 AM »

Well they need to know vehicles will be built which use it and that comes down to the auto makers. Also over the past few years people have been more willing to try out those kinds of vehicles especially since they can still drive there SUV's and Trucks while using it, something not possible 5 years ago.

The government could do a couple of things to benefit alternative fuel sources:

1. Tax cuts, benefits and funds directed towards research and development of cars running on alternative sources.

2. A tax raise over a few years on gas, making it progressively more expensive, in a couple more years getting it up to around $10-12 a gallon, with the all the funds from the gas taxes going straight to the development of alternative fuels.

Especially 2. would get the car industry producing effective cars and alternative cars in no-time.

It would make it economically sound for them to put resources into develop for that market.

But Bush caters to the oil sheiks. He's in bed with the Saudi Royal family. >:(

And the American people (and the world), is getting fcuked in the meantime.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 03:12:00 AM »
The government could do a couple of things to benefit alternative fuel sources:

1. Tax cuts, benefits and funds directed towards research and development of cars running on alternative sources.

2. A tax raise over a few years on gas, making it progressively more expensive, in a couple more years getting it up to around $10-12 a gallon, with the all the funds from the gas taxes going straight to the development of alternative fuels.

Especially 2. would get the car industry producing effective cars and alternative cars in no-time.

It would make it economically sound for them to put resources into develop for that market.

But Bush caters to the oil sheiks. He's in bed with the Saudi Royal family. >:(

And the American people (and the world), is getting fcuked in the meantime.

-Hedge

I believe there is already tax cuts for using hybrids or alternitive fuel cars.

Number 2 would and could not work, what about all the people who can't afford new cars, how can they pay outrageous gasoline prices when they make under 20K a year. It would just be unfair. Also the prices are going to go up regardless so why make it even worse with a tax. I say find stupid shit we don't need and put more taxes on that. You can't just force big taxes on such a huge industry and something people rely on not just want, it would end up with another Boston Tea Party type of scenario, it affects millions of people inside and outside of that industry. There is no quick way to get around this, it will take time (like 15-20years at least) to have up to 50% of vehicles on alternitives.
I

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2007, 04:42:20 AM »

I believe there is already tax cuts for using hybrids or alternitive fuel cars.

Number 2 would and could not work, what about all the people who can't afford new cars, how can they pay outrageous gasoline prices when they make under 20K a year. It would just be unfair. Also the prices are going to go up regardless so why make it even worse with a tax. I say find stupid shit we don't need and put more taxes on that. You can't just force big taxes on such a huge industry and something people rely on not just want, it would end up with another Boston Tea Party type of scenario, it affects millions of people inside and outside of that industry. There is no quick way to get around this, it will take time (like 15-20years at least) to have up to 50% of vehicles on alternitives.

The reason to put hevy taxes on gas and transfer the funds from those taxes to alternative resources, as well as community transports, and such, is that it would give the resources for a faster transformation, which would benefit all.

It would have to be done gradually of course, and by making investments in public transportations/ public transportation infrastructure, those with poor economy, would not suffer, but rather possibly be even better off.

What I mean with p.t. infrastructure, is that every major city in the USA, lets say with more than 500 000 citizens, should have some kind of subway system. It would free up the downtowns and make it all helluva more efficient and productive too.

High tax on gas would have to be done gradually, and poor people would have to be monitored. But it is probably the best way USA can get less dependant on oil. As USA is highly independent in every other aspect.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2007, 04:47:47 AM »
The reason to put hevy taxes on gas and transfer the funds from those taxes to alternative resources, as well as community transports, and such, is that it would give the resources for a faster transformation, which would benefit all.

It would have to be done gradually of course, and by making investments in public transportations/ public transportation infrastructure, those with poor economy, would not suffer, but rather possibly be even better off.

What I mean with p.t. infrastructure, is that every major city in the USA, lets say with more than 500 000 citizens, should have some kind of subway system. It would free up the downtowns and make it all helluva more efficient and productive too.

High tax on gas would have to be done gradually, and poor people would have to be monitored. But it is probably the best way USA can get less dependant on oil. As USA is highly independent in every other aspect.

-Hedge

But what about the large number of people living outside of big cities. Not all poor people live in big cities, there isn't that much of the total population that lives in cities of 500,000 or more.
I

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2007, 06:32:41 AM »

But what about the large number of people living outside of big cities. Not all poor people live in big cities, there isn't that much of the total population that lives in cities of 500,000 or more.

The building of the subways is only one part.

There could be a big expansion of public transportation system, buses, as well.

But like I mentioned, the developing situation has to be monitored carefully, especially for those with tight budgets.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2007, 06:39:24 AM »
The building of the subways is only one part.

There could be a big expansion of public transportation system, buses, as well.

But like I mentioned, the developing situation has to be monitored carefully, especially for those with tight budgets.

-Hedge

Well yeah I get it but like I said what about people who live in rural areas who have to travel a fair distance to even get to the next house or people in town of less then 5,000. If anything make it a city tax and not a federal one so only those living in those big cities would be forced to use alternitive cars/fuels or use public trans.
I

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2007, 07:25:43 AM »

Well yeah I get it but like I said what about people who live in rural areas who have to travel a fair distance to even get to the next house or people in town of less then 5,000. If anything make it a city tax and not a federal one so only those living in those big cities would be forced to use alternitive cars/fuels or use public trans.

Something like that yeah. People in Montana and other places that doesn't have electricity yet  ;D need some kind of break.

What this should be, I don't really know, but somehow it needs to be addressed.

I'm confident that as long as these obstacles are brought up, they will be taken into consideration.

Eg, in Norway, people living in the outback gets tax breaks. In Sweden, there are tax cuts for those who have big mileage when driving to work.

Just some examples.

I'm not saying these things are what should be done in the US, but rather mentioning them as an example of how there is possibilities to adjust for higher expenses in the wild.

Bottom line though: USA needs to become less oil dependent. Fast. And without the low income class suffering from it.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise