Author Topic: You muust be politically correct in the steroid forum, or get banned !!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5969 times)

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
Absolutely no offense to Arnold Jr...... but lets remember one thing---when we are left unable to voice our opinion for fear of hurting someones feelings, we are participating in political correctness, which is tearing at the fabric of our country.

Several guys were recently banned from the steroid forum for merely expressing their opinions of female bodybuilders and the effects of steroids on their bodies. Now, i admit that some of these guys may have been a little more opinionated than others.... but what the hell happened to having a debate and being able to express an opinion?

I have heard plenty of guys in the roid forum telling other "guys" that they look like shit, and they weren't banned. Banning people for expressing their opinion is a crock of shit. Political correctness discounts any sign of merit, and leaves us without true substance.

As many things as I have agreed with you on in the past, Arnold Jr., i must say that banning people for "bashing" female steroid users is throwing a punch at the very freedom that makes this country what it is. I hope you will take this constructively and reconsider this political correctness policy in the roid board.
ah yeah Im a voodo child

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
Arnold jr, bigjohn should get banned for bashing women bb. Why do you let him slide?

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
Arnold jr, bigjohn should get banned for bashing women bb. Why do you let him slide?

because he gave me a chance to delete my posts which wre opinions, and not "bashes" i did so promptly in non violent protest so that I would not loose my posting freedom.

check your pm sgt. D
ah yeah Im a voodo child

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby

how did you like my PM for political correctness, sgt. drekarius, or is it DeShawn..lol
ah yeah Im a voodo child

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby

waaaaa waaaa :'(   "bigjohn should be banned because he expressed his opinion"  :'(  waaaa waaaa     :'(
ah yeah Im a voodo child

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
Thats from AJ.....

Guys, please keep your negative thoughts concerning AAS and other performance enhancing drugs to yourself when in reference to women using these drugs. Everyone has their opinion on this topic and if anyone wants to voice a concern in a decent manner fine...simply conduct yourself like you would addressing any other poster on here. There is no need to call these women who post here "idiots" or tell them they are going to end up looking like a man, etc. Sure, there are women out there who do go to the extreme and they may infact end up looking like a man, but I know good and well that there are some of you here who also push the envelope when it comes to 'responsable" use. Either way there is no logical reason for the "hate" replies. Besides, many of you enjoy googeling over some of the various fitness/figure models out there...do you think they do not use these same drugs? If you do believe that then wake up and get a clue.

What brought about this thread is 2 part. First off, the thread started by JerseyGirl asking about HGH, at the moment there are only a handfull of replies on there, but that's only because I had to erase about a dozen of them. The thread had only been up for a few hours when a few idiots made unnecessary hurtfull comments.

Second, over the past year I've encouraged several women to post here on this forum because I often get PM's from a handfull of women concerning AAS. These women are paranoid about posting on the open board out of fear of being ridiculed, and I thought it would be nice if we had a good stable handfull of their peers who could help them out with their own personal experience. So far only a few have taken me up on the offer to post on the open board, and every single time they have been run off...well enough is enough.

From here on out, any board member who bashes or hates any female poster who post here, will be banned from the "Hardcore" board. No warnings no second chances, 1 strike and you're out.

I'd like for our section of this forum to be the best hardcore section on the net, and one of the only way that will happen is if the above guidlines are followed.

trab

• Getbig V
I hate PC culture.
But I respect any woman lifter who wants to pursue the quest for muscle and strength
as far as she wants. If that includes raiding her mans Cypionate, who am I, or anyone else here to criticize? We all need to take triple doses of antiestrogens to keep from growing a rack like Pam Anderson, and we tell women athletes they are bad for enjoying the performance enhancement, and, Ahem...
other enjoyable effects of AAS... (Think about how many guys are stuck w/ gals w/ about zero sex drive?)

