Author Topic: eating when on?  (Read 1581 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
eating when on?
« on: May 02, 2007, 06:22:33 AM »
what kind of meal plan do you guys follow when on or is there really not one? Right now I take in about 60-100 carbs a day and about 300grams of protien with fats

I took my first shot, got a rice cooker, and am now eating a cup of rice with every meal today while reading up on this stuff. I'm only planning on upping my calorie intake about 100 over my daily which should put me a little under 4k a day. Is that too little for someone 230? I'm hoping to hit 260 when on but my problem is I put on the fat BAD when bulking and want to keep myself under 15% when on. I am a machine when it comes to eating and can take the punishment of shitty tasting food but want to make sure I'm putting down enough and at the right times. I wanted carbs in all the time to always be there for energy and to processing all the protien I'm taking in.

I had another question in regards to carbs and when do eat them..as of now the plan is to eat them with every meal. A cup of rice 6-7 tiems a day adds up. Is there a better time to have them INSTEAD of at every meal? I also though about eating my carbs from 6am to 11 am and cutting them out of ever meal save pre and post workout there after.

I'm curious as to your diets when using. The reason I posted it here is because this is the steroid board and want to know how to eat when using them. Thanks guys. Last time I was one I made sure my protien count was there and just ate pasta, potatos, and rice til I felt full. I gained 15 lbs lean but also 15lbs of fat in the process.  :-\

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: eating when on?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 08:46:50 AM »
Just eat at least 8 full meals a day and it should be fine, because you said you put on fat easy, i donīt think you need more...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 08:55:22 AM »
I'm going to ramp my carbs up to about 200-300 a day to match the protein intake and leave it there and monitor it. If my percentages start rising then I'll start backing off. I'm taking what I've learned the last few cycles I've done and incorporating into my first longer one but want to make sure I get the full benefit of being on and the diet and a diet that's easily maintainable once I come off.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 09:05:39 AM »
*I'm confused, you said you're eating 60-100g of carbs per day, yet you eat 1cup of rice with each meal...this would be 100's of grams of carbs per day.

*If you put on fat as easy as you say, I would not up my carbs as high as you have or as you've planned too (still confused on that) Carbs do not build muscle, protein and fats aid in muscles building...carbs are only an energy source. Yes, they have other purposes as well, such as in a post training meal, but for the most part of for our purposes, they are simply an energy source. Fats also provide energy, and are a more stable source.

*If you put on fat easy, I'd limit my meals to 6 per day. This may or may not include a post w/o shake...that would be up to you.

*Is 4k per day too much or too little? Well, how much of that is LBM? Are you making progress off of less, if so I don't see the need to add more. That would just make you fat. If you're not progressing, then yeah go for more.

*I don't believe in the myth about eating carbs past a certain time of day. Possibly for an inactive person this might matter a little, but even there I doubt it. For a BB, this idea is pure BS.

*Last off, don't worry too much about the scale...don't gauge your progress by the scale....mirrors only or an extra eye if you've got one.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 09:31:06 AM »
*I'm confused, you said you're eating 60-100g of carbs per day, yet you eat 1cup of rice with each meal...this would be 100's of grams of carbs per day.

*If you put on fat as easy as you say, I would not up my carbs as high as you have or as you've planned too (still confused on that) Carbs do not build muscle, protein and fats aid in muscles building...carbs are only an energy source. Yes, they have other purposes as well, such as in a post training meal, but for the most part of for our purposes, they are simply an energy source. Fats also provide energy, and are a more stable source.

*If you put on fat easy, I'd limit my meals to 6 per day. This may or may not include a post w/o shake...that would be up to you.

*Is 4k per day too much or too little? Well, how much of that is LBM? Are you making progress off of less, if so I don't see the need to add more. That would just make you fat. If you're not progressing, then yeah go for more.

*I don't believe in the myth about eating carbs past a certain time of day. Possibly for an inactive person this might matter a little, but even there I doubt it. For a BB, this idea is pure BS.

*Last off, don't worry too much about the scale...don't gauge your progress by the scale....mirrors only or an extra eye if you've got one.

-that's what I eat now..without the cup of rice per meal added in. Now that I'm on it's going to be different.

