Author Topic: Is there any doubt that Iraq is the new Vietnam?  (Read 3233 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Is there any doubt that Iraq is the new Vietnam?
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:45:22 AM »
And we have our "great and wise" ..............."decider" to thank for  this!

Discuss.  ;D

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Re: Is there any doubt that Iraq is the new Vietnam?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:46:24 AM »
No terrorist attack on american soil since the war began.

Argue that numbskulls.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 08:50:32 AM »

Argue that numbskulls.

I'm sorry,  did you not read the topic thread?   

::)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 08:51:16 AM »
I'm sorry,  did you not read the topic thread?   

::)

My bad.  No, its not the new vietnam.
Bye, time to golf.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 08:59:05 AM »

Argue that numbskulls.

Hey speaking of numbskulls remember when the Bush administration told us to buy duct tape and plastic wrap to protect ourselves from a chemical weapon?

I wonder if scientists at MIT and Cal Tech approved of that method as well.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 09:00:26 AM »

Argue that numbskulls.

Did you miss the whole anthrax thing?

Did you miss the attacks on US Embassies? (they are US soil too)

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 09:05:03 AM »
NO it is certainly not another nam

the iraq was is going exactly as planned

the amreekan government learned their lesson from vietnam, namely you cannot win a war with a high US casualty rate being broadcast daily... thats why you have about 3 soldiers dying a day ... that doesnt mean anything in the greater scheme of things

the idea in iraq is to keep a level of chaos as a pretext to keep your soldiers and infrastructure there to secure the resources in that region and prepare to invade iran

do not be fooled by the smoke and mirrors you see in the mainstream media ... you aint leaving there ... and if you have a troop pull out mercs will replace them so its all the same

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 09:43:02 AM »
Hey speaking of numbskulls remember when the Bush administration told us to buy duct tape and plastic wrap to protect ourselves from a chemical weapon?

fuc totally forgot about that, everywhere was out of duct tape, what was the plan? tape over air conditioning vents and protect windows, oh brother.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 09:50:36 AM »
NO it is certainly not another nam

the iraq was is going exactly as planned

the amreekan government learned their lesson from vietnam, namely you cannot win a war with a high US casualty rate being broadcast daily... thats why you have about 3 soldiers dying a day ... that doesnt mean anything in the greater scheme of things

the idea in iraq is to keep a level of chaos as a pretext to keep your soldiers and infrastructure there to secure the resources in that region and prepare to invade iran

do not be fooled by the smoke and mirrors you see in the mainstream media ... you aint leaving there ... and if you have a troop pull out mercs will replace them so its all the same

In other words they were concerned about casualties in nam, but they sure as hell aren't here.

3-6 soliders dead a day is nothing if it's an excuse for the us to stay there and gorge on all that oil..

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 09:58:14 AM »
fuc totally forgot about that, everywhere was out of duct tape, what was the plan? tape over air conditioning vents and protect windows, oh brother.

Yep, plastic wrap over windows and vents held on with duct tape. And we were all supposed to run out and stock up on these incredible chemical weapon fighting tools.  ::)

Another beauty was all the Code Blue or Code Red or whatever they were that the administration would call. All citizens were supposed to search the highways and byways for "anything suspicious". Another genius level terrorist prevention tool. I'm surprised people weren't killed.

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 09:58:27 AM »
In other words they were concerned about casualties in nam, but they sure as hell aren't here.

3-6 soliders dead a day is nothing if it's an excuse for the us to stay there and gorge on all that oil..

yes and no ... i doubt they gave a fuck about a bunch of "hick spiks and ni88ers" dying ... rather tehy cared about domestic opposition which skyrocketed cause nam was the first war where you had live daily in your face footage of the death and destruction war causes ... people dont give a shit when they dont have to see it ... but when they do lookout

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 10:16:06 AM »
i think so its even worse than vietnam...
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 10:18:50 AM »
No gooks saying Love me long time makes Iraq worse ..
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 10:47:28 AM »
And we have our "great and wise" ..............."decider" to thank for  this!

