Author Topic: This Car is Going to Kick Ass  (Read 2860 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
This Car is Going to Kick Ass
« on: May 01, 2007, 11:20:44 AM »
This car is awesome.  0-60 in under 4 seconds, top speed of 130 and it is electric.  I bet this company is going to do very very very well.  They have already 400 of them pre-sold.  Once the word gets out it is going to be hot.  ANd the are under $100,000. Nice website too.

http://www.teslamotors.com/

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: This Car is Going to Kick Ass
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 11:21:18 AM »
Wrong board...

Hope this helps.
Most are all show no go!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 11:23:15 AM »
This car is awesome.  0-60 in under 4 seconds, top speed of 130 and it is electric.  I bet this company is going to do very very very well.  They have already 400 of them pre-sold.  Once the word gets out it is going to be hot.  ANd the are under $100,000. Nice website too.

Wow you don't even hear the fucker when it grasses you with 130 ///  :'( :'( :-\

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 11:25:21 AM »
pimp my ride...

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 11:30:14 AM »
im not paying $100 000 for that
Z

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 11:47:03 AM »
im not paying $100 000 for that

You don't have $100 000 to save your own life.... ;D
?

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 11:53:50 AM »
Nice ride.  I just bought a beemer two weeks ago and I love it. 

It's not a Ferrari, but it's the closest I will come. 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 11:58:08 AM »

No they won't. The people that care about two seat sports cars and 0-60 times don't want electric cars. There's a reason automobile manufacturers spend so much time and money making their engines sound just right, and it's not so that no one can hear it.

We're not ready for electric cars.

Plus, just the batteries in such a car are prohibitively expensive, they'll never reach the break even point in terms of revenue. More than likely this was a design exercise to show people what the company can do.

If you want to see fast electric cars pick up the May issue of Car & Driver and read the National Electric Drag Racing Association story or log onto their website.

http://www.nedra.com/

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 12:17:05 PM »
a $100,000 motorized wheelchair... I'm so excited !

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 12:43:16 PM »
Yeah but how far can it travel before needing to recharge it and where can you recharge it. Electric cars have a ways to go but more then likely alternitive fuels along with electric hybrids will be the future.
I

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 01:04:01 PM »
No they won't. The people that care about two seat sports cars and 0-60 times don't want electric cars. There's a reason automobile manufacturers spend so much time and money making their engines sound just right, and it's not so that no one can hear it.

Plus, just the batteries in such a car are prohibitively expensive, they'll never reach the break even point in terms of revenue. More than likely this was a design exercise to show people what the company can do.

If you want to see fast electric cars pick up the May issue of Car & Driver and read the National Electric Drag Racing Association story or log onto their website.

I think you are wrong.  Arnold was one of the first to endorse this car.  He was also the single most prominent reason we see the Hummer on the road.  They have 400 of them pre-sold and the majority of them are well-known people and people who currently own cars that go 200+ mph.  As a in-the-city ride that looks great and skoots ass this car is perfect.  And as time goes by the price will go down.  From what my calculator says they have retain $40 million in pre-sales already.  That ain't too bad especially when they have another guaranteed $40 million on delivery.  Thats just for the 400 they have sold so far. 

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 01:05:21 PM »
That thing will fit in the bed of my truck....no thanks

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 01:06:25 PM »

is that a ferrari?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 01:22:33 PM »
exactly, the only assholes who buy this 100 000 hot wheel are the ones who already have a 200k ferrari in their driveway.

i'll stick to my gas guzzler.

pretty excited about the new camaro.  definitely buying one (cuz i can't afford a classic  :-[ )
Deep Tissue Massage

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 01:29:41 PM »

i agree....i love fast cars and driving fast, and sound is a big importance to me....that last thing i want is a car that sounds like the fucking jetsons are cruising by

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 01:29:43 PM »
I have actually seen this car down here in Florida.
:D Weee

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 01:42:48 PM »
I think you are wrong.  Arnold was one of the first to endorse this car.  He was also the single most prominent reason we see the Hummer on the road.  They have 400 of them pre-sold and the majority of them are well-known people and people who currently own cars that go 200+ mph.  As a in-the-city ride that looks great and skoots ass this car is perfect.  And as time goes by the price will go down.  From what my calculator says they have retain $40 million in pre-sales already.  That ain't too bad especially when they have another guaranteed $40 million on delivery.  Thats just for the 400 they have sold so far. 