-I want to up the carbs to give myself energy for that reason and let the fat and protien in my diet do the work instead of having the fat run my system. I'm also going of percentages. If I'm gaining weight but staying under the bodyfat percentage I want, well then I'll see that as progress.

carbs past a certain time keep me awake easily...but food in is food in so we'll give it a go.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 01:32:53 PM »

good advice.

also if you have a digital camera take pics "under the same lighting" once a month. do it in the morning and not after your workouts.

a picture is worth a thousand words.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 01:44:38 PM »

Excellent advice. You speak the truth my friend.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 02:12:31 PM »
Excellent advice. You speak the truth my friend.
You know, this is something I've always understood to be true, it took a while though to fully understand how much the scale doesn't matter. However, I still sometimes revert to making the mistake of using the scale and how much weight I'm moving as a gauge, for example, the previous 5 or 6 months before I started dieting, I sort of became a little delusional to my progress...I got too fixated on bulking to a certain weight, when in fact I would have been better off stopping my weight gain about 10-15lb less then I did...oh well, at least it wasn't 50+lbs.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 02:33:24 PM »
You know, this is something I've always understood to be true, it took a while though to fully understand how much the scale doesn't matter. However, I still sometimes revert to making the mistake of using the scale and how much weight I'm moving as a gauge, for example, the previous 5 or 6 months before I started dieting, I sort of became a little delusional to my progress...I got too fixated on bulking to a certain weight, when in fact I would have been better off stopping my weight gain about 10-15lb less then I did...oh well, at least it wasn't 50+lbs.

I know what you mean I still weigh myself here & there but I don't put that much emphasis on being a certain weight anymore.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 03:24:47 PM »

I think we have all done that. i used to weigh myself everyday! all it did was drive me crazy.

now i weigh myself once every week just to see where I'm at.

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 06:38:26 AM »
My current diet looks like this...I am a machine when it comes to eating so sticking with it hasn't been a problem. I want a better body more than I crave a fucking cookie.

meal 1: shake with skim milk and 6 whole eggs
meal 2: 2 cups rice with a whole chicken breast, not just one side.  eaten over an hours time
meal 3: 2 cups rice with whole chicken breast...same
meal 4: shake with milk and 4 table spoons natural peanut butter for a snack
meal 5: Whole chicken breast with veggies and one cup rice.
meal 6: shake before bed with milk.

Occassionally I'll throw in pork chops or flank steak fajitas without the toritilla, just the meat and veggies for dinner but it pretty much stays the same. I would think It would be more than sufficient for someone weighing 235 looking to hit 260 in about 15 weeks no?

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 12:04:34 PM »
IMO if I were you id drink less shakes and eat more whole foods.  Make sure the rice you are eating is brown and not white.  Also I could be mistaken but isnt pasta a simple carb ranked high on the glycemic index?  If so I wouldnt eat much of that, stick to brown rice

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 01:43:54 PM »
My current diet looks like this...I am a machine when it comes to eating so sticking with it hasn't been a problem. I want a better body more than I crave a fucking cookie.

meal 1: shake with skim milk and 6 whole eggs
meal 2: 2 cups rice with a whole chicken breast, not just one side.  eaten over an hours time
meal 3: 2 cups rice with whole chicken breast...same
meal 4: shake with milk and 4 table spoons natural peanut butter for a snack
meal 5: Whole chicken breast with veggies and one cup rice.
meal 6: shake before bed with milk.

Occassionally I'll throw in pork chops or flank steak fajitas without the toritilla, just the meat and veggies for dinner but it pretty much stays the same. I would think It would be more than sufficient for someone weighing 235 looking to hit 260 in about 15 weeks no?

Man thats a lot of rice!  Milk is junk.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 03:14:15 PM »
IF I CAN GET AWAY WITH LESS FUCKING RICE I'D LOVE THAT!  :-X 

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 04:18:19 PM »
IF I CAN GET AWAY WITH LESS FUCKING RICE I'D LOVE THAT!  :-X 

agreed.  i eat a cup of uncle bens brown rice w/ each meal when bulking and the taste is just awful

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 05:34:24 PM »
just one cup a meal is enough? I think wiht the milk, peanut butter, and the fats in my diet I might be able to get away wiht cutting out some of the rice. MAYBE!