Discuss.  ;D

Yes there is plenty of doubt.  We've already achieved our primary military objective in Iraq.  We have not managed the war properly, but a new government is in place and we're moving towards letting them take primary responsibility for this quagmire.  It's possible Iraq could become another Vietnam, but I don't think we're anywhere near that point. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 10:49:37 AM »

Argue that numbskulls.

irrelevent

there haven't been any attacks by Godzilla either

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 10:52:43 AM »
Yes there is plenty of doubt.  We've already achieved our primary military objective in Iraq.  We have not managed the war properly, but a new government is in place and we're moving towards letting them take primary responsibility for this quagmire.  It's possible Iraq could become another Vietnam, but I don't think we're anywhere near that point. 

We had achived military victory in Vietnam too,  it was a gurilla war remember?    We controlled all the major cites except the jungle,  it was a democratic government in power,  we fought along side the SVA  just like in Iraq....And just think we are about to let them handle things on their own just like we did with Vietnam.......how is this not different?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 10:59:26 AM »
We had achived military victory in Vietnam too,  it was a gurilla war remember?    We controlled all the major cites except the jungle,  it was a democratic government in power,  we fought along side the SVA  just like in Iraq....And just think we are about to let them handle things on their own just like we did with Vietnam.......how is this not different?

What was our objective in Vietnam?  Wasn't it to unify the north and south?  We failed, no?  And we lost over 58,000 service members.  Millions of Vietnamese died.  That hardly compares to Iraq, where we steamrolled the Iraqi army, removed Saddam, captured him, the Iraqi people tried and executed him, a new government has been installed, and the Iraqi military and police will eventually take primarily responsibility. 

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »

I don't know about MIT and Cal Tech but the military approves of it. We cover any equipment that we can't get under cover in plastic and tape in case of a chem attack.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 11:05:20 AM »
as much as i agree the whole thing is a sham and a lie, it's a necessary one.  

and i think the lies are necessary because 90% of america will only support the war if it lines up with their moral compass.  "spreading democracy" does this.  However, "securing resources and global positioning" is something they don't get.

it's basically like giving your kid medicine mixed with candy.  He cannot understand the body's response to medicine nor the necessity of it for him to feel better.  He just understands what tastes good to his taste buds.  Most people are like that, and the daddies that run govt know this.  They also know there are smart kids who will figure out medicine - and their solution to it is to ignore them and let the dumb candy-loving children mock them for their crazy Candy Theories.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 11:06:28 AM »
the Iraqi military and police will eventually take primarily responsibility. 

Not anymore.

That facet of the mission was turned off last week in a very quiet announcement.  We're there to stay, hotshot.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 11:09:45 AM »
Not anymore.

That facet of the mission was turned off last week in a very quiet announcement.  We're there to stay, hotshot.

Is there anyone here that thinks the Democrats if elected will actually withdraw the troops? I don't think they will.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 11:10:50 AM »
If we are there to stay then we need to put this back into the regular budget.  No more special appropriations bullshit while Bush pretends he reducing the budget deficit

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2007, 11:13:09 AM »
If we are there to stay then we need to put this back into the regular budget.  No more special appropriations bullshit while Bush pretends he reducing the budget deficit

I agree with 240, there is no If.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2007, 11:13:41 AM »
Is there anyone here that thinks the Democrats if elected will actually withdraw the troops? I don't think they will.

the democrats will absolutely NOT withdraw troops.

Hilary has known all along.  Obama finally caught the brain train last week and is finally "playing ball" and talking about the need to disarm (read: disoil) iran.  Edwards plays ball too.

The fringe guys like Gravel and Kuscinich are fun to watch, but the firms that give big dollars know the score too, so they're not gonna put any money with these men, whose war plans are morally right but economically wrong.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2007, 11:15:51 AM »
I agree with 240, there is no If.

and the dems are just playing wordgames with this "withdraw suggestion" thing.

and bush is just trying to fire up his base by rejecting a non-binding date suggestion.

Truth is, everyone with any decision making power knows we are in the region for oil that we need to survive as a high-consumption nation.  The guys in charge have decided it's not quite time for an ethanol transition.  It's their call that a megawar for 100 tril (easily iraq + iran) is more cost effective than redoing the US energy system for corn fuel.