You're right about Arnold and the Humvee, he's essentially the reason we see Hummers on the road. I don't think those two situations are comparable though because electric vehicles appeal to a certain type of person and that person isn't the type of person that buys cars with sub-5 second 0-60 times. We are not ready for electric cars, there's a reason that all other electric cars have failed but hybrids are succeeding on a small basis.

BTW, do you have any idea how much R&D must have cost for that car? The revenue generated from those 400 cars won't even begin to cover R&D costs. I don't understand what you mean by $40 million in pre-sales and another $40 million on delivery, 400 * 100,000 = $40,000,000.

In order for this car to succeed it needs to be profitable and mechanically feasible, meaning it doesn't need to be recharged consistantly and has a full charge driving range to make the car more than just a fast golf cart. In the real world I don't think those two things will happen. On paper it sounds great, real world driving with people that aren't engineers or that don't have a stake in the vehicle succeeding is something completely different.

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »
I'm a car nut and I'd never own that thing.  I'd rather run over it with my truck.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »
One thing to remember, folks.

If things do not go as planned in iraq, and we are not able to find a reason to beat up Iran, gas is going to rise much, much higher.

So while this might be a monster waste and a company over-estimate of product value at 100,000... if you were looking at a scenario of driving your hyundai to work for $17 a gallon on gas.... or invest the $30k or $35k in one of these and never stop at a Mobil again, it might be an option to consider.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 03:06:52 PM »
exactly, the only assholes who buy this 100 000 hot wheel are the ones who already have a 200k ferrari in their driveway.

i'll stick to my gas guzzler.

pretty excited about the new camaro.  definitely buying one (cuz i can't afford a classic  :-[ )

hahah sure you will , you cant even buy speakers for your computer.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 03:24:57 PM »
One thing to remember, folks.

If things do not go as planned in iraq, and we are not able to find a reason to beat up Iran, gas is going to rise much, much higher.

So while this might be a monster waste and a company over-estimate of product value at 100,000... if you were looking at a scenario of driving your hyundai to work for $17 a gallon on gas.... or invest the $30k or $35k in one of these and never stop at a Mobil again, it might be an option to consider.

Oh Rob, ...why must you tease me so?  :P

We already had an electric car, ...but they killed it.  :'(

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/
w

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 05:33:20 PM »
You're right about Arnold and the Humvee, he's essentially the reason we see Hummers on the road. I don't think those two situations are comparable though because electric vehicles appeal to a certain type of person and that person isn't the type of person that buys cars with sub-5 second 0-60 times. We are not ready for electric cars, there's a reason that all other electric cars have failed but hybrids are succeeding on a small basis.

BTW, do you have any idea how much R&D must have cost for that car? The revenue generated from those 400 cars won't even begin to cover R&D costs. I don't understand what you mean by $40 million in pre-sales and another $40 million on delivery, 400 * 100,000 = $40,000,000.

In order for this car to succeed it needs to be profitable and mechanically feasible, meaning it doesn't need to be recharged consistantly and has a full charge driving range to make the car more than just a fast golf cart. In the real world I don't think those two things will happen. On paper it sounds great, real world driving with people that aren't engineers or that don't have a stake in the vehicle succeeding is something completely different.

Yes you are right about my math.  That was my worst subject.  Sorry

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2007, 11:10:46 PM »
when gas prices get so high that the economy suffers greater than it would from the advent of the elec car, it'll arrive really damn fast.

if we hadn't invaded in the mid east, we'd already be looking at sick high gas prices.  Everyone was dropping the dollar and a mid east agreement not to sell to us (or sell high) would have crippled the US. 

When the oil DOES run out, or they do manage to cut us off, we'll go electric car in a hurry.  Right now tho, oil rules and we're gonna keep it in demand here for all the work we're doing to get it.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 02:39:51 AM »
I have actually seen this car down here in Florida.

That is not a electric car women..... ::)
?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 02:42:42 AM »
That is not a electric car women..... ::)

Excuse me if I'm wrong (which I'm not) but I don't seem to see where she claimed that car was electric ??? ::)
I