Author Topic: You muust be politically correct in the steroid forum, or get banned !!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5967 times)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
I'm all about free speech but crude derogatory remarks have no place on this board or any other board period. the G&O board is a playground for kids but this board has always been about truth backed by education where we are free to express our opinion in an educated manner.

i agree with Arnold and think if someone has a problem they should be able to speak about it respectfully and have some medical knowledge to back it up. rude remarks about any persons body do not have their place here, male or female.

my personal opinion is i don't agree with ANY human mega dosing on AAS but who am i to judge? what business is it of mine what a person reads, injects or drinks as long as it doesn't harm myself or other humans in some way? That's right, NONE of my business. people can live their life however they see fit as long as they don't harm another human intentionally.

Ladies, it is your life, if you choose to use hormones you should not be judged any differently than myself or any other AAS user. it doesn't bother me a single bit if they want to have big muscles and get up on stage or lift heavy weights.

8)

Slintowin

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • I saw you just the other day my how you have grow
well said Ron

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT

Ladies, it is your life, if you choose to use hormones you should not be judged any differently than myself or any other AAS user. it doesn't bother me a single bit if they want to have big muscles and get up on stage or lift heavy weights.

In theory, I agree with you 100%. However, men don't get side effects making them resemble the other gender which makes them deemed less marketable.

I am all for respect showed to women [obviously], I just do despair of the effect that masculined women have had for all us women who compete. Years ago, when it was not so prevalent, we had women on mag covers, women getting sponsorships/contest coverage etc. Now forget it.....bodybuilder women get next to nothing. There are only 4 [maybe 5?] female bodybuildng pro shows this year. First we lost the marketing opportunites, now we are losing the actual shows.....what next? 

Although women do have the right to gear up and look like guys, when they do that they negatively impact the whole scene, and affect all us women. Saddens me to see a small majority doing this, and screaming it is their right, when there are thousands who do not and are affected.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
In theory, I agree with you 100%. However, men don't get side effects making them resemble the other gender which makes them deemed less marketable.

I am all for respect showed to women [obviously], I just do despair of the effect that masculined women have had for all us women who compete. Years ago, when it was not so prevalent, we had women on mag covers, women getting sponsorships/contest coverage etc. Now forget it.....bodybuilder women get next to nothing. There are only 4 [maybe 5?] female bodybuildng pro shows this year. First we lost the marketing opportunites, now we are losing the actual shows.....what next? 

Although women do have the right to gear up and look like guys, when they do that they negatively impact the whole scene, and affect all us women. Saddens me to see a small majority doing this, and screaming it is their right, when there are thousands who do not and are affected.
I truly beelive that over the next few years, we may indeed see a complete overhaul in womens BB...one that is more in lines with the "older" style physiques...basically slightly larger figure girls who are as well much harder and defined, as well as more "feminine." There has been a push for this for a while, and there are several women out there now who fit this style and who seem to slowly (yes slowly, but it is happening) be getting more notoriety. Will they still be using drugs? Yes, but there is no question that female BB can indeed use these drugs and still maintain a sexy quality. It simply depends on the drugs used and the dose.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
I truly beelive that over the next few years, we may indeed see a complete overhaul in womens BB...one that is more in lines with the "older" style physiques...basically slightly larger figure girls who are as well much harder and defined, as well as more "feminine." There has been a push for this for a while, and there are several women out there now who fit this style and who seem to slowly (yes slowly, but it is happening) be getting more notoriety. Will they still be using drugs? Yes, but there is no question that female BB can indeed use these drugs and still maintain a sexy quality. It simply depends on the drugs used and the dose.

Great post and I agree.

Even here on this board, we have just have 3 girls switch to bb from figure, and they all look great, very feminine. I hope to see the trend continue.

trab

• Getbig V

I don't know the answer, but you are correct, there is not such a market for the extreme female physique. It's hurting what the marketing potential could evolve to.

Perhaps I could make a comparison to stock car racing (I hope I don't get hit w/ "sexist" for this)... In the late 60's the hemi Daytonas and other cars became so powerfull that they exceeded available tire technology & the tracks safety levels. Restrictor plates limited power and slowed things down, made for closer, safer (in most ways) and more exciting and therefore popular racing.