Not every woman looks like Adriana Lima or Bridget Hall. Who is anyone to dictate what form someone else should aspire too?  I do think it's sad if women get more that they bargained for in the muscle/shape hunt. Lack of knowledge, and all the vials of who-knows-what-abol are the major problem issue to my mind.

Personal attacks have no place. Lots of Peeps pop in here w/ some issue that is very important to them looking for information.  It's fun to joke around w/ those who enjoy it, but I see no need to try to put others down? WHat's the payoff? Too bad their life has been so unrewarding.

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
I think the bashing comes from,the woman being able to lift more then some of these guys?And the guys just cant handle that.

The other part is half these woman BB would knock you on your ass's.

trab

• Getbig V
I think the bashing comes from,the woman being able to lift more then some of these guys?And the guys just cant handle that.

The other part is half these woman BB would knock you on your ass's.

The average guy gym rat would do better to copy some of these womens training than the programs of the
big Guy pro BBers. Lots of guys are just way overtrained.

I remember when Bev Francis first hit the BBing world between the eyes. I was in shock, but hey, it's called BodyBuilding not a fashion show.  Rachel should win over her development? I dont think so. Not if it's called bodyBuilding.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
It's not about being PC - it's about being respectful to each other. If we go crazy bad mouthing each other & then fucking with one & other it becomes the G&O board with a little bit about steroids. If you want to critique someone go for it but do it without attacking them. I think right now we have a good mix of serious discussion with a little bit of "fooling around" mixed in. If you want to fuck around & go a little crazy post on the Locker Room thread.  

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
I understand your concern John, and I'll be honest, when it comes to "political correctness" I'm not a big fan of it at all...I'm pretty politically incorrect myself...hell, BB itself is politically incorrect. That said, the "banning" which more accurately should be called a suspension, was not done in the name of PC. I'm all about free expression, free speech, voicing your opinion, etc. But I believe more often then not, people use the term "free speech" too loosely and take it beyond it's true intent.

For example, when you get technical about free speech, it does mean we are allowed to voice an opinion and make bold statements, but their is a limit...there has to be. For instance, you've taken a lot of classes revolving around political debate and theory, and one of the biggest instances that explains this is, you're not allowed to shout fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire...meaning, free speech does not permit inciting ciaos, nor does it allow lying, nor does it allow any speech that will be detrimental to someones character when it is obviously falsely construed....and that is exactly what was happening in the thread that revolved around Melissa Dettwiller.

I'm not asking anyone to approve of female BB and all the things that come with it. If you or anyone else doesn't like female BB, fine, say so, that's fine...but it needs to be done in a manner that voices an opinion that carries some class and dignity with it, not one that is full of lies, as well as blatant hurtfull remarks that demean the attacked character. In Melissa's case, her image is what pays the bills, and damaging remarks that are undeservedly made are made, this damages that image and damages her career. This is not what free speech is about. Had Melissa committed some crime or done something that would warrant character damaging remarks, then yes, these remarks would fall under free speech protection...that obviously did not happen though.

As far as hurting someone's "feelings", in one regard you're right, BB be it mens or womens is a very subjective endeavour, criticsism will come about, both good and bad. But for the above reasons stated, this criticism needs to be conducted accordingly. Further, although we live in a free democratic society, we are still bound by laws, and there are rules and laws in every aspect from the biggest to the smallest thing...this obviously being a small thing being an internet message board...but there still has to be some sort of protocol.

Finally, most seem to support this new rule, except for those banned and they make up a very small minority...so hey, majority rules. And who is the head of this Majority, Ron, and so far he has supported this new rule and I hope that will continue.

In short, debate, fine. Voicing opinions, fine. Criticising, fine. Being a flaming douche bag in your remarks, particularly against a woman, Fucking ludicrous and it won't be tolerated.

Has our society lost all respect in conducting themselves towards women?

