Author Topic: Congress fails to override Bush's Veto!  (Read 2688 times)

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
Re: Congress fails to override Bush's Veto!
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 01:00:08 PM »
Do you think the reverse could happen?  Obama as president with Mrs. Clinton as the vice president?

No way. Hillary likes to be on top.  ;D

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 01:02:43 PM »
No way. Hillary likes to be on top.  ;D
Any chance that John Edwards can bypass both of them?

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 01:07:37 PM »
Do you think the reverse could happen?  Obama as president with Mrs. Clinton as the vice president?
This country is not ready yet to elect a female prez or a black man.   SOunds racist I suppose but its true.
John McCain, our next president.  FIGHT ON!  and BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN!!!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 01:08:12 PM »

He would be the best chance the dems have but apparently they are too foolish to recognize that.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2007, 01:08:24 PM »

Very unlikely. Only if they make major blunders. Edwards comes accross as too much of a nice guy and that $400 haircut didn't help him any.

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 01:11:56 PM »
This country is not ready yet to elect a female prez or a black man.   SOunds racist I suppose but its true.
John McCain, our next president.  FIGHT ON!  and BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN!!!

I hope McCain is the elephant nominee. He will be the easiest to beat with his pro Bush/Iraq war philosophy.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 01:17:29 PM »
I hope McCain is the elephant nominee. He will be the easiest to beat with his pro Bush/Iraq war philosophy.

Nah, my man BUSH will have another plane flown into the empire state building and then we can warn people the BOOGEYMAN is still out there, vote McCain or the boogeyman gets us.  Whatever it takes baby!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »
... Whatever it takes baby!

From the mouths of babes and old men - Republican political philosophy in a nutshell.  :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 01:24:37 PM »

I think that's definitely a possibility.  It's still Hillary's nomination to lose IMO, but I think Old Rooster is right about the country electing a woman (particularly someone as polarizing as Hillary) or a minority as president.  Too many bigots.  Edwards gave Kerry a good run late in the 04 race.  He's still very much in it.  

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2007, 01:29:02 PM »
I think that's definitely a possibility.  It's still Hillary's nomination to lose IMO, but I think Old Rooster is right about the country electing a woman (particularly someone as polarizing as Hillary) or a minority as president.  Too many bigots.  Edwards gave Kerry a good run late in the 04 race.  He's still very much in it.  
IT all comes down to can he raise the money they can which appears doubtful.  Its all about the money now a days as to whom can be prez.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2007, 01:31:32 PM »
IT all comes down to can he raise the money they can which appears doubtful.  Its all about the money now a days as to whom can be prez.

Sad but mostly true.  Phil Graham raised millions, but he was just too ugly to be prez.   :)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 01:58:32 PM »
I agree, I think Sen. Kerry's run wouldn't have been anywhere near as close as the last election ended were it not for Edwards being on the same ticket. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 01:59:13 PM »
Sad but mostly true.  Phil Graham raised millions, but he was just too ugly to be prez.   :)
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

no you didn't!  hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 04:40:53 AM »
super!

without that money, our troops will have to depend on their wits- not body armor or training- to get by over there.

Yeah too bad though that he wants more money for the troops and without a deadline for withdrawl. Oh and it wasn't a suggested withdrawl date it was a withdrawl date.
I

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 05:43:54 AM »

Yeah too bad though that he wants more money for the troops and without a deadline for withdrawl. Oh and it wasn't a suggested withdrawl date it was a withdrawl date.

it was non-binding.  Bush didn't have to employ it.  It was an impotent notion.