Now, I think most would agree that AAS have a profound effect, and not necessarily eliminating them entirely, but
some truly functional level of "restriction" would help. If competitors WANT to use No Holds Barred protocols re AAS
that's one thing, but being forced to run like that to be competitive is another. Also, BBing has allways been, and will allways be, the proving grounds for performance sports enhancement compound use - and avoidance of detection!
So, I don't know if theres a answer. I guess the most knowledgable minds in regard to AAS testing/ detection would need a large expensive program in place to even attempt to reign it in.

Other thing is, we call it Body Building, it's not a Sport's Illustrated Swimsuite show.
Many of the women will be ridiculed, criticized and attacked for even bringing in an Natural, but muscular and low BF% in.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
I don't know the answer, but you are correct, there is not such a market for the extreme female physique. It's hurting what the marketing potential could evolve to.

Perhaps I could make a comparison to stock car racing (I hope I don't get hit w/ "sexist" for this)... In the late 60's the hemi Daytonas and other cars became so powerfull that they exceeded available tire technology & the tracks safety levels. Restrictor plates limited power and slowed things down, made for closer, safer (in most ways) and more exciting and therefore popular racing.

Now, I think most would agree that AAS have a profound effect, and not necessarily eliminating them entirely, but
some truly functional level of "restriction" would help. If competitors WANT to use No Holds Barred protocols re AAS
that's one thing, but being forced to run like that to be competitive is another. Also, BBing has allways been, and will allways be, the proving grounds for performance sports enhancement compound use - and avoidance of detection!
So, I don't know if theres a answer. I guess the most knowledgable minds in regard to AAS testing/ detection would need a large expensive program in place to even attempt to reign it in.

Other thing is, we call it Body Building, it's not a Sport's Illustrated Swimsuite show.
Many of the women will be ridiculed, criticized and attacked for even bringing in an Natural, but muscular and low BF% in.

Excellent post, and I didn't think your car analogy was sexist at all ;D

Alot of my perspective comes from the fact that I *know* female bb can be relatively popular. I am West Indian, and compete in the IFBB amateur division. Here we are drug tested constantly, and even to enter the pro qualifier we must provide certification of being drug free. Blood tests are done 3/4 times a year, which are sent a Canadian lab for full scale testing, not just for 'diuretics' type thing. Not that there is the need for me, but I couldn't try and 'beat' the test really as I am only given 24 hrs notice and also refusal or a positive results in a 2 yr ban, 2nd equals a lifetime ban...

This equates to the female bodybuilders in the region being attractive feminine women for the most part. The shows sell out, many times there are more female bodybuilders than male, and they do not inspire the same revulsion as many of their western counterparts do. Female bodybuilding is very respectable here, and the women are are the exact same footing as the males as far as benefits and exposure. We get mainstream coverage, newspapers, evening news etc.  I truly see the impact that the drug side effects have on female bodybuilding due to not only history, to my locale.

Like you said, I am screaming for elimination here, but restriction. I'm a realist, drugs will always be around, but no need for women to look like they are using a truckload :-X

trab

• Getbig V
There is just no easy answer. "Revulsion" is a real strong emotion (outright hate even too) personally, I'm into live and let live, but it's affecting your sport. 

It sounds like they have a working situation in your area, but I suspect the USA is the biggest influence.
IFBB politics seem as complicated as any other.

There WAS a lot of excitement and interest in Womens Bodybuilding when it 1st hit the scene. These days
it has become and excuse for fat girls not to work out, "I dont want to look like a female BBer..."
As if lifting weights a bit would do that?

Some women will want to take it as far as they can. I dont criticize them, it's human nature.
Perhaps 2 separate classes? But w/ allready diminished fan interest..? ???
Bottom line is it's a business, and it dont sound like it's working  that well overall.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Thing is who really cares if BB is marketable?  It will never be widely accepted, I think its better off as a small niche sport anyhow.  Keeps it cobby and sort of underground.  Its been tried and unless you are into the core of the sport or lifestyle the shows come off as lackluster and strange.  Hell I get bored at the shows.  I do enjoy the prejudging though because thats where the real battles take place.  Cool to see a big class of good competitors, guys or girls go at it in the comparison rounds, thats the sport.

trab

• Getbig V
Thing is who really cares if BB is marketable?  It will never be widely accepted, I think its better off as a small niche sport anyhow.  Keeps it cobby and sort of underground.  Its been tried and unless you are into the core of the sport or lifestyle the shows come off as lackluster and strange.  Hell I get bored at the shows.  I do enjoy the prejudging though because thats where the real battles take place.  Cool to see a big class of good competitors, guys or girls go at it in the comparison rounds, thats the sport.