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
You dont have to explain yourself AJ if they or him dont like it they can get the fuck out or get banned it really dont take any sweat off my balls.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
You dont have to explain yourself AJ if they or him dont like it they can get the fuck out or get banned it really dont take any sweat off my balls.
I don't mind him or anyone else questioning it...I'm not here to act like some sort of Lord Dictator. Even so, the above explanation I think sums it up fairly well.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
bigjohn....WTF bro?  You been acting a little squirrelly lately man, whats going on?  Didn't you just get married?  How did that go?  I know that squad owning was painful but WTF?  AJ went through some crap over there too and then you post this about him?  I think it stinks!

You brought this BS to the G&O board too I saw, that was really chicken shit.  I gotta ask again what the the hell is up?  WTF are you doing?

As far as the banning goes I could care less, those guys don't post here anyhow, other than to cause trouble.  I'm sure AJ will see he overreacted a little and will eventually remove the "ban".

If someone would like to express an opinion they can do so, in the proper manner.  I know you will say your reason for posting this was this "freedom of the people", Blah, blah, blah crap.  You have been acting weird lately dude.

I hate PC culture.
But I respect any woman lifter who wants to pursue the quest for muscle and strength
as far as she wants. If that includes raiding her mans Cypionate, who am I, or anyone else here to criticize? We all need to take triple doses of antiestrogens to keep from growing a rack like Pam Anderson, and we tell women athletes they are bad for enjoying the performance enhancement, and, Ahem...
other enjoyable effects of AAS... (Think about how many guys are stuck w/ gals w/ about zero sex drive?)

Not every woman looks like Adriana Lima or Bridget Hall. Who is anyone to dictate what form someone else should aspire too?  I do think it's sad if women get more that they bargained for in the muscle/shape hunt. Lack of knowledge, and all the vials of who-knows-what-abol are the major problem issue to my mind.

Personal attacks have no place. Lots of Peeps pop in here w/ some issue that is very important to them looking for information.  It's fun to joke around w/ those who enjoy it, but I see no need to try to put others down? WHat's the payoff? Too bad their life has been so unrewarding.

I love this post, its right on the money.  I was laughing my ass off as the dicks were making fun of the BB chicks calling them men.  The whole time I was thinking, if these chicks saw the guys making fun of them they would laugh their asses off.  The women BB's would wonder why those dicks had so much estrogen floating around in their fat, girly bodies.  And why most of them have man boobs.  And they think they are gonna sit back and criticize these women?  What a joke, lots of insecure, fat asses who don't even have the balls to post their own picture. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I have mad respect for women bb's.  I have been lifting for 15 years now and 3 years ago my best bud was dating The Female Canadian BB champ.  She was short about 5 feet tall.  We all worked out together and she took us through her routine.  We were both crying like babies half way through from the pain but she was like a machine.  I wasn't able to move my arms for 3 days.  She was baaad assssss.  People don't get it but a women needs to lift way harder than a guy does to put on muscle, even with AAS.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
I have respect for women bodybuilders too, for sure....I dont believe in bashing and disrespecting anyone, I was concerned but this thread has lead me to more understand the idea behin aj's efforts...I was just disappointed because I didnt bash any women bb, i just said one looked like shit, whick if anyone saw the picture they would say the same thing
ah yeah Im a voodo child

youandme

• Getbig V
I don't post here much, but I remember going to a lecture regarding transgender identity disorder and the speaker mentioned women bodybuilders. Other than on this message board I'm not for bashing people and making them feel bad about themselves (mostly just sushant) but if you think your doing a honor by turning your head the other way while a women questions her inherited hormonal characteristics, and wants to put a male hormone in her body and deconstruct her gender, and take on male characeristics than go ahead. But something is wrong with that! If people want to make comments on other portions of this board ok, but I don't think comments made on other portions of getbig should reflect this portion either. On the other hand if they are going to do it; then they should be geared towards collecting as much knowledge as possible. But I'm sure alot of the 'banned' people listed have valuable insight on some of the things discussed on this portion of the board.