Yeah, I think lots of people get disappointed (deluded) that there's a big $ to be made in BBing. Not many can pull that rabbit out of a dumpster. And I think the ones that do are just good at marketing themselves, regardless of placing near the very top.  The big gainers (magazines etc) ought to work at getting more money to flow, lots more of the very high quality competitors ought to be able to live off it IMO.
The industry does turn a lot of money: Sups, magazines, etc.  But not much trickles down to the competitors it seems.   But  the whole sport  is a bit on the strange side huh? I wouldst have the balls to get up there on a stage and do 1/4 turns in my undies even if I looked great!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT

These days it has become and excuse for fat girls not to work out, "I dont want to look like a female BBer..."
As if lifting weights a bit would do that?

God, I know. I hear this constantly and I swear I will scream if I hear it again >:(

trab

• Getbig V
God, I know. I hear this constantly and I swear I will scream if I hear it again >:(

Right, I think fit women are very attractive. Personally I like the way most of the women competitors look
4-5 wks BEFORE their contest. I love full  curvy hamstring muscles and calves on women. Add spike heels, please! And strong lats and other back muscles are Lovely to behold ripple. (esp. when viewed directly from above ;D).  Hopeless ain't I?

I cant count how many women who ask me this or that about lifting (They may have a not bad shape to start)
and they look all perplexed  ??? when I tell them their Waist will look SMALLER if they make their lats and delts
just a little wider... (and you can still eat more of what you like too! :)) Then they get a all worried look about lifting weights... "Oh, I don't want to look like one of those Women BBers, they look like guys."  Well, fine keep your hands off MY steroids and you'll be fine!! (I don't personally care what any woman lifter chooses to do as she sees fit. It's her body, I hope they get what they intended)

So many also, "Just want to Lose Weight".  I ask if they want to lose: Bone density, Liver, Brain mass, and Muscle? Because the body will tend to sacrifice those before its precious  FAT stash if given 1/2 a chance.
More muscle helps bump up fat burning anyway. Phentramine + starvation is great for that lovely hanging skin look. Even Fat looks better than that!

I don't find that bony runway model look even a little attractive (eg: the Paris Hilton look. Enjoy Jail Paris ;)).
They don't look like they could Carry a couple bags of groceries up some stairs. They sure don't look like good
mother/ wife material. They look ill.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
Bigjohn has already said he hate black people and women bb. Keep all the positive comments coming  ::)

please show me or quote me where I said I hate women bb or black people..... for the record, I dont make personal attacks (when being serious) but i do have enough balls to admit how I really feel... now, I said a particular woman bodybuilder looks like shit, and thats my opinion

as for black people, I dont hate them, I just dont particularly care to associate or be around MOST black people because they tend to whine and bitch and think the world is against them, and that the world owes them something--- you are doing it right here in this thread----putting words in my mouth...nothing personal, but this is how i really feel
ah yeah Im a voodo child

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
please show me or quote me where I said I hate women bb or black people..... for the record, I dont make personal attacks (when being serious) but i do have enough balls to admit how I really feel... now, I said a particular woman bodybuilder looks like shit, and thats my opinion

as for black people, I dont hate them, I just dont particularly care to associate or be around MOST black people because they tend to whine and bitch and think the world is against them, and that the world owes them something--- you are doing it right here in this thread----putting words in my mouth...nothing personal, but this is how i really feel

Lol you whine the most on getbig. You even made this same thread on the G&O board. So you make personal attacks just for jokes?  ::) Do I need to link you to the thread where you said you hate black people and they should go back to where they came from? ::) Quick you better start deleting your post from that thread. ::) I still don't see why arnoldjr allows you to stay but banned other people that says the same thing as you.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
Lol you whine the most on getbig. You even made this same thread on the G&O board. So you make personal attacks just for jokes?  ::) Do I need to link you to the thread where you said you hate black people and they should go back to where they came from? ::) Quick you better start deleting your post from that thread. ::) I still don't see why arnoldjr allows you to stay but banned other people that says the same thing as you.

look bro, I dont know what your deal is, but I have no problem with you....nor have I ever said "I hate black people" I dont hate anyone.... I love people, and I am an honest person.... I have told you how I truly feel about the black issue. If you dont respect the way I feel, tough.
ah yeah Im a voodo child