4thAD

A lot of those guys(Not all) are tools and offer nothing to this forum,(squad members). Many of those guys come in here and add nothing constructive, they just cause trouble!

trab

• Getbig V
I have respect for women bodybuilders too, for sure....I don't believe in bashing and disrespecting anyone, I was concerned but this thread has lead me to more understand the idea behin aj's efforts...I was just disappointed because I didnt bash any women bb, i just said one looked like shit, whick if anyone saw the picture they would say the same thing

I allways enjoy John here, I didn't see the offending articles... John strikes me as the kind of guy who enjoys messing w/ his friends till they hit back, and enjoys it ;).  I don't take most of his jabs seriously, more of just to provoke response.  Real Personal attacks have no place as far as I'm concerned.

Like 4thad says many of the GBers that pop in here to cause trouble time to time NEVER have anything constructive to say. John does. I think if he offended anyone, he'd have no problem talking it out w/ them.

AS far as the Baned group having usefull knowledge for the women, well if they can present examples w/ out value ridden criticism I think that is usefull. I doubt some can though. They want ALL women as THEY feel they should be.
If a woman wants max muscle and is comfortable with that, I'm not labeling them "wrong" "deconstructing their gender"
"Psychologically disordered" etc. You know the reaction that brings in your target. Stow it. Frankly it comes across as you feel threatened by them in some way.

Perhaps some gals desire more strength/ physical capability for the same reason many guys do... All the assholes they have had to deal w/ in life. Also, some gals just plain are sort of (very) masculine to start with.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby

you are one to be commenting, zeek
ah yeah Im a voodo child

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
I allways enjoy John here, I didn't see the offending articles... John strikes me as the kind of guy who enjoys messing w/ his friends till they hit back, and enjoys it ;).  I don't take most of his jabs seriously, more of just to provoke response.  Real Personal attacks have no place as far as I'm concerned.

Like 4thad says many of the GBers that pop in here to cause trouble time to time NEVER have anything constructive to say. John does. I think if he offended anyone, he'd have no problem talking it out w/ them.

AS far as the Baned group having usefull knowledge for the women, well if they can present examples w/ out value ridden criticism I think that is usefull. I doubt some can though. They want ALL women as THEY feel they should be.
If a woman wants max muscle and is comfortable with that, I'm not labeling them "wrong" "deconstructing their gender"
"Psychologically disordered" etc. You know the reaction that brings in your target. Stow it. Frankly it comes across as you feel threatened by them in some way.

Perhaps some gals desire more strength/ physical capability for the same reason many guys do... All the assholes they have had to deal w/ in life. Also, some gals just plain are sort of (very) masculine to start with.

lol, me and you might be some kin....as far as my initial post in this thread, i am the type of guy to bring things right out for discusssion, instead of taking cowardly cheapshots at a classy guy like Arnold jr.....
ah yeah Im a voodo child

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
ham sandwich :)

bench

trab

• Getbig V

lol, me and you might be some kin....as far as my initial post in this thread, i am the type of guy to bring things right out for discusssion, instead of taking cowardly cheapshots at a classy guy like Arnold jr.....

Yeah John, for some reason you remind me of this guy I worked w/ who liked to do  stuff like - start his friends pants on fire... just kind of got to keep a eye out... He'd allways put it out of course, but some peeps don't find the humor ;D

Arnold comes across a class act. He seems like he ought to have a business of his own to me. Success there is the same as BBing.

Some of the female BBers here have been getting a LOT of nasty personal attacks. Hey people attacked Rachel MacLeish (Sp?)
as doing wrong... Then along came Bev.. Then they really had something to grind their teeth about.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

I think the notion is not that you can talk about the effects of steroids and the female bodybuilder, but the persistent consistent attack on various female bodybuilders, making it much more personal that was the problem.

There is a difference.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
Bigjohn has already said he hate black people and women bb. Keep all the positive comments coming  ::)